TSSAA DROPS THE BALL ?

FIG4

Yes, the NFHS says you can't use video in regards to a match. But the NFHS says we can haul all our kids to the hydration test (for 10 bucks :thumb: ). The NFHS says we can only wrestle at 7% body fat. The NFHS says that our kids can only lose .015 of their body weight per week. The NFHS says you can get red flagged if our kids lose too much weight too soon. The NFHS says that we now have a cap on weight allowance. The NFHS says we can spend countless hours typing all this into the website. Why? Because it's for the betterment of our kids. I agree.

So why can't video "help" someone make the correct call? Give me a break. Don't talk out of both sides of your face! Their have been many instances of this.

Region Tournament 1993:

Markese Nelson (State Champ 94,95) was undefeated as a sophomore and was probably on his way to winning his 1st state title. Same thing happens and Markese is DQ'd. The kid is undefeated and is OWNING his match. So all of a sudden he's going to bite? No way! Also, only upper set of teeth marks.

State Tournament 2004:

Luke Sanders (Mont Cent) wins state title over Bond Davis (Franklin). Sanders gets 3rd caution in overtime, but officials don't catch it. Brought to officials attention later, but we all know how that turned out.

If you're going to do what's best for the kids, do what's best for the kids!

Rules are guide lines and are not life and death. The're are exceptions to rules!

This should be one of those.

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WELL IT IS HARD TO BELIEVE, BUT IT SEEMS THE A D AT SPINGFIELD HIGH HAS TAKEN THE STANCE THAT THEY SHOULD GO BY THE RULING ON THE MAT.

I HAVE NO PROBLEM WITH THAT. BUT HE THINKS SINCE HE IS GOING WITH THE RULING ON THE MAT. THEY SHOULD NOT ASK FOR THE SUPENSION TO BE DROPPED. THEY HAVE BE CONTACTED BY GHS OFFICALS, AND FANS AND ALL WERE TOLD THE SAME.

THIS IS A SAD DAY FOR THE SPORT.

NOT TO MENTION THE WRESTLER.

I CANT KEEP FROM WONDERING HOW THEY WOULD FEEL IF THE SHOE WAS ON THE OTHER FOOT.

NO ONE WANTS THE WIN TO BE TAKEN AWAY FROM THEIR WRESTLER. JUST LIFT THE SUPENSION. IF THEY DONT REQUEST IT GREENEVILLE REQUEST WILL BE NO GOOD.

IF ANYONE HAS INFLUENCE ON THESE SCHOOL OFFICALS PLEASE TRY AND CHANGE THEIR MIND.

AS I HAVE STATED BEFORE MY GOAL IS NOT TO POINT FINERS OR BAD MOUTH ANYONE. SIMPLY DO WHAT IS BEST FOR THE WRESTLER. FROM THE FEEDBACK I HAVE SEEN YOU ALL SEEM TO AGREE WITH ME.

RING THEM PHONES, SEND THEM EMAILS. :thumb:

WELL IT IS HARD TO BELIEVE, BUT IT SEEMS THE A D AT SPINGFIELD HIGH HAS TAKEN THE STANCE THAT THEY SHOULD GO BY THE RULING ON THE MAT.

I HAVE NO PROBLEM WITH THAT. BUT HE THINKS SINCE HE IS GOING WITH THE RULING ON THE MAT. THEY SHOULD NOT ASK FOR THE SUPENSION TO BE DROPPED. THEY HAVE BE CONTACTED BY GHS OFFICALS, AND FANS AND ALL WERE TOLD THE SAME.

I CANT KEEP FROM WONDERING HOW THEY WOULD FEEL IF THE SHOE WAS ON THE OTHER FOOT.

NO ONE WANTS THE WIN TO BE TAKEN AWAY FROM THEIR WRESTLER. JUST LIFT THE SUPENSION. IF THEY DONT REQUEST IT GREENEVILLE REQUEST WILL BE NO GOOD.

IF ANYONE HAS INFLUENCE ON THESE SCHOOL OFFICALS PLEASE TRY AND CHANGE THEIR MIND.

AS I HAVE STATED BEFORE MY GOAL IS NOT TO POINT FINERS OR BAD MOUTH ANYONE. SIMPLY DO WHAT IS BEST FOR THE WRESTLER. FROM THE FEEDBACK I HAVE SEEN YOU ALL SEEM TO AGREE WITH ME.

Since this is resolved for all practical purposes, would you push the "Caps lock" key on your keyboard? It's on the left side just above the shift key. You might want to consider disengaging the "B" feature also.

i agree..i stilld ont understand why any coaching staff or wrestler would want to be like this to such a good wrestler. Suspension for the state tournament that he probably would have placed in...that just pretty much stinks.

I thought this sounded deja vu all over again. The only difference our match was against Clarksville in the championship round of the Clarksville Slamfest, Dec 9, 1995. The score was 11-10 our favor. We were on bottom with very little time left. The Clarksville wreslter threw a crossface across my wrestlers mouth and the referee DQed us for biting. In this case the Clarksville wrestler's Mom said the call was bad, but the call stood. As a matter of fact the situation seems to be exactly the same, video tape, Clarksville wrestler said it did not happen, etc, the mom was the only difference. If I have read this thread correctly the referee who made this call was the same one who made the call against the Greeneville kid.

That was the last match my wrestler, a junior, ever wrestled because he felt he had been treated unfairly. He was humiliated by being DQed and removed from the gym for something he did not do. Nothing I could do or say could get him back.

We ended up losing the Championship to Clarksville 41-23. That call probably did not cost us the meet, but it certainly took the wind out of our sails. I thought it was interesting that it appears the same referee was invoved in both cases.

Three weeks later we came out ahead of Clarksville in the Franklin Dual meet Tournament 41-29.

I didnt realize i was being negative towards the officials sir,but if i was thank you for bringing it to my attention. But...in your opinion (and everyone elses) what do you think the best/most that can be done for Chris this weekend?

Once again,this is charlie letting you guys know that I screwed up when submitting a post. Its kind of hard to know what name you are signed in under when you are bouncing around from computer to computer during class. Yes......I to have learned that Springfield would prefer not to help us in our struggle to regain Bowmans elgibility (for some unknown reason), but that is their decision and theirs alone. I respect it and am not goin to bash them on here for everyone to see, but I can not say that I understand it. If anyone from Springfield High,or anyone with connections there that might have a logical explenation for their reply......PLEASE,do share.

and as for nawdawg's question about rankings,I have been in and out of the state rankings through out the season,and currently seeded 3rd in the region tournament (on account of some poor wrestling on my behalf and tough opponents)

Once again,this is charlie letting you guys know that I screwed up when submitting a post. Its kind of hard to know what name you are signed in under when you are bouncing around from computer to computer during class. Yes......

Charlie, my son (from Bearden) lost to you at GIT last yr for 5th and I've been keeping an eye on you since. He's at 52 this year so won't be running into you. I'm pleased to see that you come off here as being a real gentleman. I'm sorry for what your buddy is going through. Doesn't seem fair. Maybe you and teammates can come up with a gesture of support at Regions. Just don't get yourself in trouble. Speaking of which... you're sure on the computer a lot in the middle of the school day!

Good luck this wknd. Hope to see you on top!