Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1st team:

PG-Johnson

SG-Forney

SF-Wattad

PF-Buchanon

C-Hauldren

Not everyone is at their natural position but thats a tough team.

2nd team:

PG-Throp

SG-Weatherford

SF-Sensabaugh

PF-Harmon

C-Mann

That point guard spot is tough,being a central guy I'm tempted to put Weatherford at point and Hess at SF,or Snapp at point,any of those guys would be deserving,I'm sure I left someone out.

Coach-Charlie Morgan

MVP-I'd say Buchanon,Wattad is amazing,but Buchanon is shooting about 65%,I know alot of those shots are coming from great passes from the other players but that is amazing.It's really a toss up between those 2 in my mind though.

Those teams look pretty good, i don't think there is much you can change on them. as far as the MVP goes, as long as politics don't come into play, i believe Buchanan is the player for it. He has demonstrated all season why he deserves it. a player is only as good as his teammates, but no matter what he always steps up to the task. Wattad is a good player, but i don't think he is mvp of the conference. I believe Forney is Science Hill's key player.

Those teams look pretty good, i don't think there is much you can change on them. as far as the MVP goes, as long as politics don't come into play, i believe Buchanan is the player for it. He has demonstrated all season why he deserves it. a player is only as good as his teammates, but no matter what he always steps up to the task. Wattad is a good player, but i don't think he is mvp of the conference. I believe Forney is Science Hill's key player.

Anyone who doesn't believe Wattad is the best player in this conference, let alone the shhs team. is misinformed. Ask anyone on that team how many open looks they get when wattad is on the floor. Everyone plays better because of him. Buchannan? Everytime he is guarded by Wattad he passes the ball. Wattad is unselfish to a fault. he's averaging 20 a game while shooting under 15 shots a game. btw inside of 15 feet he is shooting 86% this season. Thats better than most guys shoot free throws.

Anyone who doesn't believe Wattad is the best player in this conference, let alone the shhs team. is misinformed. Ask anyone on that team how many open looks they get when wattad is on the floor. Everyone plays better because of him. Buchannan? Everytime he is guarded by Wattad he passes the ball. Wattad is unselfish to a fault. he's averaging 20 a game while shooting under 15 shots a game. btw inside of 15 feet he is shooting 86% this season. Thats better than most guys shoot free throws.

i have watched Wattad, he is not the playmaker Forney is. Wattad is their poster boy but he is not the player everyone makes him out to be. The only reason he scores is because everyone feeds him the ball. I seem to recall when Central came to Science Hill Buchanan showed Wattad up in all aspects of the game, and he does it night in and night out. Buchanan is also leading in many categories in the conference. in my opinion and many other people's opinions, Buchanan should be the MVP, but i'm sure Science Hill will use politics like they always do.

p.s. Buchanan is one of the best team players in the conference.

The MVP traditionally goes to a senior…so I think Omar will get his trophy next year. Therefore I think this year it will be between Buchanan, Johnson, Forney, and Haldren. All of these players are deserving but I think you have to look at last years MVP Tyler Estep. He’s team didn’t finish at the top of the pile last year…but as a coach there was no doubt who you had to stop (or slow down) in order to beat Crocket! I think that’s why he stood out from all of the rest last year (present names included with the exception of Buchanan). I think Buchanan is a fierce competitor but not any better than Weatherford or Hess. What puts him on the list instead of the other two is…if he’s not the leading scorer in the conference he has to be number 2 or 3. I think Hess is the baller…he just doesn’t get enough touches so when he does get the ball he sometime forces the issue and makes bad decisions.

Before you pull out the shotguns…that’s just MY OPPINION!!! I still think Central is the best TEAM in the conference when they’re playing well, but THE HILL is still the team to beat. Don’t count my Vikings out. They played EVERY team close. All but two games they lost were by a 4 point or less margin. Hopefully lady luck has been waiting on the tournaments to visit the Vikings!!!

This is going to be a good one!!!!!!!!!

1st team:

PG-Johnson

SG-Forney

SF-Wattad

PF-Buchanon

C-Hauldren

Not everyone is at their natural position but thats a tough team.

2nd team:

PG-Throp

SG-Weatherford

SF-Sensabaugh

PF-Harmon

C-Mann

Personally Throp and Sensabaugh are doing the best job of leaders this year, look how good they are doing with almost no help and a 1st team player has to have leadership. Dont get me wrong the other 1st team players are good but I can guarantee nobody at this level could gaurd Throp or Sensabaugh

Edited by littlest20

The MVP traditionally goes to a senior…so I think Omar will get his trophy next year. Therefore I think this year it will be between Buchanan, Johnson, Forney, and Haldren. All of these players are deserving but I think you have to look at last years MVP Tyler Estep. He’s team didn’t finish at the top of the pile last year…but as a coach there was no doubt who you had to stop (or slow down) in order to beat Crocket! I think that’s why he stood out from all of the rest last year (present names included with the exception of Buchanan). I think Buchanan is a fierce competitor but not any better than Weatherford or Hess. What puts him on the list instead of the other two is…if he’s not the leading scorer in the conference he has to be number 2 or 3. I think Hess is the baller…he just doesn’t get enough touches so when he does get the ball he sometime forces the issue and makes bad decisions.

Before you pull out the shotguns…that’s just MY OPPINION!!! I still think Central is the best TEAM in the conference when they’re playing well, but THE HILL is still the team to beat. Don’t count my Vikings out. They played EVERY team close. All but two games they lost were by a 4 point or less margin. Hopefully lady luck has been waiting on the tournaments to visit the Vikings!!!

i'm not going to say that Buchanan is that much of a better player than Hess and Weatherford, but I do believe that he is a much more all around player, he can do it all. And i have watched alot of his games this year and the coaches always put the pressure on Buchanan. Johnson, Hauldron, and Forney are all very good players. But I think for all Buchanan has done this year and accomplished he deserves the mvp. Wattad is a good player but I still think Forney is the reason Science Hill has alot of the success that they do. Hess does get alot of touches, more than alot of people on the team, but what you said was right he does make some very bad decisions and tries to force too many shots. He is a good player, but at times it seems like he forgets he has 4 other players out there with him. But i'm not going to take anything away from him he is good. Weatherford just isn't consistant, he will have one good game then 2 or 3 bad ones. and his main thing is his shooting, but he needs to work on shooting under pressure or when a defender is on him tight. He is a good player and a good ball handler, but i believe his defense and rebounding is lacking, as well as his consistency. Hauldron is a good player as well. But night after night Buchanan steps up to the challenge and plays his heart out, he is a competitor to the end, just like the buzzer beater against Twin Springs and the game winning free throw against TN High, those were 2 high pressure situtations and Buchanan stayed cool. I think he is the MVP. As for Wattad getting the MVP next year, we will just have to see what happens next season. But good luck to all of the candidates.

This is going to be a good one!!!!!!!!!

i'm not going to say that Buchanan is that much of a better player than Hess and Weatherford, but I do believe that he is a much more all around player, he can do it all. And i have watched alot of his games this year and the coaches always put the pressure on Buchanan. Johnson, Hauldron, and Forney are all very good players. But I think for all Buchanan has done this year and accomplished he deserves the mvp. Wattad is a good player but I still think Forney is the reason Science Hill has alot of the success that they do. Hess does get alot of touches, more than alot of people on the team, but what you said was right he does make some very bad decisions and tries to force too many shots. He is a good player, but at times it seems like he forgets he has 4 other players out there with him. But i'm not going to take anything away from him he is good. Weatherford just isn't consistant, he will have one good game then 2 or 3 bad ones. and his main thing is his shooting, but he needs to work on shooting under pressure or when a defender is on him tight. He is a good player and a good ball handler, but i believe his defense and rebounding is lacking, as well as his consistency. Hauldron is a good player as well. But night after night Buchanan steps up to the challenge and plays his heart out, he is a competitor to the end, just like the buzzer beater against Twin Springs and the game winning free throw against TN High, those were 2 high pressure situtations and Buchanan stayed cool. I think he is the MVP. As for Wattad getting the MVP next year, we will just have to see what happens next season. But good luck to all of the candidates.

i'm not going to say that Buchanan is that much of a better player than Hess and Weatherford, but I do believe that he is a much more all around player, he can do it all. And i have watched alot of his games this year and the coaches always put the pressure on Buchanan. Johnson, Hauldron, and Forney are all very good players. But I think for all Buchanan has done this year and accomplished he deserves the mvp. Wattad is a good player but I still think Forney is the reason Science Hill has alot of the success that they do. Hess does get alot of touches, more than alot of people on the team, but what you said was right he does make some very bad decisions and tries to force too many shots. He is a good player, but at times it seems like he forgets he has 4 other players out there with him. But i'm not going to take anything away from him he is good. Weatherford just isn't consistant, he will have one good game then 2 or 3 bad ones. and his main thing is his shooting, but he needs to work on shooting under pressure or when a defender is on him tight. He is a good player and a good ball handler, but i believe his defense and rebounding are lacking, as well as his consistency. Hauldron is a good player as well. But night after night Buchanan steps up to the challenge and plays his heart out, he is a competitor to the end, just like the buzzer beater against Twin Springs and the game winning free throw against TN High, those were 2 high pressure situtations and Buchanan stayed cool. I think he is the MVP. As for Wattad getting the MVP next year, we will just have to see what happens next season. But good luck to all of the candidates.

1st team

PG-Johnson

SG-Snapp

SF-Wattad

PF-Buchanan

C-Hauldren

Wattad and Buchanan are #1 and #2 in PPG. Snapp is #3.

I think Snapp shoots the 3 a little better than Forney right now. Forney was hot at the first of the year, but has cooled off.

2nd team

PG-Throp

SG-Weatherford

SF-Forney

PF-Harmon

C-Mann

Honorable mention: Sensabaugh-DB, Depew-Boone, Woodruff-Boone, Ashworth-South, Hess-Central, Cross-East, Carper-Crockett

Coach of the year- toss-up between Morgan at DB and Vaughn at Central.

Morgan at DB because DB was way overlooked this year. Vaughn because Central came up from AA to AAA..

There are going to be at least 4 teams in the conference with 20 wins if they win out- Science Hill, DB, South, Tennessee High.

MVP-Beau Hauldren-I based this pick on the person who I thought was most valuable to his team-not on who the best player is in the conference....Wattad is probably the best all around player in the conference.

I picked Hauldren because nobody has really stopped him all year, and he has no help. Hauldren teammates have saddled him and rode him all year.

Buchanan has help from Weatherford and Hess.

Wattad has help from the other 4 he plays with.

Edited by thecull

I think Snapp shoots the 3 a little better than Forney right now. Forney was hot at the first of the year, but has cooled off.

I picked Hauldren because nobody has really stopped him all year, and he has no help. Hauldren teammates have saddled him and rode him all year.

Buchanan has help from Weatherford and Hess.

Wattad has help from the other 4 he plays with.

Doesn't Beau play with a 6'7 guy who was on the Arby's All-Tourney team this year?!? You picked Beau cause you are a South fan, plain and simple. Beau is a good player but hasn't played on the level that Gabe has this year.

And Issac on first team?!? Come on...Snapp is an honorable mention. He's played well this year but there is no way he is better than Throp, Sensabaugh, Forney or Hess.

Edited by brock20