Big 9 All-Conference Picks

hessforprez

1st team

PG-Johnson

SG-Snapp

SF-Wattad

PF-Buchanan

C-Hauldren

Wattad and Buchanan are #1 and #2 in PPG. Snapp is #3.

I think Snapp shoots the 3 a little better than Forney right now. Forney was hot at the first of the year, but has cooled off.

2nd team

PG-Throp

SG-Weatherford

SF-Forney

PF-Harmon

C-Mann

Honorable mention: Sensabaugh-DB, Depew-Boone, Woodruff-Boone, Ashworth-South, Hess-Central, Cross-East, Carper-Crockett

Coach of the year- toss-up between Morgan at DB and Vaughn at Central.

Morgan at DB because DB was way overlooked this year. Vaughn because Central came up from AA to AAA..

There are going to be at least 4 teams in the conference with 20 wins if they win out- Science Hill, DB, South, Tennessee High.

MVP-Beau Hauldren-I based this pick on the person who I thought was most valuable to his team-not on who the best player is in the conference....Wattad is probably the best all around player in the conference.

I picked Hauldren because nobody has really stopped him all year, and he has no help. Hauldren teammates have saddled him and rode him all year.

Buchanan has help from Weatherford and Hess.

Wattad has help from the other 4 he plays with.

Central could get to the 20 win mark as well...before the season started I told a guy I work with that I believed the Cougars were going to be tough even though they were stepping up in class...and that have proved to be the case, maybe playing the best all-around ball of any team in the league.

As far as all big 9...I'm kind of partial to the Coty Sensabaugh. I have witnessed him single handedly win several games this year. 16 points in the 2nd half against the Toppers including 7 of 8 from the line in the 2nd half. And he owned the 4th quarter in the game at Central. But there are many deserving players in this league. Just my opinion :thumb:

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i'm not going to say that Buchanan is that much of a better player than Hess and Weatherford, but I do believe that he is a much more all around player, he can do it all. And i have watched alot of his games this year and the coaches always put the pressure on Buchanan. Johnson, Hauldron, and Forney are all very good players. But I think for all Buchanan has done this year and accomplished he deserves the mvp. Wattad is a good player but I still think Forney is the reason Science Hill has alot of the success that they do. Hess does get alot of touches, more than alot of people on the team, but what you said was right he does make some very bad decisions and tries to force too many shots. He is a good player, but at times it seems like he forgets he has 4 other players out there with him. But i'm not going to take anything away from him he is good. Weatherford just isn't consistant, he will have one good game then 2 or 3 bad ones. and his main thing is his shooting, but he needs to work on shooting under pressure or when a defender is on him tight. He is a good player and a good ball handler, but i believe his defense and rebounding are lacking, as well as his consistency. Hauldron is a good player as well. But night after night Buchanan steps up to the challenge and plays his heart out, he is a competitor to the end, just like the buzzer beater against Twin Springs and the game winning free throw against TN High, those were 2 high pressure situtations and Buchanan stayed cool. I think he is the MVP. As for Wattad getting the MVP next year, we will just have to see what happens next season. But good luck to all of the candidates.

YOU DONT HAVE A CLUE WHAT YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT..... HESS IS 2nd ON THIS TEAM IN asts. 3rd IN SCORING AND 2nd IN REBOUNDS...... HE HAS NOT SHOT NEAR AS MANY SHOTS AS GABE OR PHIL, THEY ARE THE GO TO PLAYERS AND THERE IS NOTHING WRONG WITH THAT, THEY SHOULD BE. THESE 3 HAVE DONE A GOOD JOB PLAYING TOGETHER IF ONE IS NOT SHOOTING GOOD THE OTHER ONE PICKS IT UP.. YOU ARE A IDIOT YOU JUST NEED TO SHUT YOUR MOUTH.... THIS IS A GOOD TEAM. DO YOU KNOW WHAT TEAM MEANS? HESS GETS PHIL THE BALL FOR A LOT OF GOOD SHOTS AND FEEDS THE BALL INSIDE TO THE POST AND TO GABE FOR LAYUPS, HE HAS DONE THAT ALL YEAR.... AFTER YOU SHUT UP YOU NEED TO WAKE UP....

1st team

PG-Johnson

SG-Buchanan

SF-Wattad

PF- Hauldren

C- Mann

2nd team

PG-Throp

SG-Snapp

SF-Forney

PF-Hess

C- Harmon

Coach-Charley Morgan- Even after losing Logan, Morgan was able to pick his team back up after a VERY disappointing loss to Crockett and a poor showing at Central to win 5 straight...including beating the Conference leader Science Hill.

MVP-DeShaud Johnson

He’s a member of the 1000+ career club. There have only been 4 conference games this season that he has participated in that he hasn’t been the game high score and 3 of those times it was Harmon that was on top (THAT’S AGAINST WATTAD, BUCHANAN, FORNY, HAULDREN, SNAPP, HESS, THROP, SENSABAUGH ) …head to head he’s outscored them all. (PLEASE correct me if I’m wrong).

He leads his team in points, assists, and steals. He’s the only player on his team to score in double digits every conference game. Besides Harmon there’s only one other player on the team to score in double digits in more than 3 games this year.

Johnson has had to wait his turn at THS but he has been a major player in this conference for three straight years…being on the 2nd team all conference for two years and more than likely the 1st team this year.

He will be one of the VERY few to graduate out of this conference this year and make an immediate impact at the next level.

1st team

PG-Johnson

SG-Buchanan

SF-Wattad

PF- Hauldren

C- Mann

2nd team

PG-Throp

SG-Snapp

SF-Forney

PF-Hess

C- Harmon

Coach-Charley Morgan- Even after losing Logan, Morgan was able to pick his team back up after a VERY disappointing loss to Crockett and a poor showing at Central to win 5 straight...including beating the Conference leader Science Hill.

MVP-DeShaud Johnson

He’s a member of the 1000+ career club. There have only been 4 conference games this season that he has participated in that he hasn’t been the game high score and 3 of those times it was Harmon that was on top (THAT’S AGAINST WATTAD, BUCHANAN, FORNY, HAULDREN, SNAPP, HESS, THROP, SENSABAUGH ) …head to head he’s outscored them all. (PLEASE correct me if I’m wrong).

He leads his team in points, assists, and steals. He’s the only player on his team to score in double digits every conference game. Besides Harmon there’s only one other player on the team to score in double digits in more than 3 games this year.

Johnson has had to wait his turn at THS but he has been a major player in this conference for three straight years…being on the 2nd team all conference for two years and more than likely the 1st team this year.

He will be one of the VERY few to graduate out of this conference this year and make an immediate impact at the next level.

He may have scored a few more points than Wattad. Wattad is a member of the 1000p+ club also. Except, Wattad joined the club at the begginging of his junior year. He still has the rest of this year and his senior year to add onto what he already has. When did Dashaud join the club?

He may have scored a few more points than Wattad. Wattad is a member of the 1000p+ club also. Except, Wattad joined the club at the begginging of his junior year. He still has the rest of this year and his senior year to add onto what he already has. When did Dashaud join the club?

Exactly halfway through his senior year. DeShaud lost his freshman year of eligibility in all sports because of transferring from private school to THS. So he did not play sports his first year in high school. Don’t get me wrong…I think Wattad is a great player and is pretty much a shoe-in for next years MVP, but I think he would have to be head and shoulders ahead of the rest of the competition to beat out a senior for MVP in his junior year…and I’m sorry…that’s just not the case. Just as I said before…he will more than likely pick up his trophy next year.

Exactly halfway through his senior year. DeShaud lost his freshman year of eligibility in all sports because of transferring from private school to THS. So he did not play sports his first year in high school. Don’t get me wrong…I think Wattad is a great player and is pretty much a shoe-in for next years MVP, but I think he would have to be head and shoulders ahead of the rest of the competition to beat out a senior for MVP in his junior year…and I’m sorry…that’s just not the case. Just as I said before…he will more than likely pick up his trophy next year.

Where did DeShaud transfer to TN High from? Just curious. In Nashville it usually goes the other way around. Public to Private. The Tri Cities don't really have any Private Schools with great sports though and I would assume that was the reason.

YOU DONT HAVE A CLUE WHAT YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT..... HESS IS 2nd ON THIS TEAM IN asts. 3rd IN SCORING AND 2nd IN REBOUNDS...... HE HAS NOT SHOT NEAR AS MANY SHOTS AS GABE OR PHIL, THEY ARE THE GO TO PLAYERS AND THERE IS NOTHING WRONG WITH THAT, THEY SHOULD BE. THESE 3 HAVE DONE A GOOD JOB PLAYING TOGETHER IF ONE IS NOT SHOOTING GOOD THE OTHER ONE PICKS IT UP.. YOU ARE A IDIOT YOU JUST NEED TO SHUT YOUR MOUTH.... THIS IS A GOOD TEAM. DO YOU KNOW WHAT TEAM MEANS? HESS GETS PHIL THE BALL FOR A LOT OF GOOD SHOTS AND FEEDS THE BALL INSIDE TO THE POST AND TO GABE FOR LAYUPS, HE HAS DONE THAT ALL YEAR.... AFTER YOU SHUT UP YOU NEED TO WAKE UP....

i think you are the one who needs to wake up and watch a game every now and then. i'm not taking anything away from Hess, but he does get his fair share of shots and when he drives he doesn't pass and i have seen him all season look inside to Gabe wide open and look the other way and pass to someone else. Hess is not a bad player, but before you start making comments about what i say you need to sit back and think about what you are talking about. All 5 starters for Central this year have been playing very well and they have all been doing their own part. What everyone on the team needs to remember is that there are players on the court not just one. But yes Gabe, Phil, and Hess do lead the way most of the time, but Dinkle is a very good playmaker and McCoy goes %110 all the time. and i know they are a very good team, i have said that since well before the season started.

Doesn't Beau play with a 6'7 guy who was on the Arby's All-Tourney team this year?!? You picked Beau cause you are a South fan, plain and simple. Beau is a good player but hasn't played on the level that Gabe has this year.

And Issac on first team?!? Come on...Snapp is an honorable mention. He's played well this year but there is no way he is better than Throp, Sensabaugh, Forney or Hess.

I did not know we were debating. I thought this thread was to give an opinion. If you will reread my original post, you will see why I picked Hauldren. I picked the person who is most vaulable to his team, not the best player in the conference.

To be honest with you, the conference is so even in talent, it's pretty hard to pick an all conference team. There are plenty of deserving players. I felt the top 3 scorers in the conference should be on 1st team. Throp, Sensabaugh, Forney and Hess are not in the top 3 according to the Times News.

Making an Arby's All-tourney team only means you played good enough during the tournament to get on the team. I think Asheworth is 6'9". Hauldren is a lot better player than Ashworth. Hauldren shows up day in and day out. Hauldren has over 1000 pts for his career, Ashworth does not.

Edited by thecull

Central could get to the 20 win mark as well...before the season started I told a guy I work with that I believed the Cougars were going to be tough even though they were stepping up in class...and that have proved to be the case, maybe playing the best all-around ball of any team in the league.

As far as all big 9...I'm kind of partial to the Coty Sensabaugh. I have witnessed him single handedly win several games this year. 16 points in the 2nd half against the Toppers including 7 of 8 from the line in the 2nd half. And he owned the 4th quarter in the game at Central. But there are many deserving players in this league. Just my opinion :(

Did not mean to slight Central. I did not know how many regualr season games they had left. Sorry about that. I think Central has the most difficult team to match up with in the Big 9. Coty is a good player, it's really hard to pick a team due to the amount of talent in the conference...it's fun trying to pick one though.