Who will be the top 10 in class A this year

riserfan

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Forrest, Columbia Academy, Summertown, Friendship, Trinity, McKenzie, Lookout Valley, Rockwood, Whitwell, Huntington, in no particular order. I think one of these teams will come home with a State Championship.

IF the schedule posted here on coacht.com for Rockwood is a complete schedule, I don't see the Lady Tigers making it anywhere near the state. 17 total games broken down into 10 district contests and 7 non-district tilts with NO tournaments listed? :thumb:

This a talented group of young girls, but they definitely need to play a tougher schedule, some tournaments, and more games in general to be prepared for any kind of a postseason run.

---rSquared

Don't be surprised to see the Oliver Springs Lady Cats somewhere in the mix in single A this year!!?? They have seasoned travel ball players on this team...... ones that can flat play the game! Look out single A there are some new girls in town!! Can't wait!!

Yes, OS should be the district 4A favorite and be among the top teams in the region. With Jennifer Rather and the return of Megan Morgan, Coach Matt Headden's team should have an advantage in pitching depth that other 4A squads don't.

When they get to regional play however, you can bet that Rockwood and Midway will be much tougher opponents for them to face. One of those three teams could very well advance to Murfreesboro this season, especially since CAK (moved up to AA) is now out of the Single A picture!

---rSquared

Great list of teams. Could you put them in order?

I think I will wait to put them in order until the season starts, but I will say that with the departure of the Nashville privates, this classification should be wide open. The Middle Tennessee squads are always tough so I expect them to be there in the end, and I really like Trinity out of the West with eight starters back from last year. Then again, someone else could surprise everyone, hence why games are played.

I think I will wait to put them in order until the season starts, but I will say that with the departure of the Nashville privates, this classification should be wide open. The Middle Tennessee squads are always tough so I expect them to be there in the end, and I really like Trinity out of the West with eight starters back from last year. Then again, someone else could surprise everyone, hence why games are played.

CA has moved into 11a I am sure that makes the people in 12a happy but it will really make it rough on us in 11a

Just wondering who you guys think will step up in class A this year .

Summertown--3 very strong pitchers--solid at all defensive positions and good hitters. Better than the 2005 team that had wins over the teams that finished second and third in the state tournament, not to mention the 5 wins over a good CA team, who I believe also has a chance of going all the way.