Volunteer Falcon Baseball

baseballplayer9

I know this thread is for the high school team, but I also know many of you keep up with the middle school team. Besides, I am so proud of their effort, I wanted to tell someone. Church Hill lost in the bottom of the 9th to Robinson, 3-2, in the semi-final game of the conference tourney. Those boys battled back from a 2-0 deficit and scored 2 in the 7th to send it to extra innings. They just got drilled by Robinson last week, but they didn't lay down, they fought back. The future looks bright for the Falcon faithful.

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lost another tough one tonight. Lost on a HR in the bottom of 7th. Coach Mac said Coty Reece pitched a great game. We're just like this thread "snakebit". :D

Three big rivalry games the next two days. It's time to play for pride! GO GET "EM BOYS!

GO FALCONS!!!

PS Congrads to the Middle School Panthers. Played a great game Wed. I look forward to being with you guys and the 14 yr old Freshman this summer. Backer and myself feel like we will have a very talented bunch and should make a little noise.

Hope all the underclassmen baseballers will find a place to play this summer because thats how you get better. AABC, Utrip, AAU, Dizzy Dean, it don't matter. Just play competitive baseball because thats what it takes. If any of you guys want to workout this summer, give myself, Backer, Doubleplay 96, Justo, Fleenor or Pitcher99 a call and we'll get together and hit and field a little. Some of us will be at the field just about every day.

2 good w's tonight against Sullivan North. Dylan Christian pitched 7 good innings in the first and Justo came in and threw 5 good relief innings. Falcons win 7-6 in 12 innings on a base hit by Coty Reece. Game 2, ol' #5 (Heath Seal)pitched 5 strong innings and Falcons win 10-0.

Our cross-county rivals, the Cheifs, come calling Saturday night. Come on out and support the guys.

Edited by Falconbaseballbacker

Falcons take it on the chin tonight. Cherokee wins 11-5. They hit the crap out of the ball. We scored 5 in the 1st, then shut it down. Well, let's go to Greene County Monday and try to get it back on track. Tuesday night is Senior Night. All TRUE Falcon Fanatics come out and thank these boys for their dedication to the program.

Whew, Falcons win over West Greene, 16-14 in 9 innings. The guys got some key hits and Fiver came in there and gutted it out for the last 4 innings. They had the bases loaded in the 8th with one out and the score tied at 13. Heath got them to pop out to him and ground out to end the inning. 2 big ones tomorrow. Last time these seniors will play on the home field. Everyone come out and wish them well. Come hungry and eat well.

Edited to congratulate West Greene on their park. I was very impressed with their playing surface and the surrounding area. I like a field with a little character to it. It was a fun place to watch a game.

We won't even talk about the Db game other than the score 18-1. Wow, they are a notch above everyone else.

Senior night. Great win against North Greene, Falcons 12-NG 2. Great way to go out, seniors. Justo pitched very well, defense played great, and the seniors hit the heck out of the ball.

Just wanted to say thanks to all the seniors. It seems like a week or two ago that you guys came to the program and now you are moving on. Before you hang those cleats up for the last time, let's go and get some payback in the tournament. First up, Crockett. We owe them 2. Come out firing Friday and leave it all on the field. We'll be proud of you, win or lose, just give it your all.

The only drawback to the night was the PA system problems. There for an inning or two it sounded like the speaker was in a small concrete room. What was up with that?

Volunteer loses its final game 9-8 to Crockett. Crockett beat us 3 times this year by 1 run. All three games were won in the 7th inning. Volunteer got down 7-0 in the first 2 innings and fought back to tie it in the top of the 7th, just couldn't get over the hump.

I just wanted to say how proud I am of the Seniors. The season started out rough and you guys could have mailed it in after Spring break, but you kept after it and played some pretty good baseball in the second half of the season. It was tough watching you walk off the field for the last time. I've watched most of you play since you were 6 years old, and I think I've coached you all several times. Also, thanks to the coaches for their dedication to these boys. Good luck to the program.

Anthony, you've not always had the easiest road to travel. I've always said, if your body matched your heart and desire for the game, you'd be ten feet tall. Good luck in med school.

Matt Mc., you and I have not always seen eye to eye on everything, but you are a bulldog on the field. Good luck in college.

Corey, you have turned into one of the best defensive catchers in the conference. I'm glad you worked hard and stayed with it. Good luck in college.

Heath, you had a great Senior year! I told your dad that I saw the old look on your face when you took the mound this year. I am proud that I know you. Have a good college career and life.

Coty, I have watched you play almost longer than anyone else. Even though your record didn't show it, you were another one who had a great Senior year. Good luck in pharmacy school.

Matt P, I have been around you for ten years and I'm still not sure I ever heard you speak. You had a fine defensive year in the outfield and made several game-saving catches. Good luck at ETSU.

Brian, what a great time I've had watching you tear up those basepaths. You also had a great career at the plate and in the outfield. One of my best memories is the time you scored from second base on a routine ground ball to the shortstop. No errors on the throws or anything, just blazing speed. I think you were a sophomore. Good luck at King college.

Justo, it hurt me the most seeing you walk off the field for the last time. Our lives have revolved around the game for the last 12 years. I can't think of anything that I enjoy more than watching you play. I know you have the chance to go play in college, please take it. Whatever you decide, I will be behind you.

All the parents of the Seniors are good people who have supported your boys and the program through the years. It seems like a minute ago, these boys were playing tee-ball together, now they are moving into a new phase of life as young men. I know they will make us all proud. Thanks guys.