Collinwood vs Loretto

TrojanSportsFan

I like to make bold posts!!! Hannah can bring it and i'm sure she will tomorrow night. Box score says she put in 29 Friday night and if you have any friends from Summertown ask them who showed up at their gym in early January. I dont mean any disrespect for your girls, they play with heart and I like that, but no one this season has been able to beat Collinwood twice and, although we cant have it back, Collinwood missed enough free throws to double the losing deficit at Loretto earlier in the season. Get off your kester tomorrow night and carry your gal to the game, should be a great show!!!! GO GREEN!!!!!

WAS FRANKS PLAYING FOR SUMMERTOWN WHEN COLLINWOOD SHOWED UP?

I DIDN'T THINK SO!

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Much to the dismay of Lawrence Countians (especially ptguard12) Collinwood takes this game by 12. You are looking at one of the most talented teams in the state when they are all on the same page together. Ray can hang with Cross but can Cross hang with Hannah Daniel? Collinwood comes together in this game and carries it into tournament time. Then hold on! Collinwood fans will not be surprised, apparently everyone else will!!! Abby, Leslie and Brianna get it rolling outside and it could get worse than 12. Come on girls, its time to prove yourselves to all of your doubters, and time to make all of those that believe in you look good!! :ph34r: Go Green!!!

Sorry Thelma, I do not live in Lawrence County. Close, but no. Collinwood could certainly win this game, but in their last matchup it was Loretto's inside game and Collinwood's lack-there-of that eventually done the Trojanettes in with a 7 point loss. Collinwood should probably focus a little more on the upcoming district tournament and a little less on an unimportant game against Loretto, because the girls in green will have more then their hands full in Wayne County this coming weekend.

Collinwood does not have the inside game capable of stopping Cross like many of the other strong 12A schools have. Ray is not fully capable of banging around inside like Weatherly or Franks did with Cross, which will allow Loretto to put more pressure on the outside shots of Andrews and L. Daniels. Also, this game is at Collinwood and the Trojanettes have not played their best ball at home all year long. Loretto by 8.

Responding to this part: Collinwood[/url] does not have the inside game capable of stopping Cross like many of the other strong 12A schools have.

Who was it that was capable of stopping Cross? I haven't seen that done in a game.

Responding to this part: Collinwood[/url] does not have the inside game capable of stopping Cross like many of the other strong 12A schools have.

Who was it that was capable of stopping Cross? I haven't seen that done in a game.

Good point. The point I was trying to make is that Collinwood does not have the inside game capable of counteracting what Cross is going to do. They don't have anyone really tough enough to bang around in the paint with her. H. Daniels will try and has done well against some of the other 12A schools, but she can't do it alone. Ray hasn't proven yet that she is physically or mentally tough enough to bang with the big girls down low. If Collinwood doesn't have someone step up inside, then all the pressure is going to be applied to Collinwood's guards which is where the majority of their points come from.

Seems a lot of us have some anger issues...I think that a win against a team like Loretto would be a great Springboard into the District Tournament for Collinwood. COllinwoods team is the little engine that could and all this negative stuff just makes them more determined...Good Luck to all the teams in the Tournaments...Hopefully someone will bring home the Gold to our little District again. Go Green!

Edited by GreenMonster

Seems a lot of us have some anger issues...I think that a win against a team like Loretto would be a great Springboard into the District Tournament for Collinwood. COllinwoods team is the little engine that could and all this negative stuff just makes them more determined...Good Luck to all the teams in the Tournaments...Hopefully someone will bring home the Gold to our little District again. Go Green!

Preach on Greenmonster! Thats the attitude I like to see. Honestly, people underestimate this team. I'm sure that since I am a fan and know the girls personally it makes me a little partial but I am also a realist and understand when something is worth talking about. This group of girls has some enormous potential and I expect to see that over the next few weeks and the next few seasons! GO GREEN!!!!!