forrest

longhorns_14

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They should be with Minor is pitching but that is all they got really...He cant pitch every game...But Minor can be hit Goodpasture proved that!!!!!! Lets face it Minor is way over rated sometimes, but dont get me wrong he is a very good pitcher in single A...Put him up against a 2A or 3A school and they would have a field day on him...Forrest is to cocky to go far this year.. Good Luck at Vandy tho..

They should be with Minor is pitching but that is all they got really...He cant pitch every game...But Minor can be hit Goodpasture proved that!!!!!! Lets face it Minor is way over rated sometimes, but dont get me wrong he is a very good pitcher in single A...Put him up against a 2A or 3A school and they would have a field day on him...Forrest is to cocky to go far this year.. Good Luck at Vandy tho..

Obviously, you don't know much about high school baseball players. While it's true that Minor plays for single A Forrest during the school season, during the real season (summer teams), he plays for one of the best teams in Tennessee (Brentwood Bulldogs) against teams that are much stronger than any high school teams of any level. In addition to that he represented the State of Tennessee well in pitching for a select team last year at a national competition. And yes Mikie was hit by Goodpasture's State championship team two years ago, but that was after he pitched 10 innings three or four days earlier. Mikie is definitely one of the top three pitchers in the state at any level if not the best. As for Forrest other pitching staff Ben Skelley has signed with Vol State and is an excellent pitcher. Their 3 and four pitchers, middle infield and hitting will determine how much success they have this season. I don't know why you think their cocky, since they have not really started practice yet. Maybe your confusing cocky with confidence.

Forrest's pitching is probably going to be the deepest ever this spring. Lots of talent returning and coming up from Middle School baseball. Ben Skelley is probably one of the best #2 pitchers on any team, all classifications, and is better than most team's #1's. I promise you, any coach in the state would LOVE to have a Mikie Minor on their team. Do not underestimate coach Babe Haridson's Rockets. Cocky is one thing that they won't be. You can't win 'em all, but they'll sure give it a good effort. Looking forward to the opening with Lewisburg mid march. Go Rockets!!!!

I dont know about Ben Skelley being an excellant pitcher.. he has the speed but come on he really didnt have a whole lot of control last year...and Vol State come on anybody can walk on there...and you can ask many people outside of the Chapel Hill community that the baseball team is way to cocky you dont know how your kids act when you are not around them!!! Forrest will be tough in single A with Minor on the hill.. but dont go making excuses when Goodpasture hit Minor.. trust me he will get hit more than that at Vandy next fall...college is a ot different that high school...A smart coach wouldnt have let his star pitcher pitch 10 innings in one game and then throw him again 3 or 4 days later..Not Smart baseball to me... I honestly hope Forrest brings home a state championship this year but dont just count on Minor to get you through the whole state playoffs you have to have more than him to WIN!!Good luck !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I dont know about Ben Skelley being an excellant pitcher.. he has the speed but come on he really didnt have a whole lot of control last year...and Vol State come on anybody can walk on there...and you can ask many people outside of the Chapel Hill community that the baseball team is way to cocky you dont know how your kids act when you are not around them!!! Forrest will be tough in single A with Minor on the hill.. but dont go making excuses when Goodpasture hit Minor.. trust me he will get hit more than that at Vandy next fall...college is a ot different that high school...A smart coach wouldnt have let his star pitcher pitch 10 innings in one game and then throw him again 3 or 4 days later..Not Smart baseball to me... I honestly hope Forrest brings home a state championship this year but dont just count on Minor to get you through the whole state playoffs you have to have more than him to WIN!!Good luck !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't believe anyone is counting on Minor to do the job by himself. If you wanted to see cocky baseball I hope you saw the sub-state game last year at Forrest. It was not coming from the Rocket dugout. Most teenage boys (and girls) can cop an attitude, I raised one of each, and yes I've seen in from all teams. I've been following Rocket baseball for a long time. If these guys continue this season what they felt last season, they will be very successful, and nothing would please me more than to watch them bring home a state championship. You better believe the whole community will be behind them 100%. Ben Skelley is a good pitcher, and I think he will do nothing but get better as this season progresses, as will the other pitchers. I was sitting close to the dugout during the 10 inning game, and Minor really wanted to finish what he started. We were all worried about his arm, but he is a very strong and smart athlete, and I think he knows when enough is enough.

Thanks for the good luck. Any positive comment is always welcome.

To Embaseball... Where are you from anyway?? Minor is a great pitcher and he will lead the team but he will not be alone. Forrest has 8 seniors this year and all will lead the team. And as for Skelley ONLY going to Vol State, going to play at any level higher than high school is a major accomplishment. And if you are putting down juco's some of the best players go to them. I mean where did David Weathers go, what about Bobby Bratton, and Brian Morris are you tryin to say that those three are no good??? You might not have even heard of them before because by reading your posts it doesnt sound like you know much about baseball. By the way where did you sign MR ALL-AMERICAN???

Hey embaseball, you must be down right stupid Minor is overrated what a dumb comment. I watched him this summer mow people down that was getting drafted.And for skeley he is not walking on at vol state he got a full ride but i know that is not good by your standards vandy is not good either. I am starting to wounder if you know anything about baseball cause by some of the things you say on here you could not even be a bat boy for a tee ball team come on man look at what you are saying. Plus who are you to say anything about smart coaching where do you coach at a church softball team.

cornersville #1

Forrest will have a great season. Peyton Pratt is a great addition to the team. They also have a strong nucleus of seniors. Along with Minor and Skelley you also have Jeremy Lamb, Daniel Albarran, Clayton Joyce, Ryan Blake and Josh Haman. Good luck boys and to the rest of the Forrest Rockets.