McMinn Central vs Polk County (Politics)

raiderfanone

I used to think Polk County politics were the worst in the region but I'm beginning to believe McMinn County BOE has them beat. Polk fires a good guy for no apparant reason and McMinn County BOE won't let their school hire a guy, I guess the thing I don't understand is that McMinn BOE just created an assistant superintendant position out of the blue and the Superintendant just signed a two year contract extension, however they can't hire a football coach because they have to hire a vocational spot first. Rumors have began that they might not hire until Summer. Unbelievable, what about spring practice, I also read no coaches there are opening up the weight room, it will take years to recover if they don't do something quick, very quick.

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am beginning to agree, the hold up is not coming from the administration at the high school, but from the central office, you would think the school board would show some cohunna's and step up. Afterall, are they not the ones who control the school systems, they are our elected officials if I'm not mistaken, and unless i'm wrong, Dr. Forgerty is appointed by them. It seems to me the school board needs to step in.

McMinn County BOE does not care about the athletic situation at either high school. the top dogs just worry about themselves.

The board usually doesn't make decisions, they just approve or dissaprove the decisions of administrators. I am sure that they are saying that there is not any teaching spots to bring in a coach.

What I don't understand is why McMinn County will not move teachers around to other schools to open up spots. All contracts to the county is to teach in the county in there respective field. This is common practices at most places. I know this may rub people the wrong way but, teachers/coaches are more important than just teachers, in my humble opinion.

the weight room at central is open 4 days a week and some of the players have a weight training class so the program is going on as usual for now... but they can not have a spring practice without a coach.. but the kids are working out and running monday-thursday..

However the board does have the power to tell the Superintendent to give the go on hiring the coach, the board has more power than we all think, they just don't use it in this county. Most school boards run their systems, just not here.

I am beginning to agree, the hold up is not coming from the administration at the high school, but from the central office, you would think the school board would show some cohunna's and step up. Afterall, are they not the ones who control the school systems, they are our elected officials if I'm not mistaken, and unless i'm wrong, Dr. Forgerty is appointed by them. It seems to me the school board needs to step in.

the weight room at central is open 4 days a week and some of the players have a weight training class so the program is going on as usual for now... but they can not have a spring practice without a coach.. but the kids are working out and running monday-thursday..

Why cant they have spring practice? They still have assistants, don't they? Let them run it.

Why cant they have spring practice? They still have assistants, don't they? Let them run it.

i agree they should have spring practice no matter who the coach is.. but all you could do is work on drills, fundamentals.. and they may not be bad.. but who is to say what offense to run, what defense to run..then what impression would the kids have on the assistants coaches running spring if they are not good enough for the school board to hire them

i agree with you guys 100%.. and that is the plan as of now.. but i just hope they bring someone in because there is alot of young kids talking about not coming to central and the ones that are at central want to leave is they do not have a coach by spring...who ever gets the job will have a nice group of underclassmen to build a progam with..