Best Player in Chattanooga

sball990

First off, Feagens doesn't even play anymore.... he's off smokin Camels in the parking lot... :thumb:

Second of all, splash9, it's almost humorous for you to say that Daniel Tackling doesn't belong in the elite group of Chattanooga area players. Although he may not be the biggest guy in the world, he makes up for it in his speed and overall awareness of the game. Tackling wove in and out of defensive regimes to put up 12 goals last year for an Ooltewah Owls team that competed in a very difficult district, not to mention having a fairly hard schedule. This year, it is expected that along with Emilio Sanchez (who I also consider a premier player in the area), Tackling will head an offensive attack that will be twice as effective as it was last year.

Lastly, my friend splash9, don't throw stones in glass houses... I can only assume you're a local player as well, so before you point someone else's shortcomings (that have absolutely no effect on his game), you might want to evaluate your own.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay Owlsbaseball, you must not have read what I said. I said DT is one of the best sophmores in the city. Maybe the best, I don't know? How is this a put down? Is DT at the same level as Kit Brady or Bach, no. I think Daniel would agree.

As for playing in a tough district, the only competition in the district is Soddy and Red Bank. I know the Owls lost in the playoffs to RB 1-0 and lost a game to Soddy 1-0, so I don't know where the 12 goals came from, but it wasn't tough district competition. You point to his speed and field awareness, but most of the other players listed on this thread have those skills. DT will be an elite HS player, but he is not there yet.

Is DT one of the best 3-4 guys his district - yes

Does Baylor have at least 3 guys better than DT - yes

Does McCallie have at least 2 guys better than DT - yes

Does DT still get knocked off the ball because of his size - yes

Does Gary Tackling get knocked off the ball because of his size - no

Believe it or not, size does matter in soccer.

Look what you're comparing him to... the likes of McCallie and Baylor.... possibly the two top notch schools in the area.I'm well aware of the relevance and you're points are valid. Size does indeed matter, however, it doesn't effect what anyone can do on the field. I can be a 5 foot 2 goalie with a 32 inch vertical jump and be successful. Stats are stats, the kid scored 12 goals (or close to it, somewhere in that area, big deal) and how exactly did he score those? As I mentioned in my previous post, he somehow maneuvered his way through the loaded defenses of PJP, Blackman, and Farragut to score.... if and WHEN Ooltewah wins the district, a lot of credit will be shoved towards DT.

Stats aren't stats. This is something that I continually see from high school soccer. A player from Ooltewah's stats do not carry the same weight as those from some other schools. (ie McCallie and Baylor) Look at Jared Price or David Reaves both good players and had INCREDIBLE high school stats, but were they indeed 25 goals better in a given season than someone from McCallie or Baylor such as Jake Dougher or Patrick Johnson. The answer of course is no. As for Daniel, I have played against him and seen him play since he was probably 5. Very talented player, but his 12 goals is not indicative of him being put on this list. Ooltewah scored 1 goal against their 4 ranked opponents, not to mention being shutout 9 times last season (not so good with a schedule like theirs). I expect that many of Daniel's goals came from there 9 at Chatt Central, there 5 at Walker Valley, or there 3 at Warren County. Just a guess please tell me i am wrong, but even if I am he is no where near a top 5 talent in the area.

1) Bach

2) PJ

3) Kit Brady

4) Fynn Glover

5) Jeremy (Ooltewah)

-Could be some Notre Dame kids, but I am not too familiar with the current team