Lebanon Basketball

LHS_Blue_Devils

It is agreed that for Lebanon to get better they must get some players. My question is why has Coach Dilligard had such a tough time getting players to come out and stay out? You would think with her background as a player at Lebanon and having been a Lady Vol kids would be excited about playing for her, but that doesn't seem to have helped.

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Being a former player at the school and Lady Vol does not mean a whole lot if you do not get the respect of the players, parents, and fans. She may have that respect, but for players to choice Wilson Central and Mt. Juliet over Lebanon there is an issues besides wins and losses. I do not know the case with Dilliguard, but the first season sets a tone for what will happen with a new coach. There is a huge difference from being able to play, and coach. Some can do both, others cannot. But a great coach has to be a great communicator. I do not know enough about Dilliguard except for what I have seen this year, so it would not be fair for me to talk specifically about her. But to me two bad signs are when as the head coach you do not come out for the coach's meeting with the referees and send your assistant coach. Then at the half you spend about 3 or 4 minutes talking to the refs when it would be better spent talking to your team about making good decisions with the ball on offense and not having breakdowns on defense.

But to me two bad signs are when as the head coach you do not come out for the coach's meeting with the referees and send your assistant coach. Then at the half you spend about 3 or 4 minutes talking to the refs when it would be better spent talking to your team about making good decisions with the ball on offense and not having breakdowns on defense.

When did these things occur or is it something that happens on a regular basis? I think it would be kind of tough to judge her harshly on this unless it is something that happens on a regular basis. Coaches can have bad nights and do things that they later regret.

Lebanon hung in and gave a good effort against Siegel, but turnovers again were way too high to give themselves a chance to win. So what happens now? Is there any real pressure to make a change in the coaching staff or do they give Coach Dilligard more time to get it turned around? My guess is that it will be her call as to whether she stays or goes?

Well this created a lot of interest, and some good debate. In three years it looks like Lebanon has been 8-72. Half of those wins coming this year, so marked improvement, and a good showing in the tourney vs Siegel. This situation has more rumors swirling around it than people reading this thread, but I imagine some truth will start to come out soon. That is only fair to the important people in this, the players.

Well this created a lot of interest, and some good debate. In three years it looks like Lebanon has been 8-72. Half of those wins coming this year, so marked improvement, and a good showing in the tourney vs Siegel. This situation has more rumors swirling around it than people reading this thread, but I imagine some truth will start to come out soon. That is only fair to the important people in this, the players.

Do I detect a bit of sarcasm in the marked improvement comment? If I don't then maybe I should? The teams they beat were Hillwood(3-23), Warren County(10-19), and Oakland(5-22) twice. The combined records of those 3 teams was 18-64. The only win among these 3 against a team that had a winning record was a Hall of Fame game win by Warren County against single A Moore County. Five of Warren County's 10 wins were against A and AA schools. :D

When did these things occur or is it something that happens on a regular basis? I think it would be kind of tough to judge her harshly on this unless it is something that happens on a regular basis. Coaches can have bad nights and do things that they later regret.

Because schools seem to be set up differently because of a lot of reasons, do the schools in Wilson have athletic directors?