Lebanon Basketball

LHS_Blue_Devils

Lebanon hung in and gave a good effort against Siegel, but turnovers again were way too high to give themselves a chance to win. So what happens now? Is there any real pressure to make a change in the coaching staff or do they give Coach Dilligard more time to get it turned around? My guess is that it will be her call as to whether she stays or goes?

I think she is a caring person and puts a lot in to Coaching and while the results are not good, her team has improved strangely from the 1, 2, 3 positions but where it looked they would be best and where she would make a difference was at 4 and 5. At the end of the season, those positions did get some better. I think you are right. After sitting behind her bench 3 or 4 times this year, she does communicate. Her players were not able to execute but tried hard. Her body language at the last suggests as your guess.

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Everyone knows how I feel about Warren Co and their coaching situation and I 'll have to say in Lebanon, if she has been there for four years she has had ample time to get a program started and her mark on the team. She has not gotten the talent to stay in Lebanon and obviously no one really wants to play for her(lack of participation). The administration has to step in and let someone else try. She may have the resume' (played there, at UT), but some good players cannot make the switch to coaching even though they know a lot, they can't teach it and communicate it to the girls. If you can't do it in four years, it's time for new blood!

Edited by hoop20

Everyone knows how I feel about Warren Co and their coaching situation and I 'll have to say in Lebanon, if she has been there for four years she has had ample time to get a program started and her mark on the team. She has not gotten the talent to stay in Lebanon and obviously no one really wants to play for her(lack of participation). The administration has to step in and let someone else try. She may have the resume' (played there, at UT), but some good players cannot make the switch to coaching even though they know a lot, they can't teach it and communicate it to the girls. If you can't do it in four years, it's time for new blood!

This was Coach Dilligard's 3rd season. She knows the game well and may end up being an excellent head coach someday, but this was her first head coaching job and I don't know if she was prepared for the situation she inheirited at Lebanon. She had been an assistant at Lebanon for only one season and before that had been an assistant at Austin Peay for at least a couple of years, but I don't know what experience she had prior to that. There is a transition from being an assistant coach to being the head coach that can be difficult to make and I don't think it was an easy transition for her.

I also think there comes a time when there is a point of no return with a coach and you just have to get someone new in to reinvigorate the program because there is such a negative environment related to that coach that it cannot be reversed. From what I have seen and heard concerning Lebanon they may have gotten to that point of no return. That doesn't necessarily mean that the coach won't someday be sucessful, but maybe the current situation just isn't the right fit for her. It will be interesting to see what happens.

Wish her luck and look for new blood.....its time for girls basketball at Lebanon High to get back on track.

Didn't mean to imply she's gone but to second DM's thoughts that its her choice. If you look at whats coming back, at the size, etc. A lot of the rebuilding is over but the refining is still there and she has done the hard lifting, and I am sure that has taken its toll both on her, the parents and the players.

This probably doesn't mean much to many people, but they won 10 games, not 8. I am sure the girls would like the two more wins!

According to the schedules on CoachT for the last 3 seasons they were 2-24, 2-24, and 4-24. Their wins were against Van Buren and Siegel in 03-04, BGA and Blackman in 04-05, and Hillwood, Warren County and Oakland twice this year. Not one of these teams was anywhere close to a winning record. Where are the additional wins that you are talking about? :thumb:

Last year the girls got a win over Hillwood in the McGavock tourney in the first round, which is the same draw they had this year (I think). The schedule on coacht just had them playing McGavock, but they were in that tournament. I drew a blank on the third win of the 2003-2004 season, so I will get back to you on that one.

Not one of these teams was anywhere close to a winning record

I don't remember saying any of their wins were against state contenders or even decent teams for that matter, but to those kids "a win is a win." :thumb:

I don't remember saying any of their wins were against state contenders or even decent teams for that matter, but to those kids "a win is a win." ;)

My point was just that in 3 years one would think that Lebanon should be able to win at least one game against a team with a winning record. However, you are correct that when victories are hard to come by they are all sweet.

You are correct as usual Dark Man -- Dilligard told her team Thursday afternoon she was resigning as head coach after three seasons. This hire will be be a BIG one for the LHS administration.

Who you see as top candidates for this job? Who would be a good person to take this job?

Heard the assistant at Smyrna from Lebanon does not want it, he is said to be looking at the Franklin job.