Lebanon Basketball

LHS_Blue_Devils

One thing we can all be sure of. The choice Athletic Director Benson forwards to Principal Hassler will be a good one. He is as respected as any Athletic Director in Middlle Tennessee. He is definitely an up and comer. I just hope we don't lose him!

I couldn't agree more. The decision is in very capable hands.

Sup, Memaw?

Edited by devildog

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I couldn't agree more. The decision is in very capable hands.

Is he not the AD that chose the previous coach? I think Mr. Hassler will be more involved in the decision than just rubber stamping Mr. Benson's choice. Hassler has a coaching background himself and I would think he will be pretty involved in the selection process.

Is he not the AD that chose the previous coach? I think Mr. Hassler will be more involved in the decision than just rubber stamping Mr. Benson's choice. Hassler has a coaching background himself and I would think he will be pretty involved in the selection process.

I'm sure Mr. Hassler will be involved in the process, as he should be. I assume that Mr. Benson will do the dirty work and they, together, will hire the best person for the job. If I remember correctly, Kip Puryear was the principal when the Dillegard was chosen. I don't know the circumstances surrounding her hiring but I think it is safe to say that Mr. Puryear's input would have been disruptive at best.

I believe Rochone Dilligard and Steve Edmonson (both Lebanon assistants) were the only qualified applicants. The choice was between those two. Either probably seemed good based on their credentials. Rochone was a former player, UT graduate, college assistant and Lebanon assistant under Barbara Hallums. She was a logical choice. Sometimes things just don't work out. I don't think anyone could have seen this coming.

I believe Rochone Dilligard and Steve Edmonson (both Lebanon assistants) were the only qualified applicants. The choice was between those two. Either probably seemed good based on their credentials. Rochone was a former player, UT graduate, college assistant and Lebanon assistant under Barbara Hallums. She was a logical choice. Sometimes things just don't work out. I don't think anyone could have seen this coming.

Interesting post. The way I read it you were very precise in your wording. I believe that was the way it was done. What might be a question is why were there only two and were there other qualified that for some other reason could not be considered? Why would not assistants be the logical choices? They should be. The "I don't think anyone could have seen this coming" is an interesting statement and if you would consider the events leading up to receiving the resignation, at the end of this year and it has happened for the past two years, if you were in charge what would have done? This is no reflection on Coach D. but this is not a one person operation or should not be so. Sounds to me like there is a huge amount of people interested in the success of this school and people volunteering all over the place. Isn't that a healthy situation for a school and is one that is destined for success. Sixteen applicants and rising seems a good ratio to find a good person and qualified Gender possibilities is not a problem if every other thing is right. Sounds to me its a problem with possible solutions and just waiting on a solution. But how did the qualified assistants fall thru in this case. This seems to be a management situation or a learning experience. Whoever accepts this position has a lot of work to do. The decision needs to be made instead of a nationwide search.u

Groovy is talking about Anna Sharpe. I can't imagine that she would be remotely interested in lieu of the recent success at Mt. Juliet. You would have to be crazy to walk away from that and go to Lebanon.

Commander1, you have always sounded connected and a mover and shaker and someone who has his finger on the public. Sounds like a prospect but may not be an applicant. If this is the right situation and the right person,..............

Not sure on the Mississippi mystery man, but I doubt the S.T. person you mentioned earlier would factor, provided it is the same S.T. that I am thinking of. Who knows...

You are right about him being a non factor.......Coach Thompson will not leave Mississippi with all the talent there and he is not a girls coach.....but he was asked to apply by a former girls coach and a former board chairman.....I can say he no longer harbors any ill will towards LHS.

Hey Saints....geez!.....relax. Just a good natured jab at the blue and white; or would that be the black and blue and white? You guys will get a coach, have a new school in three or four years that will be great for the boys program! :lol:

Oh, I did hear from someone who knows someone who has a cousin from somewhere who talked to this person who has a friend who knows the situation and they said.....no. ;)

You are right about him being a non factor.......Coach Thompson will not leave Mississippi with all the talent there and he is not a girls coach.....but he was asked to apply by a former girls coach and a former board chairman.....I can say he no longer harbors any ill will towards LHS.

Why would he harbor ill-will towards LHS? Isn't this the same guy that once got caught using a fake teachers certificate? You can't seriously believe that he would ever be hired again in Wilson County. What success has he ever had other being hired and run out of about 15 different school systems? He is truly a legend in his own mind.

Why would he harbor ill-will towards LHS? Isn't this the same guy that once got caught using a fake teachers certificate? You can't seriously believe that he would ever be hired again in Wilson County. What success has he ever had other being hired and run out of about 15 different school systems? He is truly a legend in his own mind.

Oh.....that guy! I now who you are talking about. If this is the guy from Mississippi everyone is talking about, then they need to check into the Betty Ford Clinic for treatment. I agree there is no way this guy could ever get his foot back into the state of Tennessee, much less Wilson Co.

His posts have ripped Lebanon throughout the years and now he thinks he can say forgive and forget? I surely don't think so. It is a shame, too, because he has a really nice family here.

Good Luck Lebanon......its always tough to replace a legend as has been seen with this program but hopefully a fresh young coach can take over someone who can be there for awhile becasue it will take a while

I don't know if this is a job well suited to a young coach. This is going to be a job that requires patience and that is not always an area that is strong among young coaches. It will require someone knowing what they want to do and knowing how to get there, while being able to control their emotions when there are trials and frustrations that will no doubt come along the way. This is not to say that there are not any young coaches that have these qualities, but they are rarer in younger coaches that are in a hurry to prove themselves.