lanxter and sykes

ILuvsports

are you forgetting about patrick turner,goodpasture madison, tn?

Just a question, how is Lanxter getting recruited? Kid weighs a buck 25, and although fast, he wasn't necessarily as fast as the tops in BC last year. I'm not necessarily doubting him, he's a great young player. But last year, if you were to take away Brandon Warren, Alcoa would be hurting. Lindsey? Again, you'll be hurting. Lanxter? Well...Just my two cents. He needs to hit the weight room.

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just a question, how is Lanxter getting recruited? Kid weighs a buck 25, and although fast, he wasn't necessarily as fast as the tops in BC last year. I'm not necessarily doubting him, he's a great young player. But last year, if you were to take away Brandon Warren, Alcoa would be hurting. Lindsey? Again, you'll be hurting. Lanxter? Well...Just my two cents. He needs to hit the weight room.

well alcoa played the final 2 games without warren and lanxter finished with td's catches in each game and over 100yds against tyner and they scored 34 and 55 points so i doubt they were hurting. lanxter is about 6'3" 175 pounds and is not bad in the weight room, he is benching over 200 right now and has a pretty good power clean and squat also. Keep in mind that when you are talking about high school football you are seeing linebackers that are between 185-200 pounds with db's anywhere from 160-180 pounds. Bret Smith reported to ut and 6'3" 175 and briscoe last season at 170 so he will be okay. Hes only a junior and he still has two off-seasons and even a red-shirt year if needed. And no he wasnt the fastest in bc but walker, maples werent that far ahead of him although they were faster. And keep in mind football speed is a lot different than track speed. Nobody has been able to catch him on the football field for the last 2 years. 18tds as a soph. and 16 tds last season, and over 25 ypc in both years. Remember that dustin is only a 4.65 guy and he was never caught from behind either. Im pretty close to some people on the alcoa staff so thats where im getting my info from.

well alcoa played the final 2 games without warren and lanxter finished with td's catches in each game and over 100yds against tyner and they scored 34 and 55 points so i doubt they were hurting. lanxter is about 6'3" 175 pounds and is not bad in the weight room, he is benching over 200 right now and has a pretty good power clean and squat also. Keep in mind that when you are talking about high school football you are seeing linebackers that are between 185-200 pounds with db's anywhere from 160-180 pounds. Bret Smith reported to ut and 6'3" 175 and briscoe last season at 170 so he will be okay. Hes only a junior and he still has two off-seasons and even a red-shirt year if needed. And no he wasnt the fastest in bc but walker, maples werent that far ahead of him although they were faster. And keep in mind football speed is a lot different than track speed. Nobody has been able to catch him on the football field for the last 2 years. 18tds as a soph. and 16 tds last season, and over 25 ypc in both years. Remember that dustin is only a 4.65 guy and he was never caught from behind either. Im pretty close to some people on the alcoa staff so thats where im getting my info from.

u seen what happened when they played someone from even 4-A lol Maples, Tallent, and Baker beasted them without the florida state criminal signee...but they had quacker in the backfield...which pretty much got shut down. if u ask me warren wont play til his senior year, quack wont playtil he passes special education.

u seen what happened when they played someone from even 4-A lol Maples, Tallent, and Baker beasted them without the florida state criminal signee...but they had quacker in the backfield...which pretty much got shut down. if u ask me warren wont play til his senior year, quack wont playtil he passes special education.

WOW

Classless, but then again it's easy to get on here and talk about people while you are hiding behind a keyboard. Sound to me like some talentless person who's upset that they couldn't get a scholarship to Florida State or Tennessee.

Post number 2 huh...... Really not good to discuss HS kids in an adverse fashion on a public forum. Let me continue to say that his post is classless and uncalled for. Mods need to erase this post and possible the privileges of the poster.