7AA All-District

South

I find it interesting that a statement like that can be made about a coach, just because you may disagree with her choices. Take into account how much she may have gotten to view certain players during the season. Furthermore, if you are unaware of the circumstances and are basing your comment on secondhand information then you may have it all wrong. I find it even more interesting that the 2 coaches with the top records were counting the ballots and when the decisions were made all of their players were in their appropriate standings as they had wished. Maybe Dekalb's coach was ignorant of the facts but I do not believe she would have done it out of context, since I noticed not a single of her ladies made it onto any of the district teams. How can someone who is 0 and 12 in the district single out one team or player. Chalk it up to learning how things work, accept that there is a learning curve for new coaches and stop expecting miracles from mere mortals.

If you leave off last years MVP and another player who was 1st team on every other coaches ballot something is wrong. Not expecting miracles just obvious picks. It is her job to know the district. Especially when it is pointed out to you. You owe it to these players.

I don't think she did it out of spite, but not knowing players is not an excuse either. Just as ignorance of the law...

I also think someone other than coaches should be counting the ballots as well.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We are getting closer, keep feeding us those microbites before we starve to death, who was left off and how or why did it happen. Why is it just this one coaches fault. I am almost 100% sure no one knows what the heck is being discussed or is going on. But if it is Dekalb, you can bet that it will not be done the right way, and it will be 100% backed.

We are getting closer, keep feeding us those microbites before we starve to death, who was left off and how or why did it happen. Why is it just this one coaches fault. I am almost 100% sure no one knows what the heck is being discussed or is going on. But if it is Dekalb, you can bet that it will not be done the right way, and it will be 100% backed.

It is dekalb. 1 coach leaving players off a ballot can make a potential MVP a 2nd teamer, and a 1st team player a 2nd or 3rd team selection. It wasn't backed by the rest of the coaches. That is why they redid the voting process. To some what balance the voting out. Any way people should be held accountable for what they do.

It is dekalb. 1 coach leaving players off a ballot can make a potential MVP a 2nd teamer, and a 1st team player a 2nd or 3rd team selection. It wasn't backed by the rest of the coaches. That is why they redid the voting process. To some what balance the voting out. Any way people should be held accountable for what they do.

I agree with that sort of thought but if you are getting beat by most of the teams early in your games do you ever get a chance to evaluate the players thoroghly team to team. We all can see the stats but does that reflect how someone may have done against you on the night you faced them? My other question is if an impartial ballot total was performed would this even be a question or controversy. The ballot counters were concerned because they had a personal interest in the end result. But does this even help, because isn't there an interesting event with the MVP voting for the men that no one seems to be overly concerned about or sees it as a controversial topic? But I am sure that the controversy should end now since the coach and her team were dismissed in the first round after their loss to LA. I did find it interesting sitting in the stands and I noticed that not one of her players received an award when the other teams boasted 3-4 players during the award ceremonies prior to each game. Hopefully, lesson learned by all involved and I wish her better luck next year.

Edited by bonedoc

If you leave off last years MVP and another player who was 1st team on every other coaches ballot something is wrong. Not expecting miracles just obvious picks. It is her job to know the district. Especially when it is pointed out to you. You owe it to these players.

I don't think she did it out of spite, but not knowing players is not an excuse either. Just as ignorance of the law...

I also think someone other than coaches should be counting the ballots as well.

What is the stigma with Dekalb? I can't quit figure it out. This program has won what 10 or so games in the last 4-5 years. Why are they now such a hot topic. I knew the new coach caught some flack from the public when she was hired, but sometimes the discussions seem like she took a winning program and flushed it down the toilet. Is it her or sour grapes on some folks part? On the balloting issue, I don't know what happened but I bet after this she will be the most prepared voter next year, or at least I hope. Also, last years co-mvps were both top 3 picks on this coaches ballot the other who knows what the answer is. I agree that it is the coaches job to know her district and hope that the appropriate steps are taken in the future to avoid this type of event in the future.

Edited by bonedoc

1st team

Chelsea Taylor-UHS

Jennifer Maynard-UHS

Ashley Matthews-LA

Haily Mullins-LA

Monica Hembree-SCHS

2nd team

Lashay Davis-UHS

Megan Simmons-UHS

Tara Sleeper-SCHS

Lana Spry-CCHS

Holly Comptom-MCHS

3rd team

Allison West-LA

Jada Ledbetter-LA

Mallie Stephens-LA

Kelsea McDaniel-UHS

Kaitlin Gregory-SCHS

Jessica Massey-SCHS

MVP Brandi Brown-York

I believe this is correct, if I made a mistake please correct me. Congrats to all girls, this is something to be extremely proud of.