David Lipscomb Boys?

BBallsupporter

The Lipscomb Mustangs rode into Springfield tonight and defeated a very solid Cleveland team 50-35 in the lower half bracket semifinal game. Lipscomb entered the game 17-2 on the season while Cleveland came in on a 36 game winning streak that covers two years. :lol:

Lipscomb started hot in the first quarter and took a 9-2 lead to begin the game. Hot shooting, strong defense and a great game plan by the coaching staff allowed the Mustangs to lead 32-18 at the half. Cleveland came out of the locker room and cut the lead to 10 points in the third quarter, but were not able to get any closer down the stretch.

With solid coaching and a team that believes in each other, this group of Mustangs is ready for another week of practice in anticipation for the State Championship game next Saturday.

Edited by stampede

The Lipscomb Mustangs rode into Springfield tonight and defeated a very solid Cleveland team 50-35 in the lower half bracket semifinal game. Lipscomb entered the game 17-2 on the season while Cleveland came in on a 36 game winning streak that covers two years. :lol:

Lipscomb started hot in the first quarter and took a 9-2 lead to begin the game. Hot shooting, strong defense and a great game plan by the coaching staff allowed the Mustangs to lead 32-18 at the half. Cleveland came out of the locker room and cut the lead to 10 points in the third quarter, but were not able to get any closer down the stretch.

With solid coaching and a team that believes in each other, this group of Mustangs is ready for another week of practice in anticipation for the State Championship game next Saturday.

Are you kidding??? Most games were cancelled and THEY PLAYED THIS GAME? I'm shocked they played and kind of shocked by the score (I can't BELIEVE I missed it!). DL is good, though. The only thing left is to crown them champions. Cleveland must've been been cold. I thought they would've scored more than 35.

Congratulations to an outstanding TEAM. I've seen them one time and was VERY impressed...with the whole package. Good luck next week.

Question for Lipscomb Fans who are the best players you have faced this year? All we have heard about is how good Clevland is and you guys beat them by 15. Since your team is in the finals who are the best 8th graders you have seen. Feel free to include any Lipscomb players who should be on the list.

as a lipscomb player i would like to say that mba has a team who is very athletic and farely large. we have lost 2 games this season to them and they are a very competitve team. we are looking forward with a championship against them but we are ready for anything.

as a lipscomb player i would like to say that mba has a team who is very athletic and farely large. we have lost 2 games this season to them and they are a very competitve team. we are looking forward with a championship against them but we are ready for anything.

I would love to see the TMSSAA take these tournaments one step further and let the 3 sectionals play each other. Its a shame that someone cant take absolute bragging rights. I know the East has some tough teams and would assume that the West does also.

The Lipscomb Mustangs rode into Springfield tonight and defeated a very solid Cleveland team 50-35 in the lower half bracket semifinal game. Lipscomb entered the game 17-2 on the season while Cleveland came in on a 36 game winning streak that covers two years. :)

Congratulations to David Lipscomb Middle. That was a big win. Good luck in the finals.

It is game day!! The state championship game awaits tonight at 7:30 p.m. at the Civic Center. Get your game face on Mustangs! The purple and gold clad Mustang Nation will be out in force tonight in Springfield to watch this special team of players, managers and coaches.

When you are preparing for the game and as you take the floor, remember these words:

Ability is what you're capable of doing.

Motivation determines what you do.

Attitude determines how well you do it.

Go 'stangs!! Bring the championship back home tonight!