Temple over South Pitt

PBG030

Finally Temple picked it up and played a good game. Nothing against my boys. They just haven't been playing to their full ability. Last night, they played well.

South Pitt is a good team.Props to them on a well-played game.

Question for those out there.Last night South Pitt had the ball and the ref got in the way causing the player to lose the ball and a temple player received the loose ball. The ref did nothing. I mean, I am glad that we got the ball back, but is there not a rule about that. Shouldn't SP gotten the ball back?

I bring this up because those refs were terrible.They were making bogues calls for both teams.

Overall, the game was a good one. SP trailed big at times, but managed to come back being down by 6 at one point. Good win for Temple. Congrats to Antonio Robinson on a great senior season.Good luck to both teams in each of their district's tournament.

I'm not talking about that one, but the one you are talking about with the offensive foul, that is new. there is no bonus shots on an offensive foul, that is why the call was turned over.

that comment is not totally true...there are no bonus shots on just a player control foul, there can still be bonus shots on an offensive foul tho...but im sure the one you are talking about was a charge, just thought i'd throw that out there

What happened was it was a moving screen or a charge, but it was off of a screen. The player who got ran over on the foul got to shoot free throws. He made his first one that made the score 66 to 61 and then the refs talked something over by possibly being persuaded by Temple's coach and they took away South Pittsburg's points and just gave them the ball, and that was the end of South Pittsburg's run.

What happened was it was a moving screen or a charge, but it was off of a screen. The player who got ran over on the foul got to shoot free throws. He made his first one that made the score 66 to 61 and then the refs talked something over by possibly being persuaded by Temple's coach and they took away South Pittsburg's points and just gave them the ball, and that was the end of South Pittsburg's run.

The reason that south pitt didn't get to shoot the free throws is the new rule this year. The new rule is that if you commit an offensive foul when you are in possession of the ball, the defensive team only gains possession of the ball no shots are allowed. its the same as the college rule. Temple's coach knew the rule and asked the refs to enforce it. Soth Pittsburg's coach didn't argue because he knew it was the right call. it's a shame when the coaches know the rules better than the officials. Good call by Temple's coach

The reason that south pitt didn't get to shoot the free throws is the new rule this year. The new rule is that if you commit an offensive foul when you are in possession of the ball, the defensive team only gains possession of the ball no shots are allowed. its the same as the college rule. Temple's coach knew the rule and asked the refs to enforce it. Soth Pittsburg's coach didn't argue because he knew it was the right call. it's a shame when the coaches know the rules better than the officials. Good call by Temple's coach

But they had already put the player on the line and allowed him to shoot the first free throw so I don't think they should have been able to change that. Now if he never shot the free throw then it would have been alright, but they had already put the point on the board and it was over.

that comment is not totally true...there are no bonus shots on just a player control foul, there can still be bonus shots on an offensive foul tho...but im sure the one you are talking about was a charge, just thought i'd throw that out there

Wrong. They made the rule change this year. No offensive fouls result in bonus shots.