Champs?

Past30

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It was on TV here in Chattanooga, they switched back and forth between D1 and D2 so all I can give is what I saw....

D1

103- Randolph(Bradley)

112-Johnson(Mun.)

119-Adamson(ND) close match

125-Usary(SH)

130-Bundy(Hend.)

135-Fuller(SD)

140-?

145-?

152-Wright (Hou.) Wright was very dominate on his feet Spain really did little to no real offense.....

160- Creagan (Bradley) Very close match Tolbert dominates first two periods gives it up in third.... 8-6

171-Can't remember this match but I think it was Roberson(SD) but not sure...

189-Morgan (Union Co.)

215- Reveiz (Farr.) very close match could have gone either way...

275- Vandergriff (K. Halls) another close one Sivley couldn't do much Vandergriff was too big....

D2 - not sure on a lot of these not a big D2 fan-

103-?

112-Whitaker (Bay)

119-?

125- Johnson (Bay)

130-Young (McCallie)

135- Manson (Bay)

140- Young (McCallie) CLOSE MATCH.... very close

145-Doster (Bay) another close one Goss could have won it just as easy...

152- Waddell (Bay) No contest...

160-?

171-?

189- Walker (Bay) Dominated.... PINNED

215- Coffey (JPJ)

275-?

Don't know the MOW but I would have went with Bundy or Usary in D1 and in D2 Walker, Manson, Waddell all could easily take it....

Team Champs-

D1

1st Soddy Daisy

2nd Bradley Central

3rd Notre Dame

D2 not sure on second and third

1st Baylor - BY A LOT

2nd either McCallie or MBA I know MBA was up by about ten or so half way through the finals not sure how it turned out....

what was the final scores in 119 finals and 130 finals?

119 went in to overtime. great match. mang came back in the third taking him down and letting him up multiple times. i believe he was down by four prior to third. not sure. then adamson won in overtime. it was a great match, but now i am a definite fan of david mang.

130 not sure. five maybe.

Congratulations to all of the boys. State was exciting to watch!

to the best of my memory

D1

103-Randolph dec. Noman 3-2

112-Johnson fall Jadoobirsingh

119-Adamson dec Mang 9-7OT

125-Usury dec Pair 5-0

130-Bundy dec Withrow 6-0

135-Fuller dec Rawn 13-5 or somethin like that

140-Holliman dec Abrigo 13-7 or somethin like that

145-Felix fall Scott (Felix built a 11-3 lead and then pinned in the 1st, i think deserves MOW)

152-Wright dec Spain 5-3

160-Creagan dec Tolbert 8-6

171-Roberson dec Hall 3-1OT

189-Bourland dec Morgan

215-Reveiz dec Lettner 5-2

275-Vandergriff dec Sivley 6-5

Edited by coachtforums

Jay Adamson, Notre Dame phenom, finishes the season undeated! Two time state champ. One in division I and one in division II. Absolutely awesome - and, he's only a junior.

We're proud of you Jay!!!

I hope my ND friends liked the bracket my NY friend got fot them :lol:

Congrats and lots more to come it appears!!

Well we didn't get the gold, but we gave Kellan and others a tough match and won a few...

I'm proud of my Spence for getting there, and two more coming up!! 13 year old - 70 lbs. and another 11 and same weight. Hopefully the rumors of our middle school are false and coach Garner can continue to work with them.

Thanks Coach Gonyea, Angelo and Bobby & others for all of the hard work and sacrafice. Thanks to my wife and family for all of the sacrafice,,, so far.

Soms

Edited by Sommers

215- Reveiz (Farr.) very close match could have gone either way...

275- Vandergriff (K. Halls) another close one Sivley couldn't do much Vandergriff was too big....

The best 215 match was Merrideth vs Reviez.

In person these were not close.

Reviez controled his match and did all the work. I think I saw the SD wrestler shoot one time. They used the same plan at the SD Tourney. "Don't wrestle against Reviez look for the double leg shoot, underhook and hope to win in the final round with an escape."

IMO- the SD coaching sttaff is one of the best in the State, I have enjoyed watching them over the years produce great Champs.

However, Cutting Reviez with that much time on the clock when ther kid had not scored on Reviez in 2 matches wasn't the best coaching move I've seen in a while.

I guess they were counting on stalling calls.

The Vandergriff match was exciting. The Bradley kid went after Big John. Something that did not hapeen in the 215 match. I understand 1 stalling call but not 2.

not sure if correct i believe nic bundy is 50-0 on the season by winning his 125 lb. state title

BEST MATCH

119 lb Championship

Jay Adamson (ND) vs. David Mang (Brad)

BEST WRESTLER

145 lb Champion

Kelly Felix, Franklin.....i guess he won best wrestler cause he pinned his guyin the first period in the finals; 1:41 was the time

Edited by ut18vols