LA vs. York, 2nd Round 7AA Tournament

Wildcats#1

Do you remember how they beat LA? It was not Brown that beat LA, it was a freshman on York's team. #20, she was open the entire game.

Yes, I do.

Matthews (A point guard that can score) was not put in 'til it was too late. She sparked the late comeback attempt. :D

I am sorry, but I think 2 of those 4 seniors on LA's team were playing on their AAU press clippings. :D

Edited by jimbo44

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have you watched LA play York this year? Alison West Most Valuable Defensive Player in District 7AA this year has done an awesome job stopping Brown. Therefore they do not need to double team Brown like they did last year in the tournament and leave people open. There will be no one open tomorrow night like there was last year. LA has improved so much since last year. You will see tomorrow night.

GO LA ALL THE WAY :)

Yes, I have watched them play several times this year. They are doing great. They have a fantastic coach. I have also seen Brown play. I do not think there is any team in 7AA that has one individual player that can stop her. Do not let your heart think for you. She is a great player. I have only been in this area about five years so I do not know if there has ever been any one better than her.

Go York. You've beat LA before, and you can do it again. Anything can happen during this tournament. It's crazy! Girls, if they cover Brandi, take some shots of your own. Tater, you're shooting good, and so are you, Molly. Katy and Hannah, you two are doing great on the defense. All you Lady Dragons, just keep doin what you're doin. I'm so proud of you for makin it past the first round. Keep up the hard work! Good luck tomorrow! Beat Hogeye!!!! Dragonettes win this one. :thumb:

yes la will have to double and triple brown.if not she will kill them.so if the york girls take and hit from the outside they win.

yes la will have to double and triple brown.if not she will kill them.so if the york girls take and hit from the outside they win.

LA hasn't had to double and triple team Brown like they did last year this year because of Alison West. They use help side defense some on Brown and it has worked well. Alison West just needs to keep out of foul trouble so she can stay in the game and stop Brown. LA is not going to leave people open outside this year like they did last year. LA girls are really determined and I think they will go far this year.

GO LA ALL THE WAY :thumb:

Edited by Wildcats#1

Is this game still on tonight? I wasn't sure because of the weather.

They should continue the tournament even with the weather. They usually do. I think this will be an espn instant classic due to the meetings this year between the two teams but when it is all said and done it comes down to coaching. The Livingston coaching staff will be up to the challenge and LA will win it down the stretch. Lets go Lady Wildcats and good luck the rest of the way. ;)

Half Time Score

Livingston Academy 19

York 21

1st Half Stats

York is been lead by Brandi Brown with 9 points

Fouls for York

Brown with 2

Shingleton with 2

Tompkins with 1

Tate with 1

Scoring for Livingston

Matthews 6 points