What does it take to take Down a Mighty Bear?

MasterBlaster 1

No kudos to Blaster. It takes some audacity to insult the fans and coaches of both the number one and two teams in the state, especially the number one.

Both teams are abundant with amazing athletes and kids. Kudos to them and all the other boys with hearts of gold!

How did I insult Bradley?

And Letner did cut Reviez to give him 1 point. From the Knox Press.

"Reveiz went ahead 2-1 with a takedown with 1:09 left in the second period, and escaped from the bottom to start the third to lead 3-2. He scored his last takedown in the final seconds by countering a desperation headlock throw by Lettner."

Rabbit-Now if you want to talk about our coaches during the lettner match. im prety sure we took 4 shots to reviez's 1 shot. we got zero stalling calls to reviez's 1. we did not cut him in third, we tried to crotch lift him. im not sure what match you are watching when say all we do is stall, but it wasnt the D1 215 match.

Everyone knows you have one of the best programs in the state enough about that. The plan for the 215 match was the same boring plan as in the 1st match. The only time Letner did anything was when he was behind.

Again not insulting anyones program just giving some credit to the other programs. Get over yourself.

Edited by MasterBlaster 1

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im 100% positive that we did not cut him....we optional started and tried to crotch lift him. reviez took one shot in the entire match, is that alot of action?? they are 215 pound guys, its not going to be like a 125 pound match. when there are 2 evenly matched guys at 215, you normally dont see alot of action. im glad you are on the coaching staff at Soddy Daisy and you know what our plan was for the match.

:thumb:

Im 100% positive that we did not cut him....we optional started and tried to crotch lift him. reviez took one shot in the entire match, is that alot of action?? they are 215 pound guys, its not going to be like a 125 pound match. when there are 2 evenly matched guys at 215, you normally dont see alot of action. im glad you are on the coaching staff at Soddy Daisy and you know what our plan was for the match.

Rabbit- I apologize if my first post was taken as trashing SD. It was not meant in that way. I have enjoyed wrestling against the SD program since we lived in Chatt in 1995.

I will not apologize about the Letner comments. They are the same thing I heard from folks for weeks. Letner deserved to be in the finals but I wished he had wrestled, as he is capable. He might have got pined or pined Reviez who will know. BTW- I could have swore I saw Letner show the ref he was going to cut him.

I look forward to watching him next year and see what he can really do.

They are big boys but it was obvious from the first match at SD that the plan was not to wrestle Reviez. That's fine it's a plan. What else could you do. Everyone else who went after him was pined in the first round. :P I'm sure the SD coaches were counting on stalling calls. The one that was called was a joke.

Congrats to the new Champions.

you are funny Blaster. You know everything about wrestling. I hear they are comparing you to Dan Gable. Congrats to Nick on his state championship.

Yeah, thats because I'm 4 X Coach Gable's size :thumb:

Congrats to your great program.

Is any of the Turner Clan over there from the Valley?

<<Rabbit-Now if you want to talk about our coaches during the lettner match. im prety sure we took 4 shots to reviez's 1 shot. we got zero stalling calls to reviez's 1. we did not cut him in third, we tried to crotch lift him. im not sure what match you are watching when say all we do is stall, but it wasnt the D1 215 match.>>

I don't want to butt in on anyone's fight BUT ............

I went back and watched the 215 match again. First period was all throw attempts with a couple of half-hearted shots by Reviez.

Lettner gets an escape to start the second. 1-0

Reviez gets a takedown on a double leg and bearhug. 2-1.

Lettner gets an escape for 2-2

At the start of the third Lettner shows the ref the cut signal and places his hands on Reviez's back in the same matter. Once Reviez moves Lettner does make a grap for Reviez. 3-2

Lettner makes what I see as his first shot with 58 seconds to go.

Reviez gets a stalling warning with 35 seconds to go.

Lettner takes his second shot with 16 seconds to go.

Lettner tries a throw with 5 seconds to go, it misses and Reviez gets a final takedown. 5-2

Reviez = 3 shots

Lettner = 2 shots

Everything else was upper body.

Edited by ru4mocs

Master, I would love to be able to sit back and just watch you type some of the dumbest comments on this board but i just couldnt take it. Soddy beat Bradley once this year in duals just as Bradley beat Soddy once. Let me just say the Reveiz-Letner match almost put me to sleep. Reveiz did not do a THING NOT ONE. I wrote down how many shots each wrestler took and i had Reveiz only taking 2 real shots during a 6 minute match. Letner took more than 7 REAL shots. not the just let me reach for your leg shots but real shots. luckly hes the best 215 in the state D1 because he could not beat Coffey in D2 and I say that sincerely because I do not like D2 wrestling but Nick could not beat Coffee. And do not tell me i have not watched Nick wrestle enough because i watched him at the Soddy tourney and the state and he is not very impressive. And I hate to take anything away from Nick he is now a 2 time state champ but you make him and the rest of the Farragut fans seem like idiots. I apologize to the Farragut fans on here but please have a talk with this guy and try to keep him on his medication.

Also Soddy won this tournament with hard work and guts. You said that if Bradley had won all their finals matches that we would not have this conversation, the same could be said about letner, Winesburgh losing in OT to Holliman in the semis, Toney being on the same side as Felix with Scott getting pinned but Toney only losing 11-4. Also Mikey Fuller in the same half the bracket as three defending place winners and 4 ranked wrestlers out of 8 wrestlers. those points would have put Soddy even farther ahead. This is how the individual tourney works. Its the facts and Now SODDY DAISY IS THE 2006 individual state champions. Congrats to all the guys from soddy who placed and to the champs Ryan and Tyler.

Edited by cobrakid8

Cobra,

You have to realize that Nick had never seen a wrestling match until half way through his sophmore year. He started wrestling at the age of 16. To go on and win 2 state championsips in the three years that you EVER even competed in the sport of wrestling is very impressive. I don't know what the heck you are talking about when you say "im not that impressed with Nick". Actually I don't think you know what you are talking about either. Do to his very limited wrestling life Nick only knows a blast double and a snap down. He don't have a great arsenal of moves. He waits patiently for his opponent to get out of position and then he steem rolls them. I actualy think that he is very smart and shows alot of mat savey by not taking hots that are not pen, like so many young wrestlers do. The thing is that guys know that is all he has an they still can't stop him. That is another thing that is so impressive about Nick, you know exactley what he is gonna do and still can't stop him. That is pretty impresive to me. But if you are not impressed with him then maybe you should come on up to the Farragut wrestling room and grab ahold of him. I am sure that you will be very impressed with him after he lumps your head up real good.

<<Rabbit-Now if you want to talk about our coaches during the lettner match. im prety sure we took 4 shots to reviez's 1 shot. we got zero stalling calls to reviez's 1. we did not cut him in third, we tried to crotch lift him. im not sure what match you are watching when say all we do is stall, but it wasnt the D1 215 match.>>

I don't want to butt in on anyone fight BUT ............

I went back and watched the 215 match again. First period was all throw attempts with a couple of half-hearted shots by Reviez.

Lettner gets an escape to start the second. 1-0

Reviez gets a takedown on a double leg and bearhug. 2-1.

Lettner gets an escape for 2-2

At the start of the third Lettner shows the ref the cut signal and places his hands on Reviez's back in the same matter. Once Reviez moves Lettner does make a grap for Reviez. 3-2

Lettner makes what I see as his first shot with 58 seconds to go.

Reviez gets a stalling warning with 35 seconds to go.

Lettner takes his second shot with 16 seconds to go.

Lettner tries a throw with 5 seconds to go, it misses and Reviez gets a final takedown. 5-2

That's the match I saw.

Thanks for not jumping on the beat down band wagon.

Cobra,

You have to realize that Nick had never seen a wrestling match until half way through his sophmore year. He started wrestling at the age of 16. To go on and win 2 state championsips in the three years that you EVER even competed in the sport of wrestling is very impressive. I don't know what the heck you are talking about when you say "im not that impressed with Nick". Actually I don't think you know what you are talking about either. Do to his very limited wrestling life Nick only knows a blast double and a snap down. He don't have a great arsenal of moves. He waits patiently for his opponent to get out of position and then he steem rolls them. I actualy think that he is very smart and shows alot of mat savey by not taking hots that are not pen, like so many young wrestlers do. The thing is that guys know that is all he has an they still can't stop him. That is another thing that is so impressive about Nick, you know exactley what he is gonna do and still can't stop him. That is pretty impresive to me. But if you are not impressed with him then maybe you should come on up to the Farragut wrestling room and grab ahold of him. I am sure that you will be very impressed with him after he lumps your head up real good.

;)

Only 3 wrestlers have beat Nick in 2 years.

1. Ian of ND last year at the beginning of the season with a great head throw.

2. Collins Hill Senior that stuck Nick when he made a mistake.

3. The #1 ranked kid at the time from Dickson Co last year at the FR Tourney by 1 pt if I'm remembering correctly.

Nick is a smart wrestler. I think he could beat Coffee because I've seen him pin kids that wrestled like Coffee. You have 2 undefeated, 2 X State Champs that would be a great match.

True the Letner match was not the most exciting match. But from my bias point of view, I blame that on the SD game plan.

I'm use to seeing all Nicks matches over in less tha 50 scds or less. I think he has only had 5 matches go the distance this year. (2 against Letner) Sorry, if thats boring to U but to me it was sweet. ;)

2163.jpgThe BEAST OF THE EAST! (REGION 2)beast.jpg