Boys Top 10 Midstate

War Eagles

1. Brentwood Academy (28-2) - No trouble with Father Ryan, BGA in Division II region

2. Shelbyville (27-2) - Two Mr. Basketball candidates in Barry Stewart, Dequan Twilley.

3. Hunters Lane (24-4) - Aiming to beat Antioch for a third time in the district tourney.

4. Hendersonville (21-1) - Commandos carry a 15-game win streak into the postseason.

5. Oakland (21-5) - Could not shut down the lane against 70-57 winner Hunters Lane.

6.Siegel (25-5) - La Vergne's double-overtime win in the Stars second loss in a row.

7. Franklin (28-3) - Got an unexpected scare from Hillsboro in the district quarterfinal.

8. Whites Creek (21-6) - District semifinal vs McGavock important for region seeding.

9. Goodpasture (24-4) - Cougars primed for postseason having won 13 of their last 14 games.

10. Sycamore (24-2) - The overwhelming favorite to take the District 11-AA tourney.

Edited by War Eagles

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

1. <a href='http://www.coacht.com/inside/team.cfm?SchoolID=37&SportID=3' target='_blank'>Brentwood Academy</a> (28-2) - No trouble with Father Ryan, BGA in Division II region

2. Shelbyville (27-2) - Two Mr. Basketball candidates in Barry Stewart, Dequan Twilley.

3. Hunters Lane (24-4) - Aiming to beat Antioch for a third time in the district tourney.

4. Hendersonville (21-1) - Commandos carry a 15-game win streak into the postseason.

5. Oakland (21-5) - Could not shut down the lane against 70-57 winner Hunters Lane.

6.Siegel (25-5) - La Vergne's double-overtime win in the Stars second loss in a row.

7. Franklin (28-3) - Got an unexpected scare from Hillsboro in the district quarterfinal.

8. Whites Creek (21-6) - District semifinal vs McGavock important for region seeding.

9. Goodpasture (24-4) - Cougars primed for postseason having won 13 of their last 14 games.

10. Sycamore (24-2) - The overwhelming favorite to take the District 11-AA tourney.

Still amazes me how no small [ 1A ] teams get any credit!!! In the mid state you have Culleoka 24-2 and Friendship Christian 25-3 but I guess this is just a " big boy " poll. Oh isn't BA a D2 school ? Nothing like having high profile players!! :thumb:

Still amazes me how no small [ 1A ] teams get any credit!!! In the mid state you have Culleoka 24-2 and Friendship Christian 25-3 but I guess this is just a " big boy " poll. Oh isn't BA a D2 school ? Nothing like having high profile players!! ;)

Don't come in here and try to start something against BA when your teams are all in 1A and couldn't com close to BA.

Still amazes me how no small [ 1A ] teams get any credit!!! In the mid state you have Culleoka 24-2 and Friendship Christian 25-3 but I guess this is just a " big boy " poll. Oh isn't BA a D2 school ? Nothing like having high profile players!! ;)

These are some good teams...but at the single A level. If either of these teams played these 10 schools, it would not be a close game. Believe me, I've played against Friendship Christian twice this year, beating them once pretty easily, and I've also played against Sycamore twice this season and they beat us easily both times. We've played close to Goodpasture once this year and they beat us once pretty easily and we play them again tonight and these are just the bottom two teams on the list, but I'm pretty sure Goodpasture, and the rest of these teams on this list are better than those single A teams you mentioned. Nothing against them, but single A teams are rarely gonna get recognition on a top-10 or whatever list when AA and AAA teams are included, the talent level is just too different.

Edited by catsbball1

If any of your 1a teams beat someone on this top ten list then they deserve to be on this list. Until then you don't have a very good arguement.

I'm confused? Should teams with no college bound players, a weak schedule, and no chance of ever beating any of these teams be on here so single A feels represented. Yes BA is D2 but you might want to check out their schedule.

i think mlk should be up there instead of sycamore or goodpasture. they beat whites creek and they were definately the best midstate aa team last year and lost by 2 in the state tournament last year to bollivar. they did lose a lot of people but doc shelton is a great coach and gerald robinson and clarence smith might be the best aa tandem in middle tennesse. well i guess we'll see if they are better than sycamore when the region tournament comes around.