Hampton vs. University High

H-Town34

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just call me Jimmy the Greek. Congratulations to Cloudland and Coach Smith. Great Job. Very disappointing performance by HHS. Lack of preparation, discipline and impatience did them in. And "ifyoucan'trunwiththeBulldogs" you had better tell your own team about the "one man show" and not someone else. Hopefully you know who I am talking about because he did nothing and never got taken out. Coach Smith took out/put in all nght if they didn't do what he asked them to do. Cloudland had a good game plan and executed it. Hampton had no plan with the exception ofdribble around, shoot a 3 or get frustrated and lower your head and go to the goal. That is where it shows up is in the big games where each possession counts. We were picked to win the conference, finished 3rd, lost to a team in the finals that we had beaten twice already, the last time was a joke, but we still have more talent, right??? Grossly underachieving and not going to get any better. This was the best chance that HHS is ever going to have to win the district, and they couldn't do it. What a shame, what a waste of talent.

bouncepass, why do you always have something negative to say? no this wasent the best chance hampton is ever going to have to win the district, i believe that will be next year and the year after there is alot of young talent at hampton, just my opinion

bouncepass, why do you always have something negative to say? no this wasent the best chance hampton is ever going to have to win the district, i believe that will be next year and the year after there is alot of young talent at hampton, just my opinion

I don't know about that. Hampton's freshmen of this year lost to Little Milligan when they were in 8th grade, and looked awful in their freshmen games this year...

I don't know about that. Hampton's freshmen of this year lost to Little Milligan when they were in 8th grade, and looked awful in their freshmen games this year...

what about the 7th and 8th graders and soph.'s, jr.'s, and sr.'s, i dont see any other school in carter co. that will have talent like that for the next couple of years.

I agree with bouncepass to have the talent Hampton has there was no excuse for the performance they put on the other night plain and simple they got out played and they got out coached by a better than average Cloudland team who finished what 3rd or 4th in the conference,They slowed down the ball forced Hampton into taking bad shots down the stretch boxed out on the defensive end and was patient with there offense they made Hampton play there game for 4 quarters and that is what got them beat.

If you really wanna know who I favor to win this it will either be Unaka or Cloudland just for the fact they are well coached and both coaches get the most out of there players they are diciplined they both go deep into the bench and it will pay off in the long run not only in the regionals but in the future as well.

Ohh and by the way Htown34 I will let you in on a little secret I dont know how much basketball you have watched out side of highschool this season but you might want to look at the check you are writing before you cash it in.Look at what Hunter,and Unaka have when they are combined together.Hampton has 1 feeder system and that is Little Milligan and I dont really recall the last time they have had a flat out stud who has come from up there and just dominated at Hampton.

Not to mention look at the athletes Cloudland Highschool has coming up from there 8th grade class next year who will be freshman they have 2 of the best if not the best athletes in the county who will probably be about 6'3 6'4 and can flat out play if they keep growing not to mention only lost 2 games this season and that was to Science Hill and Hunter.

If I was Hampton I would be trying to get Ned Smith or Leon Tolley for the kids coming up in the future and I guarantee you that there would be the start of a good program.

Edited by pickup22

I like the way you think pickup22. But of course you know that will never happen. Coach Smith wasn't even considered for the job the last time it came open and I have heard rumors that the Cloudland people are trying to get rid of him. As for Coach Tolley, the High School acts as if he doesn't exist as if they are jealous of his success or envious. They are constantly putting him down, much like ifyoucan'trunwiththeBulldogs did with his one man show comment. Anyone who knows Coach Tolley can testify that he does not play favorites and preaches only team play and pride in the Blue & White. HHS has no pride anymore, that is their problem. You are also correct in your assessment of Cloudland's upcoming talent. Very athletic and deep. Unaka and Hunter Elem.'s have had good teams as well so if the current talent and upcoming talent isn't used to the fullest the future doesn't look that bright. Sure this group of Soph.'s are talented and can play but will they still be playing when they are sr.'s and will they be any better then than they are now? Let me give you an example before I go back into seclusion. HHS was picked to win the conf., and was favored to win the Dist. Tournament, as well as being loaded with talent. They finished 3rd in the conf., and lost in the District final. Hampton Elem. on the other hand was picked to finish 5th or 6th in a 6 team league, lost it's best player right before the season started yet they still finished 2nd in the conf. and WON the District Title. To me that is called overachieving or "coaching them up". Has HHS done that? People say that is Middle School and not High School, sure it is but you still have to take what you have and go with it to the best of your ability and to me Coach Tolley does it and didn't Coach Smith just do it Friday night?

I agree with bouncepass to have the talent Hampton has there was no excuse for the performance they put on the other night plain and simple they got out played and they got out coached by a better than average Cloudland team who finished what 3rd or 4th in the conference,They slowed down the ball forced Hampton into taking bad shots down the stretch boxed out on the defensive end and was patient with there offense they made Hampton play there game for 4 quarters and that is what got them beat.

If you really wanna know who I favor to win this it will either be Unaka or Cloudland just for the fact they are well coached and both coaches get the most out of there players they are diciplined they both go deep into the bench and it will pay off in the long run not only in the regionals but in the future as well.

Ohh and by the way Htown34 I will let you in on a little secret I dont know how much basketball you have watched out side of highschool this season but you might want to look at the check you are writing before you cash it in.Look at what Hunter,and Unaka have when they are combined together.Hampton has 1 feeder system and that is Little Milligan and I dont really recall the last time they have had a flat out stud who has come from up there and just dominated at Hampton.

Not to mention look at the athletes Cloudland Highschool has coming up from there 8th grade class next year who will be freshman they have 2 of the best if not the best athletes in the county who will probably be about 6'3 6'4 and can flat out play if they keep growing not to mention only lost 2 games this season and that was to Science Hill and Hunter.

If I was Hampton I would be trying to get Ned Smith or Leon Tolley for the kids coming up in the future and I guarantee you that there would be the start of a good program.

i would love to see tolley or smith at the high school but i dont see that happening anytime soon...

Edited by H-Town34

what about the 7th and 8th graders and soph.'s, jr.'s, and sr.'s, i dont see any other school in carter co. that will have talent like that for the next couple of years.

This years 7th grade team looks to be the most talented i have seen

they have a guy that is 6 foot 6 inches in cody vines, and they have a 12 years old that is the most talented of all I think in Dylan Hill, he has the purest shot for big guy that I have ever seen, once agian this guy is only 12 years old and is about 6 foot 4 inches His docter says he'll probally will get aroud 6'7" or 6'8" when he gets in high school. they also have some very good guards in boys named dylan ward and jacob jones