District 2-AA tourney talk

KevB1990

Help out a pal from District 1, would you? We are going to be traveling down there next week and we would like to know what the schedule looks like.

District 1 Seed 1 plays District 2 Seed 4 @ _________ on ___________.

District 1 Seed 2 plays District 2 Seed 3 @ _________ on ___________.

District 2 Seed 2 plays District 1 Seed 3 @ _________ on ___________.

District 2 Seed 1 plays District 1 Seed 4 @ _________ on ___________.

Could you also do this for the girls? We kind of like them too!

Thanks

P.S. Have some good stuff in the concession stand. It's a long trip.

We should know around this time tomorrow night who the seeds are.

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmmmm...your arguement would hold more weight if UC didn't eek out mostly single digit victories at home with their officials while when they go to the other schools in the district on average they get beat by double digits...just calling it like I see it my man. I think a lot of folks would agree though that officiating as a whole everywhere is suspect and substandard.

You are right if you are only talking about this years scores. Your comment was, "If i had a million bucks for every game Knox Ridge officials have helped them win in the new gym since it opened I could look at Donald Trump and say you're poor!" The new gym opened in 1997 and if you check back to past scores there are just as many cases of double digit wins by Union at Union and single digit losses on the road......... just like i see it as well. Also the only time Rutledge sees Knox Ridge in district play is at Union, while Union must play every single district road game with Smokey Mountain officials, a decided disadvantage in my opinion.

One thing we can agree on however is the level of compent officials is in decline, and the difference in how the game is called from one association to the next is vast.

Edited by soggybottomboy

Just heard that Rutledge thumped Claiborne 70-51 to finish third...also heard Nickell broke his hand after the CG game Tuesday and didn't play.

Looks like if all holds true to the bracket in District 1-AA, Kip will have one more chance to finally beat Coach Bayless at Happy Valley...isn't he ready to retire yet or has he already? :D

Just heard that Rutledge thumped Claiborne 70-51 to finish third...also heard Nickell broke his hand after the CG game Tuesday and didn't play.

Looks like if all holds true to the bracket in District 1-AA, Kip will have one more chance to finally beat Coach Bayless at Happy Valley...isn't he ready to retire yet or has he already? :thumb:

Coach Bayless is still around and it doesn't look like he ever has any plans to retire.

Looks like if all holds true to the bracket in District 1-AA, Kip will have one more chance to finally beat Coach Bayless at Happy Valley...isn't he ready to retire yet or has he already? :thumb:

Was Happy Valley the team that beat out the Singleton led Pioneers two years ago? I remember Happy Valley being good, but can't remember who they played. Seems like I felt like Rutledge should have won though, dont know, getting too old to remember these things.

Was Happy Valley the team that beat out the Singleton led Pioneers two years ago? I remember Happy Valley being good, but can't remember who they played. Seems like I felt like Rutledge should have won though, dont know, getting too old to remember these things.

Yeah it was...Alex Carroll went nuts in the second half and overtime and HV rallied to end Singleton's career in overtime...it was a good game and one Rutledge should not have lost.

• 11 years later...

Yes it was ME ! Man i miss those days and dang that boy Singleton could jump. I remember like it was yesterday going into overtime dreading more time but knew it was our last run to play the next day against Sullivan Central. I miss wearing my 41 Warrior Jersey everyday

On 2/24/2006 at 6:03 PM, KevB1990 said:

Yeah it was...Alex Carroll went nuts in the second half and overtime and HV rallied to end Singleton's career in overtime...it was a good game and one Rutledge should not have lost.