District 3 AAA Tournament

redandblack63

Lets see if I have this right. Powell will play O.R in one semifinal game and the Halls C.C. winner will play Clinton.

Powell vs. O.R. Powell has the horses to compete with anyone. Hargis is at the top of his game and doesn't take back seat to anyone. Smith and Conner can hold their on down low. Both are excellent players. I would like to see them be more utilized on the offensive end. Those three guys are as good as anybody in the District. If they get help from the other starters plus good bench play and a positive attitude they have a shot to beat O.R.

Halls will have their hands full with Campbell Co. but I look for them to win which will pit them against Clinton in the other semifinal. This will be a tough match up for the Devils. Dye can match Sharp point for point and has a more athletic supporting cast.

Powell and Clinton in the finals. We all know Powell beat Clinton twice already can they do it again?

Any opinions?

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Powell is comming together at the right time

Hargis has stepped up huge the past three or 4 games

Conner the past 2 games against west he was held on the offensive end to low points

not sure the exact number

last night lee only had 2 points but was big everywhere elese. West plays great d.

IM looking forward to the powell/or game it shoujld be good if conner lee hargis and seymore (tc dinkins for that matter) all play like thye have been we should take this district easly in my opinion.

Read what Ogan and petko said about powell in www.knoxpreps.com there is a good article in there about the game

I believe OR will beat Powell and Clinton will take down Halls.

Clinton vs OakRidge in Dist. finals . First final since 2000 after 4 straight finals (97-00). It won't be easy for either after sweeping reg. season play.

Best chance for upset is Halls over Clinton. Clinton has a long winning streak over Halls and C. Sharp is dangerous and good. Dye has struggled from the field last 3 games. Dixon has been on fire and is carrying the Dragons. If Dye and Dixon both are on it's all over.

Powell has been up and down and will stay on their rollercoaster. Hargis was the reason they beat West but will be neutralized by Stephens and company.

Pack the rafters and get ready for another Wildcat/Dragon showdown!

Halls wins and will go up against Clinton on Thursday night. Will the long lay off hurt Clinton?

Powell goes against O.R. O.R. may also be a little rusty from the lay off. Powell on the other hand may be a bit wore down this will be their 4 th game in 7 days.

Can't wait for the games. I will be their for the Halls game and stay up past my bedtime for the Powell game.

I look for Powell and Clinton to be in the finals. But who knows Halls may make it an all North Knoxville party.

All I've got to say is that if Powell gets by Oak Ridge tomorrow night, Clinton will probably be in trouble. Clinton has swept Halls through the season, so I don't doubt that the dragons will be in the finals. If Powell is defeated by Oak Ridge, which past performance indicates they will, then Powell will be playing Halls in the consolation bracket. If Oak Ridge meets Clinton in the finals, Oak Ridge will be going to the region as the number 2 seed, with Powell as 3 and Halls as 4.

If Hargis remains confident in his play, I think Powell should beat Oak Ridge. Hargis is the best junior point guard in the district when he wants to be.

This is going to be a tough rest of the week for all the teams.

Clinton vs. Halls

Oak Ridge vs. Powell

Halls and Clinton will be a really tough game. Clinton beat the Halls at home this year. It wasn't a blow out, but you could tell that Clinton was in control. Clinton also beat Halls at their place. I think this will be the final rematch of the two. I know that Clinton has been off all week coming in 2nd in final season district play. I don't think that it will effect them to much, they have been practicing hard all week and I feel that they are ready. Clinton over Halls.

Oak Ridge has also been off on the long break coming in 1st in regular season district play. I in no way feel this will hurt them at all. They probably plan on Clinton beating Halls and they would love a rematch with Clinton. This has always been a rivalry between Oak Ridge and Clinton. Powell is not an easy knock off though. They have been on top of all their games lately and have accounted for quite a roll. If Powell does beat Oak Ridge, I look for them to roll past Clinton like they have the past two times they have played. Unfortunetly, I don't believe they can get past Oak Ridge. Oak Ridge over Powell.

The championship game is anybody call. Oak Ridge beat Clinton early in the season at their place, but Clinton bounced back with a win late in the season at home. The stands will be packed, and the crowd will be neutral. Its a good location to have it, because it is about the same drive for both schools. Both teams will have to bring their "A" game, and the best will win. I'm going to stand behind my school. Clinton over Oak Ridge.

Two big games tonight. Looking forward to seeing these great match ups. Does C.C. have some good food in the concession stand or should I bring in a sack of Krystals.

Went to the Distict 4 tourney last night and W.B. and Bearden were both upset. So that means winning the District 3 Tournament will give you the 1 or 2 seed from District 4 in the first round of the region. Well I guess there aren't any easy games this time of year.

Looking forward to some great games tonight. Come early if you want a good seat.

The web site www.john314.com has all the brackets and all of the final scores. Its a great page to go by for all of the state tournaments, and district play.

The 1st seed from district 3 faces up with the 4th seed from district 4.

The 2nd seed in district 3 faces up with the 3rd seed from district 4.

Edited by chsbaseball41

The Halls-Clinton game was a very good game tonight. I am not sure how the refs are cycled in the tournys, but I'm not so sure that the same ones were working the Halls-Clinton game. I thought that they were bad both ways tonight. It was a very evenly matched game with Halls just making one more play. I look forward to what should be a great game tomorrow night vs. Powell. Lets hope for a good clean game and good luck to both sides.