District 7AA Championship game

RedScare_3

I want to hear what people think about this one. I think it will come down to the wire. Either Monica Hembre or Brandi Brown will have to make a play for her team to put them over the edge.

A little advice for anybody playing York from here on out: when you have the ball with a chance to take the lead at the end of the game, know where Brown's 3 foot long arms are. That's the 2nd time i've seen her block a potential game winning shots. Once against SC and another against LA.

Both teams looked good Monday, but York beat the Owls twice during the regular season in two tight games. All the pressures on York. It's about time for the Owls to take one from them.

Smith Co. by 2 points.

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree it is about time for the Owlettes to win something big and show everyone their ability. I still stand by what I said once before " Smith Co. is the scariest team in the district."

For the Owlettes to win this one, they are once again going to have to play like a team. Massey and Sleeper did a good job holding Brown to 11 and 17 points the last two games, but one of them is really going to have to step up and take her out this time. Brown and Hembree are the two best players in the district, which will make this game even better. Good Luck to both team!!!!

Owlettes by 4

Edited by schs_#1owlfan

Smith County is definitely a scary team to play, and I'm so excited that they beat Upperman. York and Smith in the Championship is awesome, I think. Smith is tough, but I think York can pull out the win if they keep playing like they have been through this tournament. Girls have stepped up in ways they might not have earlier in the season, but right now is when it really matters. Brandi and Monica are the best in 7AA and are great leaders for their team. But I think York's gonna pull this one off, proving to everyone where they belong... #1. Go York! You can do it!

I agree it is about time for the Owlettes to win something big and show everyone their ability. I still stand by what I said once before " Smith Co. is the scariest team in the district."

For the Owlettes to win this one, they are once again going to have to play like a team. Massey and Sleeper did a good job holding Brown to 11 and 17 points the last two games, but one of them is really going to have to step up and take her out this time. Brown and Hembree are the two best players in the district, which will make this game even better. Good Luck to both team!!!!

Owlettes by 4

i think if york girls hit the outside shots which they have since sc uses 2 or 3 girls to cover brown they will win.i also think york should leave brown around the basket on defense.hembree has an open track for layups with brown playing outside as she has the oter 2 games against sc.

i think if york girls hit the outside shots which they have since sc uses 2 or 3 girls to cover brown they will win.i also think york should leave brown around the basket on defense.hembree has an open track for layups with brown playing outside as she has the oter 2 games against sc.

I think that will be the key to the game. The first time they played this season, SC doubled Brown in the first half, holding her to 3 points, and the rest of York was 4/18 shooting 3s. SC led 27-18 at the half.

In the 3rd quarter, York came out and hit 6/8 3s to take a 41-34 lead into the 4th quarter. And Brown only scored 2 points in the 3rd.

York won the game 54-46, with Brown scoring 11 points, which was 3rd best on her team that night.

Want to guess what happened in the second game at York? First half, Brown had 5 points, rest of York was 3/10 shooting 3s, SC led at the half 32-25. Second half, York was 2/4 shooting 3s, SC tried to slow the game down, and York won by 2, 50-48 (with Brown blocking a Hembree shot with seconds left, if I recall correctly).

My predictions for this game? Should be fun to watch two great teams play. My guess is the team that scores the most points will win! :thumb:)

I believe this game will be won by Sleeper from Smith or by Bradfield from York. We all know that Hembree and Brown will show up to play as they do in every game. That is what makes them great players. I am not saying the other players are not good, I simply think these two players have to step up as they did in the first round games. Sleeper was very impressive. Bradfield is going to be a great player. I probably won get to see this game, but I would bet my last dollar that it will be a good one. Best of luck to both teams and please go easy on LA in the Regional.

Awesome, awesome game from York. Both teams played great, actually, and I thought Smith might come out with the win. But York girls fought hard and stayed in it, even with a little bit of craziness at times. Girls, I'm so proud of all of you! Great layup, Tater. Perfect timing! (Keep shooting. They'll fall.) Katy, Hannah, and Brittany, you guys played good defense, rebounded, and did what you had to do to stay in this. Brandi Brown, wonderful as always. Good job knockin down the free throws, blockin some shots, and hittin the shots you got when you got your hands on the ball. Way to go Molly, for being Tournament MVP. I told my mom when the game started that I thought you should get it for the way you've come out and played every game. You've hustled, fought, and given it everything you have, and you've played beyond the level of a freshman. I only see great things coming for you in the next three years. Congratulations, York!! 7AA District Champs!!!!

By the way, what's with Sleeper's attitude. She lit it up tonight, for sure, but she looks like she has the worst attitude I've seen in a while. She got right up in her sister's face at one point and screamed at her. Did she even shake the hands of the York girls? Looked like Monica was gettin her about something after the game, but don't know what it was.

Great game by both teams, but I'm so glad York won. I knew you could do it, girls! Congratulations, and keep goin!!!!!

Edited by jill24