Region 6AA Tournament

Guest catfish-hunter

I know Bolivar won and all, but don't think just because they beat Sycamore bad they are a shoe in to win it all. One might want to talk to the boys from Mitchell or Haywood to see what they think about putting Bolivar on the trophy. Congrats to the tigers, but seriously, take it one game at a time. If you don't think that is a good idea, ask Mitchell about what happened to them last year or ask GW Carver, the second best AA team in Memphis, about overlooking teams.

• Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know Bolivar won and all, but don't think just because they beat Sycamore bad they are a shoe in to win it all. One might want to talk to the boys from Mitchell or Haywood to see what they think about putting Bolivar on the trophy. Congrats to the tigers, but seriously, take it one game at a time. If you don't think that is a good idea, ask Mitchell about what happened to them last year or ask GW Carver, the second best AA team in Memphis, about overlooking teams.

I do see your point.

But I see these guys and coaches every day. (I can't even dribble a B-Ball!) But I do know they truly aren't overlooking ANY teams now. I'll agree there have been times when they've played to their level of competition this season (scary sometmes too)...but they've been here before and they know what that type of play will earn them at this point.

As for Mitchell or Haywood...I have spoken to one of their coaches. He's confident of course! But he's not counting the Tigers out either. ANd if in the same bracket, we'll prob. see 'em too.

But as long as Rudesill and his staff(AND his team leaders) have anything to do with it...they WILL be taking each game one at a time and giving each team the proper respect! They will do that much. No matter what others think...they always approach it that way.

And if a team beats the BCHS Tigers-for all of it-I'll be one of the first one's on here giving them props...b/c they will have earned that respect.

Guest catfish-hunter

I won't say I told you so but I will say two words that I have said for a while. You have to admit, I was right. OVER RATED

sycamore, congratulations on a great season. You were the best in 11 AA. Moulton, you are the man in shooting.

But saying once again, Sycamore was a really good team, but not a great team. That was proved tonight. also, the comment I made earlier that Sycamore was good shooters and played good team ball but didn't have great athletes. Tonights game is what I meant!!!!! Bolivar has great athletes.

Catfish, admit it, I was right. :huh:

Bolivar is good. I wish them the best the rest of the way. Willie played like a guy who's going to be playing for a Final Four caliber team next year. Chism proved why he'll be playing in the SEC next year.

BIGWEBB, you are a classless moron who needs to get a clue. Had you read the post above then you would have seen what I said about Bolivar & Sycamore following the game. Keep shooting your mouth off moron :thumb:

hhsnumber1fan

that was me

u got my number

and so what we lost

yeah it stinks

but that was THE BEST AA team in the state

we didnt get upset by the #4 team in the other district

i want all u coachters opinion

how much worse would bolivar have beaten harpeth?

but i dont believe in girls basketball

so its off to the baseball forums for the next 3 months