Region 6AA Tournament

Guest catfish-hunter

• Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thats exactly what Solomon and I said after the Lexington-Sycamore game. Solomon I sure hope you're in a better mood now than you were after the game last night. No doubt the better team won last night. We did shoot ourselves out of it, and we did forget about Reggie. But, Last night Sycamore had a game plan and stuck to it. When the player for Sycamore hit that 3 early in the fiourth quarter, I told the guy in front of me (an Harpeth fan of all people) that its over for us because we will start jacking 3 pointers now. He didnt beleive me, but I havent missed many games this year and I know this team. It was a 5 point game at that point, and after we missed that 3, Sycamore never looked back. And Antonio Timberlake didn't shoot that much becuase he doesnt have a green light to pull up a 3 everytime down the court. But as haqashaq has stated he has been solid from behind the arc all year. I've seen him hit 4 in a row in a few games this year. But, the year is over for us, so no complaining now. Sycamore takes on a different type of monster in Bolivar. Sycamore can flat out shoot the rock, but Bolivar will have a game plan, and will stick to what Rudisill wants them to do. They will not be jacking up 3's every time down the court in the fourth. The only hole in Bolivar is that they play to their opponent. If they let Sycamore keep this close and Wayne gets in foul trouble, lookout. Im picking Bolivar for the win, but I hope they come out to dominate and not just to win.

Timberlake is an excellent 3 point shooter , if you think about it he was probably our best 3 point shooter considering the fact he didn't get major playing time - his shooting percentage was probably the highest of all the guards. You are absolutely right about who has the green light and who doesn't (the same thing happened with Kenny Parker). What kills me about a good 3 point shooter like Timberlake, if you let him give a head fake and drive the lane or base line (and open the middle by spreading your offense) you have another deadly offensive weapon that can not only score big time from outside, but drive to the bucket causing defensive mismatches allowing him to either dump for an assist or shoot the short shot. Gardner has done that to every good shooter on the team. He puts the on the floor for just a few minutes to see if they can hit some, then jerks them out (I am surprised that Timberlake could keep it up and not lose confidence, but he didn't seem affected by it all). By Gardner only wanting one person to drive the lane, he not only hurt the team, but also kept Mack from probably really reaching his full potential. By the time we get to the tough teams they recognized this and ripped our heads off (Liberty spotted this in our first game). As for jacking up all the 3s at the end of the last game, all I can say is that is about par for the course. Gardner wanted to see one person go out on high note (that is the reason why guys like Timberlake and Bomar faded at the end), it backfired on everybody. It was a do or die thing, if you hit big, guess what, big time publicity, you lose, so what, Bolivar was next and he new his chances were very, very slim for a big upset.

I can only imagine Timberlake will get one of Gardners, " I am sorry for stepping on you during the season, but here is a stupid plaque to make us both feel good about it" end of season honors at the basketball banquet - that is sick (not that Timberlake doesn't deserve an award, it just the context in which it is done). In my opinion, Timberlake problem deserves the highest 3 point percentage shooter, but he won't get that because ????????

Like you say - we look like we may have another herd of talent coming up, maybe things will be different. But I will always wonder what this season could have been like if there was true impartiality shown and each player was developed to his full potential.

Oh well, I guess I will go listen to some Proud Mary by Ike and Tina Turner.............

Timberlake is an excellent 3 point shooter , if you think about it he was probably our best 3 point shooter considering the fact he didn't get major playing time - his shooting percentage was probably the highest of all the guards. You are absolutely right about who has the green light and who doesn't (the same thing happened with Kenny Parker). What kills me about a good 3 point shooter like Timberlake, if you let him give a head fake and drive the lane or base line (and open the middle by spreading your offense) you have another deadly offensive weapon that can not only score big time from outside, but drive to the bucket causing defensive mismatches allowing him to either dump for an assist or shoot the short shot. Gardner has done that to every good shooter on the team. He puts the on the floor for just a few minutes to see if they can hit some, then jerks them out (I am surprised that Timberlake could keep it up and not lose confidence, but he didn't seem affected by it all). By Gardner only wanting one person to drive the lane, he not only hurt the team, but also kept Mack from probably really reaching his full potential. By the time we get to the tough teams they recognized this and ripped our heads off (Liberty spotted this in our first game). As for jacking up all the 3s at the end of the last game, all I can say is that is about par for the course. Gardner wanted to see one person go out on high note (that is the reason why guys like Timberlake and Bomar faded at the end), it backfired on everybody. It was a do or die thing, if you hit big, guess what, big time publicity, you lose, so what, Bolivar was next and he new his chances were very, very slim for a big upset.

I can only imagine Timberlake will get one of Gardners, " I am sorry for stepping on you during the season, but here is a stupid plaque to make us both feel good about it" end of season honors at the basketball banquet - that is sick (not that Timberlake doesn't deserve an award, it just the context in which it is done). In my opinion, Timberlake problem deserves the highest 3 point percentage shooter, but he won't get that because ????????

Like you say - we look like we may have another herd of talent coming up, maybe things will be different. But I will always wonder what this season could have been like if there was true impartiality shown and each player was developed to his full potential.

Oh well, I guess I will go listen to some Proud Mary by Ike and Tina Turner.............

Calm down.......we all know the next chapter by now. You sound like you wanna beat somebody like your name is Ike :thumb:

Hackashaq, I actually owe you an apology for ripping your head off for bashing Coach Gardner. I was sitting beside Bomar's mom when her and Gardner had a few words, and what he said actually did make me think about what you had posted on here. This year is done/ Timberlake is a junior so he and Staten and Reggie wil be back. But what about Colton Fields?

I'm not on Lexington's coaching staff so I dont know who should run what play. But I am a grown man and I know how to act as 1. I see what you were talking about now.

Edited by PrepFanatic

ooh boy 275? thats pathetic this kid sounds like someone whos favorite snack is chocolate covered butter

i could outrun that kid with scuba flippers on in 4 foot of water

then warm up with 275 on bench

and sycamore is gettin beat i dunno about tuesday but they are definitley goin nowhere after that

Yall dont let bignasty put his two cents in. Last time I remember he said Sycamore was the worst team in Cheatham County. And who is the only team in Cheatham Couty to advance...exactly. So pay no attention to him, and Sycamore has great chance to win, everybody come out to watch it.

;):lol:

Yall dont let bignasty put his two cents in. Last time I remember he said Sycamore was the worst team in Cheatham County. And who is the only team in Cheatham Couty to advance...exactly. So pay no attention to him, and Sycamore has great chance to win, everybody come out to watch it.

:):lol:

Wheres your alter ego Tfran? ;);)

Papa tiger quit talkin your trash, who cares if john and chad don't have D-1 scholarships and jesse is not the only person on the team. He is a big part don't get me wrong, but other people will step up! :lol:

Why do you consider that trash. I was making a point that these two guys don't hold a candle to Chism. Sycamore, good luck to you, but it's not going to happen. Bolivar's team is intimidating and so are their crowd.

Bolivar 85

Sycamore 68

Guest catfish-hunter

im talking about the kid from stewart...jake west or something..has the goofy mustache

i didnt know who ya'll were talking about sorry

Jake West is #30 :(

Sycamore's about to pull a major upset boys and girls :(