Anyone SEE the Jimmy Oden ejection last night

franklinrebelsfan

Guest dare_2_dream

It's not that I don't believe you, I was just pointing out that you jumped on a guy who who just giving his opinion; again, NOT talking about the incident. Why did you bring it up again?

I respect that you have Jimmy's back.

he is giving an opinion on a teams attitude in which he knows nothing of. i dont get on here and say anything about any team and their attitudes, and i have played against every player in the district and know some of them quite well. his knowledge of siegel is very low, especially of the character of the players. his opinion is respected by me, however, but at the same time he needs to know more about the program before he jumps the gun on them.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

he is giving an opinion on a teams attitude in which he knows nothing of. i dont get on here and say anything about any team and their attitudes, and i have played against every player in the district and know some of them quite well. his knowledge of siegel is very low, especially of the character of the players. his opinion is respected by me, however, but at the same time he needs to know more about the program before he jumps the gun on them.

I'm down with that. You're a good guy, that's why you don't talk about other teams' attitudes. I'm just saying that whether or not he knows the ins and outs of the Siegel program, he's still free to make as statement based on what he's seen. Not being from 7-AAA makes him less informed, but it also makes him more objective. You don't have to grasp the inner workings of a team to recognize bad conduct on the court. (not saying that's what happens at SHS).

From everyone I've heard that has seen the tape, Jimmy did nothing to deserve an ejection. I might be wrong seeing as I haven't viewd the tape and I wasn't at the game. But the bottom line is, getting on this thread and replying nothing but "siegel has a bad attitude so jimmy obviously deserved it" is complete bogus. J.O.'s rep of having a bad attitude has nothing to do with this call. If he deserved the ejection then so be it but from everyone I've heard from he didn't.

As for the Siegel cookeville game, I'm confident Siegel will pull out the win in a convincing fashion. We have at least three other players that are capable of leading this team.

I agree that past impressions shouldn't influence the way a game is called. But we all know its's going to happen, so an adept player or coach will realize that and adjust accordingly.

Aside from the issue of the ejection, are commander's points valid? From what I've seen I'm not sure, though I think there could be some truth in them.

Guest dare_2_dream

I'm down with that. You're a good guy, that's why you don't talk about other teams' attitudes. I'm just saying that whether or not he knows the ins and outs of the Siegel program, he's still free to make as statement based on what he's seen. Not being from 7-AAA makes him less informed, but it also makes him more objective. You don't have to grasp the inner workings of a team to recognize bad conduct on the court. (not saying that's what happens at SHS).

but at the same time, you cant get on here and discuss something in which you have little knowledge. i agree you dont have to know everything in order to see an attitude problem, but the more knowledge you have, the smarter you are. he knows very little about siegel and its attitude. if anyone knows the truth about what goes on at siegel and inside the players heads, its me. siegel has a team full of good guys, but you would never know it by the way people down them on here. siegel is hated, we get the point people.

...which is irrelevant to this discussion, whether it's true or not.

He didn't even mention the incident or whether or not it happened...he was just sharing his (objective) impression of Siegel. Who is to say he doesn't know what hes's talking about?

d2d I respect what you say on here, but I think you guys are starting to get a bit defensive. Maybe understandable considering people keep bringing it up, but still.

I'd really like to see the tape for myself. Is there any way I can get a hold of it?

Come to Cookeville, they must be giving copies out at Wal-Mart or something. I bet I have talked to a dozen people who have seen the tape

Guest dare_2_dream

I agree that past impressions shouldn't influence the way a game is called. But we all know its's going to happen, so an adept player or coach will realize that and adjust accordingly.

Aside from the issue of the ejection, are commander's points valid? From what I've seen I'm not sure, though I think there could be some truth in them.

he might have one valid point but thats about all i see. the statement about harris is so far off its insane. every coach gets on refs, thats part of the game. harris is mild compared to a lot of other coachs. he has disciplined many players, including myself, for their actions. he set out the 3 starting guards against blackman one game (roper, oden, and myself). we got smashed, but he didnt care. he sat us out to prove a point to us all, and took the loss along with the words people said to him. once again, he knows very small info about what goes on.

but at the same time, you cant get on here and discuss something in which you have little knowledge. i agree you dont have to know everything in order to see an attitude problem, but the more knowledge you have, the smarter you are. he knows very little about siegel and its attitude. if anyone knows the truth about what goes on at siegel and inside the players heads, its me. siegel has a team full of good guys, but you would never know it by the way people down them on here. siegel is hated, we get the point people.

Take it as a compliment; people always go after the big dogs.

I'm sure Siegel's team is made up of good guys; I serisously doubt that any team in 7-AAA is any different. We're talking about high school kids here, not street thugs.

He did qualify his statement by saying he's isn't a part of the district and hasn't seen them much.

If you went to see a school play for the first time, and in your opinion something stood out to you about the way they played, I don't think you would say, "Better not mention that on the boards. After all, I don't know them that well." Instead, you would give your opinion based on what you saw.

It is extremely possible for a player to be a nice guy off the court and have an attitude problem on it.

I don't think he said he wasn't from a town in 7AAA. I think he is and while I'm not going to comment on this till everything calms down, I think it might be wise to calm the rheteric down a few decibels as Commander1 knows of what he speaks and if the truth is known, has been there and made his share of coaching bobo's. He's just not spouting off. He knows how athletes should act.

Guest dare_2_dream

Take it as a compliment; people always go after the big dogs.

I'm sure Siegel's team is made up of good guys; I serisously doubt that any team in 7-AAA is any different. We're talking about high school kids here, not street thugs.

He did qualify his statement by saying he's isn't a part of the district and hasn't seen them much.

If you went to see a school play for the first time, and in your opinion something stood out to you about the way they played, I don't think you would say, "Better not mention that on the boards. After all, I don't know them that well." Instead, you would give your opinion based on what you saw.

It is extremely possible for a player to be a nice guy off the court and have an attitude problem on it.

i have seen a lot of different teams play this year (Hamilton, Ridgeway (2), BA (2), Mitchell (2)) but i dont get on here and say things i dont know a lot about. i could give my personal opinion on all of them but it wouldnt be very valid being as i dont know much about them. i guess its called respect and not running my mouth about something i know nothing about.

Well, the verdict wasn't NOT guilty. <_<

Absolutely correct. The verdict was neither guilty or not guilty. The verdict was on appeal that it is a judgement call by an official and so not subject to appeal. remember your the one that make a judgement as to guilty or not. Neither I nor the TSSAA made that determination. I have not seen the tape so I have no idea if he is guilty or not. The comment I have seen is that the official told the coach that Oden "balled his hand into a fist." That is all I know as far as Oden's actions go.

Edited by Dogstar