Steve Logsdon

CAM10

Urban mythes die hard.

Why wouldn't Bay or McC wink at those rules and then throw buckets of aid their way? I guess Jakesdad and Raider76 are just liars.

I realize you're asking a rhetorical question but since many on this board won't be able to recognize it as such I'll take a stab. If people think that parents paying full freight will endure their own talented or near talented kids riding the bench while students on scholarship play in front of them consistently, they're stark raving mad! How long do think it would take for those parents to remove their children from that environment. I don't pay $16K per year to watch teenage professional athletes play in front of my kids and I don't know a lot of parents whose egos would allow that to happen.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I did need incentive to go. My daughter wanted to go and I truely did not feel that I could afford it. I told the school when she applied that we could not come without assistance and I really did feel that way. The school felt differently and to date I haven't gotten a dime, however I have felt that it has been worth it.

That why you don't play poker!! Even Baylor could read thru your bluffs. You need a better poker face if you want to play the game. They knew you didn't need anything. Joe Rockerfeller

Sorry, I do have to work some of the time.

You're the one making the claims of all the big money discounts without offering up a single legitimate example. I'm the one saying that its an urban myth and obviously I wouldn't know anyone who can support your claims.

It's been my experience that the first year I sent my oldest it was more then I really imagined we could afford and it has gone up every year since.

Sorry Coach B for the thread highjack - Soms suckered me in again.

my bad. :ph34r: So what you're saying is that you yourself did not get a tuition discount for your daughter?