Bolivar Central (4 consecutive district titles)

sportstalkinMemphis

I've said it all yearand I will say it again, Bolivar won't win another state title.

Not that i disagree with you because i have been saying the same thing. I just want to know who your pick is to win it all and who do you think has the best shot to knock bolivar off??? I feel it's Mitchell because they are not only highly talented, they have quite a bit of depth as well, something bolivar lacks.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If those are three of the best, then the apocalypse may very well be upon us. It has been said that Page(the tall bald ref) called a three second call just after the ball crossed mid court in a game last year. By the way, who has authority over these refs anyway. They probably couldn't get rid of any of them even if they wanted to because not many people are waiting in line to be a ref!

Guys i know that the officating was bad. Just don't get on them too hard because i am in the northwest part of the state and the association that is here has much worse officals than the jackson association that is used by the jackson area. I know you don't believe it but the guys you all see are much more consistent than the ones in this part of the state.

We have played them both and Liberty has the better team, but there tournament experience is showing. Bolivar is tough, but not tough enough to go a 3 peat. They will be facing a LHS team that is growing stronger by each game. We had Bolivar up until the 4th period at their house. This time around, especially in our house, the Big Red Tigers will be in the regional championship.

Bolivar = NO 3 PEAT

LHS BIG RED TIGERS

Coach Gardner + Mack = GOLD BALL TIME

ummmm... are you joking? Lexington has almost no shot at the gold ball. I mean seriously. Even if they only face one of these teams, they'd get mauled by Bolivar, Liberty, Haywood, or Mitchell....no offense. LHS has a good squad, just not championship caliber this year.

Just wanted to post this for all those people on here who contend that Bolivar is down this year and those who constantly pick Liberty to beat Bolivar.

Little bit of information for you guys. Bolivar is 24-8 (w/ 5 of those losses coming to teams rank in the TOP 10 IN THE NATION!! On the other hand, Liberty has lost 3 games all year and guest what folks all 3 losses at the hand of Bolivar.

Just because Bolivar has 8 losses you'll think they're down this year. You have to look at the quality of opponents they have played. Bolivar's tough schedule has prepped them for another run at the gold ball folks which would make it a 3 peat.

Bolivar has Liberty's number folks. It's becoming a mental thing for the Crusaders. And that seemed evident from the game last nite with the ejection of the player for rough play on Kemp.

Just wanted to post this for all those who think the Tigers are still down?

Remember guys they're the 2-time defending champs and the Tigers are reaping the benefit of playin the best in the country during the regular season!!

Im a McMinn Central guy, but I felt I had to say somethin...to reiterate what you said, friend...Bolivar Central is the back to back defending state champions and will probably get them another one this year...they have 2 of the best players in the nation, both d1...they dont have to prove junk to nobody...

Im a McMinn Central guy, but I felt I had to say somethin...to reiterate what you said, friend...Bolivar Central is the back to back defending state champions and will probably get them another one this year...they have 2 of the best players in the nation, both d1...they dont have to prove junk to nobody...

Man, Please stop interrupting good trash talk with COMMON SENSE. :thumb:

Most of these people are living off these dreams of beating Bolivar.

"Oh, we're gonna get'em blah, blah, blah."

"It's at our house, blah, blah, blah"

"They are not as good this year, blah, blah, blah.

Man, Please stop interrupting good trash talk with COMMON SENSE. :thumb:

Most of these people are living off these dreams of beating Bolivar.

"Oh, we're gonna get'em blah, blah, blah."

"It's at our house, blah, blah, blah"

"They are not as good this year, blah, blah, blah.

Im just giving Bolivar props, thats all...however, I would not get too confident if I were you...Bolivar is a great team, but upsets happen...

We have played them both and Liberty has the better team, but there tournament experience is showing. Bolivar is tough, but not tough enough to go a 3 peat. They will be facing a LHS team that is growing stronger by each game. We had Bolivar up until the 4th period at their house. This time around, especially in our house, the Big Red Tigers will be in the regional championship.

Bolivar = NO 3 PEAT

LHS BIG RED TIGERS

Coach Gardner + Mack = GOLD BALL TIME

I seriously doubt it. This is y'alls last chance. What make you think you can beat bolivar. Y'all can't even get past liberty. So sit down and eat your popcorn the rest of the tournament.

I seriously doubt it. This is y'alls last chance. What make you think you can beat bolivar. Y'all can't even get past liberty. So sit down and eat your popcorn the rest of the tournament.

I can tell you this, Bolivar is playing wacky - Liberty I think went in maybe with a little cockiness, but I can tell you that Liberty is the better team. But I don't think you will get a chance to see them again my friend. Think about this, WE WERE AT YOUR HOUSE and kept the lead for almost the entire game. Maybe we lost that one, but it is going to be a whole different story at our house. It may be close but the Little General and Coach Gardner have the Tigers peaking at just the right time. Willie just might find out there is new sheriff in town. We will soon see.

THE BIG RED TIGERS - NO MERCY!!!!!!!!

Good luck to Bolivar the rest of the way...from what I hear, Liberty is nothing but a bunch of jerks so please if you play them again...show them who has the gold balls!!! (lol)

Listen Blue, This is from a Bolivar fan. I, like many other Bolivar people, said some real negative things about Liberty and their program after the game on Wednesday. I have seen Liberty play several times over the last 3 years. After thinking about it, maybe Wednesday night was a one-time thing. Liberty does defend the whole court with their press defense and I really think they foul a lot. However their overall depth allows them to do that. One thing I thought about is that for as much as I have seen Liberty and as hard as they play, I never thought they were a "dirty" team. The Liberty program has been "rocked" over the last two weeks by some unfortunate events. That coupled with some mistakes made by a couple of players really led to an ugly scene on Wednesday. I, along with many others said some things because, well, I was ticked off at the time. People make errors in judgement in the heat of the moment. After thinking about it, I made a mistake similar to Josh Irvin. No, I did not hurt anybody, but, well, I hope you get the idea. So, I would like to apologize to any Liberty fan whom I may have offended. And, as a Bolivar fan, I am asking people not to judge the Liberty program by one incident on Wednesday night or by what you read on this board.

Now for the 2nd time, I am asking both Bolivar fans and Liberty fans to keep this series on the court and not in the street. Let's show each other a little more respect because neither one of us is going anywhere.

Now, enjoy the Regional Tournaments.