Illegal recruiting

ironman55

On another thread, it is reported the Logsdon is returning to Bradley. As part of the package, it is reported that Tanner Johnson is transferring, or has already transferred, back to Bradley from Walker Valley. Is this true?

If this is true, is it illegal recruitment? If it is illegal recruitment, should Bradley get the “death penalty”?

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On another thread, it is reported the Logsdon is returning to Bradley. As part of the package, it is reported that Tanner Johnson is transferring, or has already transferred, back to Bradley from Walker Valley. Is this true?

If this is true, is it illegal recruitment? If it is illegal recruitment, should Bradley get the “death penalty”?

Don't you wish! Logsdon or Laxton would not be recruiting Tanner. However, Tanner has kept close with most of Bradley's wrestlers this year, as well has most of Bradley kids kept up with Tanner. He grew up with these guys and he shared many battles with them, I'm confident he has close ties and bonded with most of the team. Yeah, he got in trouble too many times and was off the team. So he went to WV to wrestle and has apparently "cleaned up his act".

I don't know if he has talked to Laxton or Logdson to see if he has a chance of coming back to wrestle. This season is over, maybe if he keeps his nose clean and works this summer, maybe he could be back. That's next season.

I do know that this is not part of the "package" as you stated- I'm sorry but you're way off base there. :thumb:

Bradley does not need to recruit to maintain its success, there's still plenty of horses in the barn! :angry:

As far as recruiting, why would it be OK for Tanner to go to WV, but not OK to go to Bradley. If its recruiting on the way back, would it not be recruiting on WV part to start with????

wow it would be awesome if bradley went down. then everyone else would have a chance.

or not.

thats a really cheap attempt. and not a very good rumor to start.

you think it could have something to do with tradition? the only things that i know about tanner johnson is that he is matt keller's relative (tradition), and he sat with bradley's team at traditionals (this does not include coach logsden). it looks to me like he wants to be there.

think

I'll gland that that Tanner has good friends at Bradley. It has noting to do with zoning.

Is he zoned for Walker Valley or Bradley? When your school does not offer a sport, you are allowed to join the program at another school. Now that WV has wrestling, why would he be allowed to transfer to Bradley?

Are any of the kids on the Bradley roster zoned for WV or for Cleveland HS?

I'll gland that that Tanner has good friends at Bradley. It has noting to do with zoning.

Is he zoned for Walker Valley or Bradley? When your school does not offer a sport, you are allowed to join the program at another school. Now that WV has wrestling, why would he be allowed to transfer to Bradley?

To be eligible, there must be a change of address, unless you sit out for season, its my understanding that his family has moved.

Aah, the zoning issue, hot topic. Both Bradley & WV are County schools, it has been accepted that if you provided your own transportation that you could still attend the school that you may not be "zoned" for. Particularly in the prospect & Hopewell areas. For example, most Prospect community kids are "zoned" for WV which is 14 miles away, where as Bradley is only 1-2 miles away. So the zoning issue has been skewed since WV came on board. The Administration(School board, Director) has been trying to force the zoning issue even though it is a little screwy. Like stating that Ocoee Middle is strictly the feeder for WV and Lake Forest is the feeder for Bradley. Yes that's true, however, how can you a force a kid to ride or bus or drive 13-14 miles versus 1-3????

My opinion, if a kid wants to go to a particular county school for whatever reason(Sports, band, clubs, academics) and he can provide the transportation, then he should be allowed to go without retribution. WV is well established now and the majority of Ocoee kids are going to WV, so if an Ocoee kid wants to attend Bradley, then so be it; as well as a Lake Forest kid attending WV should be allowed to so.

Is he zoned for Walker Valley or Bradley? undefined Now that WV has wrestling, why would he be allowed to transfer to Bradley?

What do you actually mean by the statement, "if your school doesn't offer a sport" that you want to play you can go to the school as a student and athlete or participate in that sport for that school, while being a student at another? Are you referring to the "co-op program", or something I'm not aware of?

What do you actually mean by the statement, "if your school doesn't offer a sport" that you want to play you can go to the school as a student and athlete or participate in that sport for that school, while being a student at another? Are you referring to the "co-op program", or something I'm not aware of?

I believe Mumfor and Brighton, on the far north side of Memphis has a similar arrangement. Aslo Eagleville and Riverdale HS in Rutherford Co.

My understanding is, most counties will allow a student to attend school A and play a sport at school B, if that sport is not offered at school A. It may required some paperwork to make it a "joint" program like Mumford and Brighton. Some counties allow home-schooled kids to participate in school activites even though they do not attend the school.

Edited by ironman55

My reason for asking is because, with TSSAA's approval, we have had wrestlers from school B wrestling with our team for approx. 4 yrs now. We have kids in our AAU program that are from school C and D in the county, that want to wrestle in HS, but there is no HS wrestling program at theirs. I have recently posed this question to RC and have received very vague responses back.

Simply put, can athletes from schools B, C, & D, all wrestle at school A at the same time, if they are in the same county and their "home" school doesn't offer it to them?

My reason for asking is because, with TSSAA's approval, we have had wrestlers from school B wrestling with our team for approx. 4 yrs now. We have kids in our AAU program that are from school C and D in the county, that want to wrestle in HS, but there is no HS wrestling program at theirs. I have recently posed this question to RC and have received very vague responses back.

Simply put, can athletes from schools B, C, & D, all wrestle at school A at the same time, if they are in the same county and their "home" school doesn't offer it to them?

you might be dangerous with a whole county to work with.