Illegal recruiting

ironman55

I'll just mention 3 names and see what becomes of it , (1) Casey Cothron (2) Damon Floyd (3) Shawn Cordell

urban myth starting here:

Damon Floyd was offered the head coaching job of the football team if he would transfer to Bradley from Red Bank, way back when it happened. Yes, Bradley is that smart and that good at looking forward.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got this first hand and he did not hold back. He seemed greatly inconvenienced and bothered from what he was saying.

My take from Mr. Cordell, and considering the situation, was that the TSSAA was trying to do their due diligence in making sure no gray areas popped up and an appearance of lenience or double standards toward D1 schools didn't develop. I'm convinced that this was an out-of-the-norm situation given previous gripes over D2 issues & the need to monitor the transfer of one with "multi-state champ" Cordell's talent level and previous success over the county line at RB.

Student funding concerns for county and/or city transfers (edit: with residence outside of school zones) should not be as sticky a situation as going into other counties, which is obvious in my opinion. The real challenge is being consistent on whether one sits out a season or not at HS level. Matt Keller exceptions or otherwise could easily be applied.

Soms

Edited by Sommers

Don't know any of the details but if your story is accurate TSSAA is way out of bounds here. Who is TSSAA to tell someone where they can own property ? I would say any family could rent a house in one county while owning one in another. A family may wish to maintain two or more residences and it shouldn't be any of TSSAA's business.

Maj, your assumption that the TSSAA can not tell you where to live is correct but they can tell you if your son is eligible to wrestle.

Now that is has been established that Bradley has recruited wrestlers from other schools, not just once but multiple times, they should drop their ban on scheduling DII schools. Surely, they cannot hold a grudge against DII schools for doing something they themselves do.

What has been established? Where did you find a recruit in this thread? Get real Ironman. Your losing your mind and looking silly in all this.

Hey Ironman I saw Dustin Catlett at Bradley's Wrestling room today. I'll bet he is working up a deal for his younger brother to go to bradley and wrestle. Maybe you should stake out his house and get some proof. Then you could shut down the whole program.

Edited by LovinIt