District 6A Results

salecreekrules

Ok guys, everyone on this board can shut your mouths about Sale Creek sucking it up, because they played their best basketball of any of their careers against Hardy and CSAS. They had an awesome game against the Patriots, only losing by 5. Also, if they play the way that they played against CSAS and Richard Hardy in the regions against Temple, then they have a really good chance to beat them.

I understand that the Panthers played bad against Whitwell in the consalation game, but that bogus last second call ruined the game for everyone. For those not in attendance, James Hankins made a three at the buzzer that would have tied the game, and the referee called the first three seconds of the game as the ball went in. The crowd booed the refs off of the court. Give me your thoughts.

Ok guys, everyone on this board can shut your mouths about Sale Creek sucking it up, because they played their best basketball of any of their careers against Hardy and CSAS. They had an awesome game against the Patriots, only losing by 5. Also, if they play the way that they played against CSAS and Richard Hardy in the regions against Temple, then they have a really good chance to beat them.

I understand that the Panthers played bad against Whitwell in the consalation game, but that bogus last second call ruined the game for everyone. For those not in attendance, James Hankins made a three at the buzzer that would have tied the game, and the referee called the first three seconds of the game as the ball went in. The crowd booed the refs off of the court. Give me your thoughts.

First, I want you salecreekrules, and every other sale creek biased fan that gets on here to know that if you're going to boast about how good your team is and how much they've improved then you better be ready to accept the criticism that follows. I'm sick of this attitude that you deserve accolades but constructive critiscism is unacceptable.

What was witnessed Friday in McEwen Gym wasn't basketball, it was an embarassment. Sale Creek didn't come out with the intentions to play with any fire or any intensity, they wanted Whitwell to lay down just because a few days before they had given CSAS a game. Instead of coming out looking to put the same kind of pressure on Whitwell that they put on CSAS they came out flat and stagnant on defense. Instead of getting their butts down and their hands out, they are content to handcheck and roll the red carpet out to the basket. There was flat out no effort on defense -- I would hate to think that I was 6ft or taller and I would allow a 5'7 wingman to post me up on the block and score on me. That is just a lack of pride. If a player cannot find it with himself to put it all on the line and guard someone with intensity, then maybe that player needs to be sitting on the bench taking stats.

Compliments to the coach for pulling the starters and putting the JV in during a stretch in the 3rd quarter. That really got Sale Creek into the game. I like what I saw out of Travis Hodge. Not only did he get a clutch 5 points that gave them a lift, he was also crashing the boards on defense, harder then I anyone else I saw on Sale Creeks team. I was also very impressed with James Hankins. He stepped it up for Sale Creek during the tournament and he is the one truly deserving of any kind of award for tournament play. To not give him an award for his play is biased and whoever decides upon the awards should be ashamed of themselves because he was robbed. And on his 3 pointer, yes I agree that the three seconds in the lane call was bogus since there was only 1 seconds left, but when the shot left his hands the buzzer had already went off so it would not have counted anyways.

The Sale Creek fans shouldn't of been booing the officals; they should of been booing the players for giving the fan base such a poor effort and cheating them out of their hard earned money.

First, I want you salecreekrules, and every other sale creek biased fan that gets on here to know that if you're going to boast about how good your team is and how much they've improved then you better be ready to accept the criticism that follows. I'm sick of this attitude that you deserve accolades but constructive critiscism is unacceptable.

What was witnessed Friday in McEwen Gym wasn't basketball, it was an embarassment. Sale Creek didn't come out with the intentions to play with any fire or any intensity, they wanted Whitwell to lay down just because a few days before they had given CSAS a game. Instead of coming out looking to put the same kind of pressure on Whitwell that they put on CSAS they came out flat and stagnant on defense. Instead of getting their butts down and their hands out, they are content to handcheck and roll the red carpet out to the basket. There was flat out no effort on defense -- I would hate to think that I was 6ft or taller and I would allow a 5'7 wingman to post me up on the block and score on me. That is just a lack of pride. If a player cannot find it with himself to put it all on the line and guard someone with intensity, then maybe that player needs to be sitting on the bench taking stats.

Compliments to the coach for pulling the starters and putting the JV in during a stretch in the 3rd quarter. That really got Sale Creek into the game. I like what I saw out of Travis Hodge. Not only did he get a clutch 5 points that gave them a lift, he was also crashing the boards on defense, harder then I anyone else I saw on Sale Creeks team. I was also very impressed with James Hankins. He stepped it up for Sale Creek during the tournament and he is the one truly deserving of any kind of award for tournament play. To not give him an award for his play is biased and whoever decides upon the awards should be ashamed of themselves because he was robbed. And on his 3 pointer, yes I agree that the three seconds in the lane call was bogus since there was only 1 seconds left, but when the shot left his hands the buzzer had already went off so it would not have counted anyways.

The Sale Creek fans shouldn't of been booing the officals; they should of been booing the players for giving the fan base such a poor effort and cheating them out of their hard earned money.

Ok, I didnt need all of that stuff about Sale Creek was an embarrassment, I had already mentioned that they played bad, and yes you were right, they should be ashamed.

But, may I ask, were you at the game? Did you see for yourself the TERRIBLE officiating (on both sides)? If not, then I dont want to hear your critisizm of the fans for booing the officials. We did play horrible, but I still would've payed to see Sale Creek play even if I had known that the outcome would be like it was.

Yes you are right, Hankins really did step up and the JV going in the 3rd quarter was a little mind boggling when it happened, but it ended up paying off.

I agree this was a very ugly game.....you gotta win the ugly ones and i guess we were fortunate enough to win that one......officiating was very "inconsistent" i guess you would say............this has been a good match up the last two years since both schools got new coaches with whitwell winning 2 of 2 last year and 2 of 3 this year....but the two teams seem to be evenly matched athletically i guess

I agree this was a very ugly game.....you gotta win the ugly ones and i guess we were fortunate enough to win that one......officiating was very "inconsistent" i guess you would say............this has been a good match up the last two years since both schools got new coaches with whitwell winning 2 of 2 last year and 2 of 3 this year....but the two teams seem to be evenly matched athletically i guess

You are right whsTigerfan, the schools do match up well now, and probly well into the future. That showing against Temple was pathetic. As a student of Sale Creek I can "UNBIASLY" say that Sale Creek played pidiful.

But the thing about it is, Sale Creek outmatches this team (Whitwell) athletically but they still lose to them. It doens't make logical sense to me, how you can play the 2-3 zone against a bigger, faster team in CSAS, yet when you play Whitwell which is (no offense) a slower, smaller team they play you out of it and force you to go to a man to man. To watch Marcus Manning post stronger, taller players and cause them to get into foul trouble, physically made me sick.

The loss last night against Temple cannot be blamed against any players on Sale Creek's team. It was evident after the first quarter last night that Sale Creek was simply outclassed by Temple. Temple was playing a higher level of basketball. They were moving the ball well, finding the open man for uncontested shots, then on the defensive end they were trapping the inbounds pass, running full court man to man, contesting every shot, getting in the passing lanes, I was THROUGHLY impressed with Temple and after the display they put on last night, I would be surprissed if they don't win it all. Another great coaching job by Wadley to get the team clicking when it matters most.

If I'm a Sale Creek basketball player, I think I have to step back from the game and focus on this season and espically the game last night and I have to realize that if I want to have any semblance of a successful season, that I have to make a commitment to bettering myself. Because like I said above, last night it looked as if Temple was on a complete different level then Sale Creek & that shouldn't be possible, this is high school kids we're talking about.

It would also be smart for Sale Creek to look to schedule Temple for 2 regular season games next season if possible, because Temple will be the biggest competition next year, espically with Temple returning their whole starting lineup.