LAKE COUNTY VS. UNION CITY

bballchamps

for the record, lc was given an amount of tickets and had to send half of them back because they couldn't sell them. and you cannot show up at any game with that much importance 10 minutes before tipoff and expect a good seat or parking space. spare me the crying. isn't it time for football practice?

Smart ALeck Comments like that is what keeps the hate going. If your parking lot and gymn held more than ten cars like most gymns in the state than it wouldnt be a problem. I tried to be polite but your jerky comments raised my irk!! Your administration should have warned us with urgency that it would be a problem but continue with the comments you'll never know what it is like to be good in two sports!!! O wait three if you count girls basketball also!! Now, go back and crawl under your rock on the mississippi line or if you like try to be more polite and I will turn down the mean as well.

CC

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

for the record, lc was given an amount of tickets and had to send half of them back because they couldn't sell them. and you cannot show up at any game with that much importance 10 minutes before tipoff and expect a good seat or parking space. spare me the crying. isn't it time for football practice?

You're right..Most Lake Co people have been raised to stay out of barns..So half the people stayed home..But they were all at Trenton..

Where is bigster at. All the smack that him and the LC fans have been talking? I'm a M-town fan to the core, but sometimes a $5 mouth can overload a nickel toe I think that the only reason that i'm glad Lc lost is so we won't have to hear the tired old crap about our gym is small, the refs cheated us, sun was in my eyes, etc. from LC. When and if you guys when 3 in the boro, then talk smack.

I'm not hiding..Lake Co had a great year..We have played 35 games this year and finally found out that we don't know how to dribble according to one official..We scored 4 points the first quarter because basically we couldn't ever shoot..About 8 times down the floor in the first quarter,we were called for traveling by the same official just about every time..Then Tony Tyler has two fouls called on him in about 4 minutes of the 1st quarter and Jay Warlick had 4 fouls called on him before the first half and I knew then,,we may be in trouble..But..we played hard and came back and had a chance to win..Had we been playing Middleton ,we probably would have still won,but U.C. has a great team adn Humboldt does as well..So..I'll be cheering for them as well as for Middle College..

Edited by mrbigster

I'm glad Union City won last night...It was a struggle that shouldn't have been.....Union City did not take advantage of a first half in which up only 23-15,it should have been 43-15.....Union City turned the ball over and over and over again,many times unforced....Could not buy a field goal...How about those two layups Mosely missed???...If Union City plays this way Thursday,they will be on the road for a sub-state game.....Of course,if Humboldt stinks it up like they did last night,we may have another winner by attrition like we had last night.....Halls is the same team Union City just got finished destroying 76-48 last week,right???..For the life of me,I can't figure out what was up with Lake County last night....Don't start on the refs,those guys didn't put up with any crap from either team.....Yes,the foul descrepency was noticeable...Did Union City do anything with it???...Hardly,only Weddle being money in the bank from the line...Thank goodness for Marquis...He is a very,very good player...34 points out of 66..He is the man.....he scored 64 points in his two games against Lake County...So much for any gimmick defenses....

I predicted Lake County would win the game.....Had the Falcons won the game,we would still be talking about Shane's lack in coaching the big game...I still don't think he did that great of a job...Union City was absolutely horrid in clock management.....He kept Xavier in the game right before half to pick up his third foul...Matter of fact put him back in after taking him out...X picked up his third with about a minute to go before half....Could not calm his team down in a critical stretch in the final period....Up 52-36 and about to run the Falcons out of the gym again,Lake County goes on a 12-1 in less than a minute and a half....Does UC practice free throw shooting???....Only Weddle at 82% and M.J.Brown at 72% hit a lick from the line...And Brown only hit what, 4 out of 12 last night..... Anyway,a win is a win,but if Union City wants to advance past the sub-state round,last nights game needs to be the worst they play....

I think Union City will win Thursday night.....Union City 68 Humboldt 63

Most of those turnovers were from Lake Co's defense..Lake Co played very good defense..Union City had the ball so much in the first half because of all the traveling calls against Lake Co..If one team only shoots at the basket 2 times and the other teams gets to shoot 15 times,I'm pretty sure who should be in the lead..As far as free throws..Lake Co probably missed over 10 in the last quarter alone...Now,about the game as a whole..TYou are right..I would be hard to not have noticed the foul discrepancy...Tony Tyler had two fouls called on him in the first 3 or 4 minutes..Kevin Copeland a couple,Channen Geanes a coupleSpringer a couple,and Jay Warlick was called for 4 fouls in the 1st half...I believe U.C. had about 3 fouls called on them...Warlick and Geanes fouled out early in the 4th quarter with the game still in doubt...I knew we were in trouble the first 3 minutes of the game when Tony Tyler and Jay Warlick both had 2 fouls called on them...Take Weddle and Robinson out of the game that early and U.C. would be in trouble also..But..Congrats to U.C...I knew going in it would be a tough team to beat as is Humboldt...I believe both these teams have the talent to bring the gold ball home...Good luck to both teams and show everyone just how tough our district is!

Most of those turnovers were from Lake Co's defense..Lake Co played very good defense..Union City had the ball so much in the first half because of all the traveling calls against Lake Co..If one team only shoots at the basket 2 times and the other teams gets to shoot 15 times,I'm pretty sure who should be in the lead..As far as free throws..Lake Co probably missed over 10 in the last quarter alone...Now,about the game as a whole..TYou are right..I would be hard to not have noticed the foul discrepancy...Tony Tyler had two fouls called on him in the first 3 or 4 minutes..Kevin Copeland a couple,Channen Geanes a coupleSpringer a couple,and Jay Warlick was called for 4 fouls in the 1st half...I believe U.C. had about 3 fouls called on them...Warlick and Geanes fouled out early in the 4th quarter with the game still in doubt...I knew we were in trouble the first 3 minutes of the game when Tony Tyler and Jay Warlick both had 2 fouls called on them...Take Weddle and Robinson out of the game that early and U.C. would be in trouble also..But..Congrats to U.C...I knew going in it would be a tough team to beat as is Humboldt...I believe both these teams have the talent to bring the gold ball home...Good luck to both teams and show everyone just how tough our district is!

well considering 2 of UC's key players fouled out i would have to say that the fouls were called pretty evenly

well considering 2 of UC's key players fouled out i would have to say that the fouls were called pretty evenly

Yeah, but Weddle fouled out with 29 seconds left. That is a little different than fouling out with 5 minutes left. But, of course I don't know why Coach Whitby kept whoever it was in the game the first half when he had three fouls (he eventually got four before the end of the first half).

I'm glad Union City won last night...It was a struggle that shouldn't have been.....Union City did not take advantage of a first half in which up only 23-15,it should have been 43-15.....Union City turned the ball over and over and over again,many times unforced....Could not buy a field goal...How about those two layups Mosely missed???...If Union City plays this way Thursday,they will be on the road for a sub-state game.....Of course,if Humboldt stinks it up like they did last night,we may have another winner by attrition like we had last night.....Halls is the same team Union City just got finished destroying 76-48 last week,right???..For the life of me,I can't figure out what was up with Lake County last night....Don't start on the refs,those guys didn't put up with any crap from either team.....Yes,the foul descrepency was noticeable...Did Union City do anything with it???...Hardly,only Weddle being money in the bank from the line...Thank goodness for Marquis...He is a very,very good player...34 points out of 66..He is the man.....he scored 64 points in his two games against Lake County...So much for any gimmick defenses....

I predicted Lake County would win the game.....Had the Falcons won the game,we would still be talking about Shane's lack in coaching the big game...I still don't think he did that great of a job...Union City was absolutely horrid in clock management.....He kept Xavier in the game right before half to pick up his third foul...Matter of fact put him back in after taking him out...X picked up his third with about a minute to go before half....Could not calm his team down in a critical stretch in the final period....Up 52-36 and about to run the Falcons out of the gym again,Lake County goes on a 12-1 in less than a minute and a half....Does UC practice free throw shooting???....Only Weddle at 82% and M.J.Brown at 72% hit a lick from the line...And Brown only hit what, 4 out of 12 last night..... Anyway,a win is a win,but if Union City wants to advance past the sub-state round,last nights game needs to be the worst they play....

I think Union City will win Thursday night.....Union City 68 Humboldt 63

Why do you have to keep ragging on Sisco??? Like you said a win is a win, but didnt Whitby keep Warlick in during the first half to pick up his 4th? Why don't you say something about that? Sisco can only do so much for his team. He can't play for them; he can't prevent them from turning the ball over to a point. Yes, he can tell them what to do and how to do it, but the players have to do what he says. He can't shoot their free throws for them.

What do you think about the 1-2-2 defense? Personally, I thought that it was genius. When is the last time that UC has played a defense besides man for more than 3 or 4 possessions in a row. Maybe on imbounds sometimes, but hardly ever.

But, it is over now, so congrats to UC and LC on awesome seasons, and we all know that UC and Humboldt will represent us well. (Thursday's game could be a preview of the state championship game...just a thought.)

Why do you have to keep ragging on Sisco??? Like you said a win is a win, but didnt Whitby keep Warlick in during the first half to pick up his 4th? Why don't you say something about that? Sisco can only do so much for his team. He can't play for them; he can't prevent them from turning the ball over to a point. Yes, he can tell them what to do and how to do it, but the players have to do what he says. He can't shoot their free throws for them.

What do you think about the 1-2-2 defense? Personally, I thought that it was genius. When is the last time that UC has played a defense besides man for more than 3 or 4 possessions in a row. Maybe on imbounds sometimes, but hardly ever.

But, it is over now, so congrats to UC and LC on awesome seasons, and we all know that UC and Humboldt will represent us well. (Thursday's game could be a preview of the state championship game...just a thought.)

Same for me..We didn't make it ..plain and simple..I knew it was going to be a tough loss for either team..Congrats to U.C...I believe either U.C. and Humboldt has a great chance to bring it home..And..I wouldn't count out the loser of the regional championship..Either of the teams could travel and win and have the talent to go all the way...I'll be at the game tomorrow to see a great game between two outstanding teams..

Are you trying to say that LAKE COUNTY is NOT even top 15? What have you been smokin?? As I recall we were NUMBER ONE in our district I think we were number what? 4? in the state? Not to sure but I believe so!!!

I hate to tell you this. Lake County is not better than the STARTING 5 of Union City. The only time you all beat Union City was the night Marquis, X, Tony, and Marque Evans were all out! And quess what that means YOUR STARTING FIVE IS ONLY 4 POINTS BETTER THAN UNION CITY'S B TEAM