Sullivan Central Wind D1AAA Championship Over Science Hill

brock20

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It could be that we acept our defeat and don't jump on the internet to make excuses or blast the officials for calling a bad game.

Or maybe we're justing steping back and letting u'all bask in the limelight. This moment does not come around very often for you, so it's only fair.

Waco, please quit acting like DB is on some other level than we are. We went to State last year, and have been to the sub-state 2 out of the last 3 years. DB didn't even make Regionals last year. So stop acting like you

Omar has gotten 6 scholarship offers. OFFERS. That means he can verbally commit RIGHT NOW if he wanted to. these are the schools. UTC, ETSU, MTSU, TENN TECH, APPY ST,and SOUTHERN ILLINOIS. SIU was on national T.V. today just to let you know. Oh yeah Wattad lit it up in the Arbys, great players step up in against good competition. He is the only player around here that can do his thing against competition like the Classic

Why don't he commit then?? great players don't just step it up against good competition, they take over the game, they dominate no matter who they play. Omar is the best player in the Big 9....put him up against the guys at Oak Hill...7 guys who have already committed to BIG D1 schools and lets see what he does. I ain't talking about ETSU, UTC, Tenn Tech or Appy State...I am talking the BIG D1 schools. Omar is good, but those guys are on a different level.....but Omar is just a Jr. He's got all summer to get that much bigger, that much better, and much smoother.

I am not taking anything away from him.

Omar is a good player..I don't have a thing against the guy or Science Hill...he is the best overall player in the conference hands down. In my opinion right now...this year, there is no way he is a D1 prospect. There is not a D1 prospect in this conference. HE WILL IMPROVE OVER THE SUMMER, and he may be a legit D1 prospect next year...but the people who are talking D1 for Omar based on this years play are crazy. You want to see real D1 prospects play basketball, then you need to watch teams like Oak Hill or Brentwood, or teams from outside this area that were in the Arby's...those legit D1 guys are smooth and they stand out....

Having said all that..I have not seen Wiggins play...I get it from a good source that he is legit D1...smooth as silk is what I hear...

Javaris Crittenton.... the number sixteen player in the nation. Omar threw his shot in the stands with the clock winding down, giving SHHS the win over Southwest Atlanta Christian. Science Hill may have lost some games to local teams, but they can also step up their game and hang with teams that have great players. Science Hill plays a transitional game, and it is effective against teams that play on a higher level. Teams here in the Big nine play on a slower level and teams that can shoot... like Central will beat Science Hill if SHHS tries to play their game with them. Science Hill can not beat Central just by shooting three pointers. They should have pounded it down low. Central has no height, and not players that could stop Crowder or Lauderback. Yes, Central was shooting the lights out of the gym, but there was no reason that SHHS should try to match that. No one on Cental's team could stop SHHS's post players. Their tallest player is six three or something. That is the height of our shortest post player. Pounding it down low would eventually get Hess and Buchanon is trouble, and there goes Central's hope of winning.

Javaris Crittenton.... the number sixteen player in the nation. Omar threw his shot in the stands with the clock winding down, giving SHHS the win over Southwest Atlanta Christian. Science Hill may have lost some games to local teams, but they can also step up their game and hang with teams that have great players. Science Hill plays a transitional game, and it is effective against teams that play on a higher level. Teams here in the Big nine play on a slower level and teams that can shoot... like Central will beat Science Hill if SHHS tries to play their game with them. Science Hill can not beat Central just by shooting three pointers. They should have pounded it down low. Central has no height, and not players that could stop Crowder or Lauderback. Yes, Central was shooting the lights out of the gym, but there was no reason that SHHS should try to match that. No one on Cental's team could stop SHHS's post players. Their tallest player is six three or something. That is the height of our shortest post player. Pounding it down low would eventually get Hess and Buchanon is trouble, and there goes Central's hope of winning.

Why does everyone think that SH is a "run and gun" team while Central is not? If there is ANY team in this area that likes to get up and down the court it is Central. I have no idea what team has the highest PPG average in this area but I would think Central is near the top. Since Coach Vaughn has been at Central his philosophy has been to try and outscore your opponents even if it means giving up a little on defense, and it has worked for him so far. Central has 2 1000 point scorers (Gabe and Phil) and another with around 800 (Hess). How many teams in this area have that? Just because Central doesn't look like a typical running team doesn't mean they aren't.

And are you actually suggesting that the reason SH lost is because they weren't challenged enough?!? Give me a break, if they couldn't get up for the biggest game of the year for either team so far then they are going to have a tough time in the regional.

Anyone that seen the Arby's knows that Crittenton was on a totally different level than Omar. Omar blocked his shot, WOW. How's this...Weatherford pretty much locked Omar down in the district. Does that mean Phil should be a D1 prospect now?

What does Sullivan Central have that would make me shake in my boots. Science Hill has not had crap since George Pitts left the program. Sullivan Central will not win the the State Championship period. You have nothing but rednecks who are stupid and the cannot write there names or tie the shoes. So shut up choir boy.

Um, who said that Sullivan Central was gonna win State? Not me and I don't think any other Cougar fans said it. YET. Sullivan Central has several things that would make you shake in your boots, If you were a ball player that is. So why don't you shut your mouth and sit up in the stands with your popcorn and propel and watch the Cougars show the D2 teams how it's done at Regionals. Ohhh wait!! You'll be at home watching the Heels get their butts whipped. Heel yeah!! Go HEELS.

Choir boy, hah that's funny. If you only knew :thumb: Come and see me at Regionals and I'll sing you a song and show you how I can tie my shoes. HEEL YEAH!

GO COUGARS!

Waco, please quit acting like DB is on some other level than we are. We went to State last year, and have been to the sub-state 2 out of the last 3 years. DB didn't even make Regionals last year. So stop acting like you

Easy there big fella. The Tribe has been to the State 2 out of the last three years. (2 conference titles, 2 Region Titles and 2 sub-state wins). There's still a lot of hoops to be played before you beat your chest too loudly. Oh, and all-time wins/conference titles/head-to-head/region titles/sub-state titles/state tournaments?????? shhhhhhh, that's better.

Easy there big fella. The Tribe has been to the State 2 out of the last three years. (2 conference titles, 2 Region Titles and 2 sub-state wins). There's still a lot of hoops to be played before you beat your chest too loudly. Oh, and all-time wins/conference titles/head-to-head/region titles/sub-state titles/state tournaments?????? shhhhhhh, that's better.

If you read my post you would see that I did not say that you all haven't done good as well. A couple DB fans (Waco) make the whole program look terrible.

If I recall, McCann swatted Crowder's shot? Then, "Slick Nick" goes down and tries to take a cheap shot at him. We didn't even shoot that well tonight. Heck, we missed our first 5 shots. Science Hill's 77.2 PPG to Central's 74.6. We must play that slow game you were talking about.