Region6-2a Spring Scrimmages

Lions4ever

Who has scrimmaged already this spring and who is looking good?

Camden scrimmaged Milan friday nite and looked ready to continue the winning tradition started by Coach Ward. Although I did not get to go I understand that Byron Boyd is more than ready to fill big brother Josh's shoes. Milan had no answer for B and he made big runs on nearly every carry. It looks like hard work in the weight room is paying off and both lines have the potential of being even better than last years. I look for the Lions to once again be the team to beat in 6-2a!

camden did look pretty dang good friday,even though it was just a scrimmiage game.camden looked pretty solid on both sides of the ball.what most impressed me was the play of the lines(both sides),and spencer berry,combs,plant.the passing attack will be a vital part of the game plan next year.

I'm glad to hear it...I knew that group would be something to see. I can't wait till we get to turn on the Friday Night Lights again!

Guest catfish-hunter

If they spanked Milan then they'll be pretty good. Milan is going to be loaded this year, but the big question in Bulldog Country is whether or not they get over that "Huntingdon Hurdle". As for Region 6-2A I'd have to say that the preseason favorite is going to be Lewis Co. I expect Camden and Richland to both be in the hunt for a region title as well.

First thing, Camden didn't WHIP Milan. THey did win (if you can call a scrimmage a win), yes, but it was only 2-0 when the first squad came out. Now, im not trying to take anything away from our boys, they looked good.

I was mostly impressed with the way our secondary played. I expected our D and O lines to perform like they did, but I didn't expect to see the seconday defend the pass so well. They were coming up and making hits and we pulled out an interception and batted some balls down. I think Milan only completed one pass, and most of they yards came on QB draws and such. Linebackers were quick and to the ball. The TEAM physicality is a notch or two higher than last year.

With Josh Boyd gone, the runningbacks were by commitee. Everyone who carried the ball looked pretty good.... We gotta make sure we get the snap to the QB tho.

It was a good showing, but we'll have to see what we do against Martin before we start celebrating. Let's keep our expectations realistic, and not put too much pressure on these boys. They'll do fine. I can't wait to head over to martin westview!

Lewis Co. scrimmaged Bruceton Friday and the score was 4-3 Bruceton - Main Teams

Based on that, I don't think that Lewis County will be the team to beat in the region. They were big, but not that impressive in the skilled positions. I havn't seen Camden but based on their run in the playoffs against that tough DCA team, and having Byron Boyd as RB I feel they are definitely the team to beat in Region 6-2A.

But as someone else said, it was only a scrimmage. There was a lot of good hitting on both sides of the ball. Bruceton looks much improved.

Just throwing that out there to be computed by those of you counting down the minutes until kick off the last week in August.

Lewis Co. scrimmaged Bruceton Friday and the score was 4-3 Bruceton - Main Teams

Based on that, I don't think that Lewis County will be the team to beat in the region. They were big, but not that impressive in the skilled positions. I havn't seen Camden but based on their run in the playoffs against that tough DCA team, and having Byron Boyd as RB I feel they are definitely the team to beat in Region 6-2A.

But as someone else said, it was only a scrimmage. There was a lot of good hitting on both sides of the ball. Bruceton looks much improved.

Just throwing that out there to be computed by those of you counting down the minutes until kick off the last week in August.

As we've all said, they are just scrimmages and a lot can happen between now and the start of the season....Regardless of how Lewis Co played believe me all the 6-2a teams would be fools to take them for granted. The Lions learned that the hard way last season :thumb: This region will definitely be much more competitive and I'm looking forward to some seriously smash-mouth ball come August! :thumb:

sounds like region 6-2a teams our doing very well this spring i know that Riverside scrimmaged Collinwood and the score of the main teams was 3-2 collinwood, Riverside did lose alot last year and know they are working hard in the weight room and looking for people to fill the spots that are open. i can't wait till region play starts next year!