Halls vs. Bearden & Powell vs. William-Blount

hallsroundball06

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sharp scored 28 of the 39 points last night how about that for no supporting cast.

Cameron Sharp is a player and Halls will be the team to beat next year when Sharp ,Cantrell,Segers and Varner are seniors. Cooper will just be a junior. Seems like Halls lacked a backup guard for Segers and Sharp this year. Maybe a Freshman or Sophomore will step up and fill that void.

My bold prediction Monday night Halls will surprise Bearden. Bearden have not been the same since Tony White Jr got hurt late in the season. If Clay Segers and Zach Cantrell helps Cameron out in scoring they will win close. If Cameron is a one man show again well we just won't go there.

Matt Hargis is a good player but Cameron Sharp is just a special player. One Halls hasn't seen for some time. He is a bundle of energy. But basketball is a team sport and everyone has to do their part. Unfortunately against Powell friday night nobody wanted to step up and do that part.

powell and halls will both lose, so give it up! but, i will have to say that sharp is twice the player hargis is, and i would want him running my team! no doubt.

who do you think you are kid!!! Cameron Sharp is a player but he has nothing on Jared Laveridere of AC. He can flat out handle the rock and can get his shot off whenever he wants to. I tell you what he has got Sharpe down low on the block to try and he can step out and shoot the trey from way down town. I tell you what, Ole Goldie needs to step it up. He needs to get to the block and throw down the hammer...actually I don't think he can jump that high. He needs to learn how to use his height and dominate the block. I think that the coaches really need to do a better job of developing their big men. I think that Eldridge does a great job of the talent that he has. I think however it begins at the Freshman level. I think the success of the program begins with the development of the younger players and that all goes back by to coaching. I think Coach Lollar was a fine ball player when he played at Maryville but he needs to step up his level of coaching and get with the program. I think that the Mavs will be alright in the long run and hopefully can make a surprise run in the region. Go MAVS!!!

who do you think you are kid!!! Cameron Sharp is a player but he has nothing on Jared Laveridere of AC. He can flat out handle the rock and can get his shot off whenever he wants to. I tell you what he has got Sharpe down low on the block to try and he can step out and shoot the trey from way down town. I tell you what, Ole Goldie needs to step it up. He needs to get to the block and throw down the hammer...actually I don't think he can jump that high. He needs to learn how to use his height and dominate the block. I think that the coaches really need to do a better job of developing their big men. I think that Eldridge does a great job of the talent that he has. I think however it begins at the Freshman level. I think the success of the program begins with the development of the younger players and that all goes back by to coaching. I think Coach Lollar was a fine ball player when he played at Maryville but he needs to step up his level of coaching and get with the program. I think that the Mavs will be alright in the long run and hopefully can make a surprise run in the region. Go MAVS!!!

why dont you just go start your own AC post. why are you on here talking about the MAVS? get on your tractor and go plow your field. what do you know about basketball?

Lets get back to the subject.

Halls Bearden: A battle of perimeter players. Both teams have excellent outside players. Bearden has a slight edge over all. Sharp and White must be held in check. If either one goes off for 30 + the other team is in trouble. The team that gets the most from their inside players will have an advantage. Halls is better inside. Look for Varner to come up big. Didn't Halls beat them in the tourney last year? Halls if they make F.T.'s down the stretch.

Powell and W.B. Did Powell peak last weak? If they are still on the way up W.B. is in big trouble. Smith is playing big like he should, Hargis is a very good Ptg, and the rest of the group is making significant contributions. I am not familiar with W.B.'s personel but they have a great Coach so they will be prepared and they didn't come in second during the regular season for nothing. I think Powell will advance barely. But if they over looking the Govs they are in big trouble.

Maryville Clinton. I will keep it short and sweet. Maryville this will be the end of the road. Clinton will not play as bad as they did last week.

O.R. and Farragut. O.R. Big!!!!

3 AAA sweep! Its ashame they have to drive to Sevier Co. to finish the tournament.

First game at 5:00. Looks like another late night for me.

Its ashame they have to drive to Sevier Co. to finish the tournament.

First game at 5:00. Looks like another late night for me.

I know the folks at Sevier County are doing their best in putting on a good event, but having the region at Sevier County - and especially with neither Sevier County team qualifying - is really going to cut down on the attendence. Last night was as small a crowd as i've seen at a region 2 tourney session in the last 4 or 5 years. That's just a hard drive for the fans of most of the teams who qualified to make. The hard core fans are going to come, but a lot of "casual" fans who might have come if it were a bit closer likely won't make the drive.

How can you say he doesn't step up? Halls beat Clinton, who beat Halls twice by an average of 10 points, so, I guess Clinton stepped down? How about that TDS Telecom Championship game, Cameron and the whole team stepped it up, winning the championship, on a last second shot by who? Cameron Sharp....the fact is that Cameron and the team step's it up in clutch situations and important games, any player in any sport who doesn't step it up is idiotic....Sharp is better than Hargis, hand's down.

I guess there could be different versions of what the definition of "better" is..BUT hands down....Matt Hargis is so much more of a TEAM player and that is why they are winning in the post season and exactly why Halls got beat in the District tournament and why they lost to Bearden tonight in the Region!!!!! If Cameron would "run" his team and share the ball...they would be advancing in the region! Michael Jordan had to learn this...maybe Cameron will too someday!

Powell played horrid tonight and still found a way to win, not a clue how, Hargis looked like he had cramps in his legs plus he was caughing like crazy tonight not sure what was up with him.

I hope hes better by friday

Overall a pretty bad game for powell, Jason Seymore was the only one to show up on the scoreing end, and smith had some nice assists tonight thats pretty much it good luck against (OR i think)