Sequatchie Valley Hot Seat

Tha Chosen One

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Snipe is boys coach at JMS. Rumor has it that he may be the boys coach at Marion next year. Not sure what to believe about whats going on.

I agree with bballbuzzard, the rumors are swirling big time in jasper. I have heard Coach Webb will be at the high school and I have heard that he is staying put. My personal opinion is that if the job does for some reason come open (which it's still taken by Coach Roberts) that Coach Phillips should make his return to the sidelines at Jasper. He is better suited for the high school game than Coach Webb. That is just my opinion and i'm just being realistic.

Personally, I seriously doubt Coach Phillips making a return to MC, seeing as he's been seen on the sidelines as an assistant to the South Pittsburg girl's teams. I seriously wish Coach Webb would come up, and I think he would be great in the High school environment, I don't know why you'd say otherwise, he's a great coach. He associates well with his kids, and really knows the game, and isn't afraid to get in there and play with his kids during practices, and joke around. I know a lot of the players that would come back and play for him if he took over (including myself), and Marion has a lot of talent that could put up a lot of wins, but half of them won't play because of the current coach. Plus, just a thought....CWebb has that whole class of 8th graders coming up that he just took to the State Tournament....if you wanted to start powerbuilding your high school....good chances start next year. Let's just wait and see what happens though.

Jasper- girls position is open to anyone that will take it.

Boys should be Webb, he is the best person for the job, a super person and coach. If the current coach turns it down for next year snipe will be the new coach.

Bledsoe- The coaches are not going anywhere, the administration is content just to have a team. Unless the coaches quit on their own they will be there as long as they want.

Whitwell- Both coaches will be there next year.

S. Pitt- Both coaches will stay.

Sequatchie- Both coaches won coach of the year, they will not retire at sequatchie for about 40 years. There job is safe.

There are several great middle school coaches in the valley that schools should look at for high school positions. These guys know what they are doing, it would be fun to see them compete aainst each other at the high school level.Grant Webb at Jasper middle. Chris Cagle at Sequatchie middle, and Mark Cagle at Bledsoe middle.

I just got to thinking after reading through these posts, why are these rumors started? Coach Roberts is still the basketball coach and i would take it as a personal shot if people were going behind my back saying that this coach should get it or this coach or whatever the case may be. I think this shouldn't be brought up until the position is officially open.

I have not started a rumor about coach roberts. The question on the thread is who is on the hot seat? Only winning 3 or 4 games a year i believe would qualify someone to be on the hotseat. I said in my post that i believe he will still be there if he wants it. BUT if he does not then i believe grant will get the job .

I have not started a rumor about coach roberts. The question on the thread is who is on the hot seat? Only winning 3 or 4 games a year i believe would qualify someone to be on the hotseat. I said in my post that i believe he will still be there if he wants it. BUT if he does not then i believe grant will get the job .

i wasn't pointing fingers, i was just stating in general. if roberts does give it up, it will be on his own terms. despite the record, he has done a very good job with the cards dealt to him. all of the players that have played for him look back and respect him for his abilities. personally, i think he should hang on.

I just got to thinking after reading through these posts, why are these rumors started? Coach Roberts is still the basketball coach and i would take it as a personal shot if people were going behind my back saying that this coach should get it or this coach or whatever the case may be. I think this shouldn't be brought up until the position is officially open.

Purplefan, we all agree that he is still there but there is nothing wrong with getting on here and speculating who might take over the position since "it is said" that he has made the statement that if they find someone for it, he would step down. On that note, i still believe Coach Webb isn't fit for the high school game. He seems to be a good guy and good with the kids but i've also heard that his coaching style is better suited for middle school. I could be wrong but just giving you my two cents worth.