Sequatchie Valley Hot Seat

Tha Chosen One

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Purplefan, we all agree that he is still there but there is nothing wrong with getting on here and speculating who might take over the position since "it is said" that he has made the statement that if they find someone for it, he would step down. On that note, i still believe Coach Webb isn't fit for the high school game. He seems to be a good guy and good with the kids but i've also heard that his coaching style is better suited for middle school. I could be wrong but just giving you my two cents worth.

Let's see--- Coach Webb wins 20 games, takes his team to the state tournament; Coach Roberts wins 4 games, doesn't even qualify for the district tournament.--- now whose coaching style seems to be a good fit?

Do not get me wrong, i am not against coach roberts, but to say that these middle school coaches do not have the ability is wrong. They have been coaching against the same teams the high school coaches are coaching against except the middle schools are winning. Jasper, Bledsoe, and Sequatchie middle schools play the same teams, win at least 15 games a year out of 20, and each has made state tournament appearences and have conference championship banners hanging in the gym. It just bothers me to hear people treat middle schol coaches like they are not "real" coaches. Some of the best in the state work in middle schools. Just giving my two cents worth, not trying to ruffle any feathers.

Let's see--- Coach Webb wins 20 games, takes his team to the state tournament; Coach Roberts wins 4 games, doesn't even qualify for the district tournament.--- now whose coaching style seems to be a good fit?

Do not get me wrong, i am not against coach roberts, but to say that these middle school coaches do not have the ability is wrong. They have been coaching against the same teams the high school coaches are coaching against except the middle schools are winning. Jasper, Bledsoe, and Sequatchie middle schools play the same teams, win at least 15 games a year out of 20, and each has made state tournament appearences and have conference championship banners hanging in the gym. It just bothers me to hear people treat middle schol coaches like they are not "real" coaches. Some of the best in the state work in middle schools. Just giving my two cents worth, not trying to ruffle any feathers.

Jasper Middle won games this year over Bledsoe, Sequatchie, South Pittsburg, Chattanooga Christian, Ocoee, Dekalb Co., and Rhea Central just to name a few. If i'm not mistaken Sequatchie Co. Boys coach Jason Smith coach their Middle School team before taking over at the High School. I think he has done an excellent job with that program. I don't know whats going on with the Coaching Situation, but I think Coach Webb is doing a good job sending talent over to the High School thats ready for next level. What was Marion's JV record this year? I know they beat Howard's JV once. Thats just my two cents worth.

Jasper Middle won games this year over Bledsoe, Sequatchie, South Pittsburg, Chattanooga Christian, Ocoee, Dekalb Co., and Rhea Central just to name a few. If i'm not mistaken Sequatchie Co. Boys coach Jason Smith coach their Middle School team before taking over at the High School. I think he has done an excellent job with that program. I don't know whats going on with the Coaching Situation, but I think Coach Webb is doing a good job sending talent over to the High School thats ready for next level. What was Marion's JV record this year? I know they beat Howard's JV once. Thats just my two cents worth.

I'm thinking the JV record was like 12-6. They had a very good season and the losses came against some pretty stout programs. Why the reference to Marion's JV?

Edited by PurpleFan

I've never heard of Rhea Central or Ocoee...are they new???

they are not junior high, rhea central is a middle school in dayton, tn----ocoee is a middle school from bradley county.

last time i checked jr high and middle school were pretty much the same thing. under the context of the subject, they both consist of 7th and 8th grade teams.

Marion is really a mystery to people. The players that they have are very talented, and have more than enough talent to win the district....now, you may laugh at me for saying that, but it's true, they have the talent. But seemingly, no coach has ever been able to put it all together. Believe me, they had/have/will have some great players, with extraordinary abilities, but they just lack the coaching to bring it all together. Plus there's a lot of talent out there that doesn't play at all. Not because they can't, but they choose not to for various reasons. A coaching change could help. Marion has had a poor history, but it's not been because of a lack of talent...it's really just hard to put a finger on it. Just my opinion.

Edited by Rodman15

well I don't kno, but I really don't think Webb is the man for the job.

While we are on the topic of middle school coach, we (Grundy County) have got a few good ones ourselves, Nat Newsome, the coach of Tracy City girls, is going to make a great addition to someones staff