Wartburg vs. Midway

ZOOLANDER69

What is everybody's predictions on this first round match up? I'll take Wartburg by 22.

WB-86

MW-64

With the loss of Clint White 3 years ago, Midway has been on a downward spiral ever since, but Wartburg on the other hand has had a great season, even with the transfer loss of one of the best guards in the state, Wartburg dominated the disrict regular season and tournament. Wartburg's only fault this season was the region loses during the regular season. In the past, both Wartburg boys & girls have struggled at the Oneida gym or recently renamed "The OHS Arena". Look for a tight game, with Wartburg always keeping a 6 to 10 point advantage, until the fourth quater where they take a 20 point lead to victory. Good luck both teams.

Well we lost, whatever im not here to talk about that... but on the comment that Midway is on a downword spiral since Clint White left 3 years ago is the most ignorant statement i have heard in forever.

Clint White's SR. team did not even win 10 games (8-20). (Biggest accomplishment was beating Harriman once that year)

The next year(2003-2004) was a rebuilding year where we went 6-22. The starting lineup featured 1 SR 1 JR and 3 Soph. The first people off were the bunch were 2 Jr and 1 Soph. Only 4 players had "truly" played the year before.(Most of them rode the pine the year before this one) (Biggest accomplishment was beating Greenback in District playoffs(Greenback is our biggest rival)

In (2004-2005) Midway went 19-12. Midway would loose a controversial 1 pt. game against Rockwood in the first round of the region playoffs. (Biggest accomplishments were: Swept Greenback twice in reg. season, once in district playoffs, beat Cosby for the first time in school history, swept Coalfield, beat Harriman once, and WE GOT OUR STUDENT FAN CROWD BACK (i was a jr that year and that was the first time since i was in HS that we had a fan crowd) Argubaly the 2nd best student section in the Region, Cosby being #1

In (2005-2006) Midway went 18-13. We would loose to Wartburg in first round of regions in a very close game. (Biggest Accomplishments were swept Greenback and Coalfield, beat Kingston and Harriman, and had an even greater student section)

So downword sprial? I think not.

Edited by MidwayGWave32