Will Farragut be any good this year?

Liverpool

Farragut is going to probably have an up-and-down season...much like last year. They will come out to play and dominate certain teams, but they will come out soft and get ran over by bigger teams. They are good, and there is no doubt to that. State is up in the air for them this year. You are all saying the same thing..Farragut only has 4-5 seniors. That isn't good. Toward the end of the season, when it comes to playoffs, you need older leaders and younger players to step up. Their Junior class is really big and very talented, but they aren't as physical as the juniors at Bearden. There is still a lot of soccer to play.....GO ADMIRALS!!!!

Who are the more physical juniors at Bearden?

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bearden always plays more physical. Rico up top is always powerful. I am not saying that Farragut is going to be bad. I am just saying that, in High School soccer, the more skilled teams don't always win out. The Juniors at Farragut like Swift and Underwood are very skilled players, but Beardens younger players and their seniors are generally more physical. High School soccer seems to come down to who is willing to intimidate physically. When Farragut had the Morrows, Hills, Bobrowski's, and the Krouses they were physically and skillfully intimidating. Does Farragut have that anymore?

Ben Lawson is a tough player, and they have a few tough players. They had a freshman step in at Defense last year and he went in like a mad man at times, but Bearden prides themselves in being more physical. I thought Rico was a Junior last year? I could be wrong, but i thought he was.

Bearden always plays more physical. Rico up top is always powerful. I am not saying that Farragut is going to be bad. I am just saying that, in High School soccer, the more skilled teams don't always win out. The Juniors at Farragut like Swift and Underwood are very skilled players, but Beardens younger players and their seniors are generally more physical. High School soccer seems to come down to who is willing to intimidate physically. When Farragut had the Morrows, Hills, Bobrowski's, and the Krouses they were physically and skillfully intimidating. Does Farragut have that anymore?

So you never named the "more physical" juniors at Bearden. Cause Rico is a senior and he has never done anything against Farragut. And if i remember correctly Radcliffe from Bearden got jacked up last year againt Farragut multiple times. I heard he even had to go to the hospital after the game.

When you talk about skilled juniors at Farragut, you have to include Ben Backstrom and Jake Russell too. In response to wondering which juniors will play physically, I believe these two will, especially in the Bearden/Farragut rivalry games. I agree that Bearden tends to be more physical overall, but that is not always the best strategy in soccer. If your assumption about soccer games coming down to "who is willing to intimidate physically", then wouldn't it be logical to bring out football linebackers and play with them? In order to be successful, a team needs aggressiveness and skill. Both Bearden and Farragut are capable of having these traits.

When you talk about skilled juniors at Farragut, you have to include Ben Backstrom and Jake Russell too. In response to wondering which juniors will play physically, I believe these two will, especially in the Bearden/Farragut rivalry games. I agree that Bearden tends to be more physical overall, but that is not always the best strategy in soccer. If your assumption about soccer games coming down to "who is willing to intimidate physically", then wouldn't it be logical to bring out football linebackers and play with them? In order to be successful, a team needs aggressiveness and skill. Both Bearden and Farragut are capable of having these traits.

Ah20 knows whats up

This is what i love about west Knoxville soccer. There are three or four powerhouse club teams that get divided primarily between two schools, Farragut and Bearden. Farragut seems to always have the more skilled players, and Bearden tends to get the more physical players. However, they are not linebackers on bearden; they are very skilled. Ben Backstrom, Jake Russel, Joseph Muth, and Ben Lawson are the types of players that can handle Bearden's physical play...and Matt Dakin is another player that dominates in the bigger games. That being said, I am not basing all of my opinions on the physical aspect of the game. I am not saying that Bearden is going to walk away with anything this year. I am not saying that Farragut is going to walk away with anything this year. I am simply stating my opinion that for the last five/six years Farragut has had problems with teams that play more physical....and this year, only having 4-5 seniors on the team, that is more of a problem. In regard to Ratcliffe going to the hospital last year....he also had two game winning goals against farragut, and he wasnt one of the bigger players on Bearden...or one that liked to get physical. So taking him out of a game, even though it was a huge hit, is not like taking that preston kid they had at sweeper out last year....he was bigger and more physical than most of Farragut's squad.

This is what i love about west Knoxville soccer. There are three or four powerhouse club teams that get divided primarily between two schools, Farragut and Bearden. Farragut seems to always have the more skilled players, and Bearden tends to get the more physical players. However, they are not linebackers on bearden; they are very skilled. Ben Backstrom, Jake Russel, Joseph Muth, and Ben Lawson are the types of players that can handle Bearden's physical play...and Matt Dakin is another player that dominates in the bigger games. That being said, I am not basing all of my opinions on the physical aspect of the game. I am not saying that Bearden is going to walk away with anything this year. I am not saying that Farragut is going to walk away with anything this year. I am simply stating my opinion that for the last five/six years Farragut has had problems with teams that play more physical....and this year, only having 4-5 seniors on the team, that is more of a problem. In regard to Ratcliffe going to the hospital last year....he also had two game winning goals against farragut, and he wasnt one of the bigger players on Bearden...or one that liked to get physical. So taking him out of a game, even though it was a huge hit, is not like taking that preston kid they had at sweeper out last year....he was bigger and more physical than most of Farragut's squad.

I agree. Well put.

Farragut has enough physical players to play with anybody. If they were dominated over the last couple of years then how did they win the state championship 2 out of the last 3. Bearden and Farragut is always a gut game and last year Farragut won the big one, the regional championship. So before selling Farragut down the road, who have they lost to that physically dominated them? This year is a small team but will be tough to score on, and we can play,(small or not) with most teams. Bearden does have some great Jr players , BUT none better than Ben Bacstrom and Jake Russell. And Rico is really big, but I don't even think he has ever scored against Farragut. So............................

I dont mean to pry or anything, but if Farragut is going to be as good as they have been over the last few years then why is it that they haven't beaten a team in preseason yet. I know that preseason has nothing to do with the season and i hope they turn it around.... Ben Backstrom and Jake Russel or not, i believe they have only scored like 2 or 3 goals total as a team (maybe less). And i dont have specific people to pull out from Bearden's team because i dont know them, but i do know that Farragut is troubled by teams that play physical...ex. Bearden over the last few years, Science Hill put an end to their unbeaten streak, Sevier County last year, Brentwood (whether or not the ball belonged to farragut most of the game), and even Father Ryan....it is kinda funny reading those and seeing that those are the games that Farragut has either won by a small margin or lost to over the last years....but i am only writing those from a perspective of reviews on certain games and witness to certain games.

Edited by FockinMental16