Rockwood vs Oneida

RwoodTigersIn02

The Tigers have one of the most difficult matchups that the have seen in a longtime in the first round of a region tournament. A lot of factors make this a difficult matchup one obvious factor is the potential of the Tigers having a let down after such an emotional loss to Cosby, Secondly talk about a homecourt advantage, the Orange will be out in force making it one of more the difficult environments that the Tigers have seen all season. Rockwood traditnoally has had all kinds of problems when the make the journey up to Oneida. With all that being said I think the Tigers have to start strong and get the crowd out of the game early, the Tigers have to play in the paint and around the basket and let the guards shoot the 3, or Moffitt to drive and dish. Defense will be the name of the game in this first round match up and I think that Coach Paul Kamikawa will have the Tigers focused and they will win a tight game that at times make look ugly, but that seems to be when the Tigers are at their best. Good Luck Tigers!

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree with everyone ROCKWOOD will have to put COSBY in the past and have in their head that ONEIDA is not a blind school and that they won't be able to just walk in and go for the all star team . . . They will have to play early get the ball inside let Gilmore and Parguay get some shots up. . . Dont get in foul trouble tigers once the ball goes in the paint it wont come out so have hands straight up . . . play hard . . . ONEIDA loses this one home court advantage can not help them this game ROCKWOOD wins by 21. . . Hopefully they will have it in the book before half time but coach KAMIKAWA will not let them go in for the scrub minutes till 4th mabye end of 3rd this is what a good coach does . . . if they get the lead dont rub it in there face just let the shooters get some shots up and the post some good looks. . . go ROCKWOOD

The Tigers need to play that hard nose defense that has earned them this spot and they have to avoid the 3 or 4 min scoring droughts that have haunted them this season, with that being said as I said earler the Tigers will win and move to round 2 and more importantly move one step to a return to the Boro..

It is very obvious that you never played the game before.