REGION 1-AA SCORES

1BIGFANOF44

Dont know the exact score but HV boys beat PF by double digits; PF girls are up on HV girls by 8 in the third qtr.

The EHS-CC score is deceptive. CC slowed the game down, and EHS was off from the outside in the first half with CC going into the second half up by 4, 19-15. Coach made the necessary adjustments at the half and the team executed the plan to perfection. EHS led by 3 heading into the fourth and just wore CC down at the end, getting steals on several consecutive possessions and converting them into points. I dont have stats, but I know MP and CC led the scoring. Good to get the first one in the books.

I thought CC's coach had an excellant game plan. Boring to watch.....but a good game plan for his team. They were 'outmanned' and he knew it but the pressure overcame his ladies in the second half. Great adjustment by Weems coming out of the half-time locker room. Really pressured the ball outside and on the wings and applied a very effective full-court press. We all knew, especially being down 4 at the half, that he had to get after CC on the perimeter and force turnovers and that is exactly what Coach had his ladies do. After securing a lead the Cyclones went back to the 'money' and pulled away.

Great game by Big Pet and Crapps. This is to be expected at this point. Bush stepped in big as CC tried to double down on MP.......Marti made them pay. Hopson had her usual game.......handled the ball well, a couple of steals and a couple of big outside shots. Very tough outside defense by J. Treadway helped change the game to start the second half. Another great 'TEAM' effort. :thumb: