Humboldt vs. Union City @ Trenton

benwoodsuc

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, another question....who thinks that it doesnt matter who wins? I mean, who thinks that Humboldt and UC can both beat Middleton and Middle College (assuming they win...which isnt a given)? And, who thinks the state championship game is going to be Humboldt and UC again?

Honestly, I'm predicting Middle College to win their region & their substate. Middleton is going to be tough to beat as they return much of their state championship team. Both Humboldt and Union City will have their hands full on Saturday, but all four are extremely capable of causing an upset.

Honestly, I'm predicting Middle College to win their region & their substate. Middleton is going to be tough to beat as they return much of their state championship team. Both Humboldt and Union City will have their hands full on Saturday, but all four are extremely capable of causing an upset.

The guys sub-state will be Monday.....I think...

Here's what I think the sub-state games will look like..

Middle College @ Union City

Humboldt @ Middleton...

If anybody recalls these are the exact picks I had early in the year :unsure:

I say Humboldt wins this one, but it won't be easy because Weddle has made it clear that he's going to get his...UC seems to be on a bit of a roll right now but don't let the UC-LC game fool you...Honestly, I think UC just matches up better with LC than Humboldt...but, you never know with these games...Humboldt seems to have a few nagging injuries (Toylon Smith and Derek Sain) but I would think that by Thursday, these guys will be ready to go...

Humboldt - 84

Union City - 82

The guys sub-state will be Monday.....I think...

Here's what I think the sub-state games will look like..

Middle College @ Union City

Humboldt @ Middleton...

If anybody recalls these are the exact picks I had early in the year :unsure:

Yes, you're right. I meant to say Monday. I guess I still have the girls on my mind. I'm going with UC @ Middle College and Middleton @ Humboldt.

Yes, you're right. I meant to say Monday. I guess I still have the girls on my mind. I'm going with UC @ Middle College and Middleton @ Humboldt.

If the Middleton @ Humboldt matchup occurs...then that's pretty much a makeup game from the Hall of Fame game earlier this year in Humboldt that was cancelled due to tornado watches...I remember everyone then saying Middleton by 10, 15, 20...even as much as 30...I doubt people would make those predictions knowing what Humboldt is capable of now...but, it's not Humboldt's job to worry about what's going on in the other region...just got to worry about beating UC and playing whoever comes into H-town Monday...and hey, who knows...Mannassas might come out of that region...you never know :unsure: