Humboldt vs. Union City @ Trenton

benwoodsuc

i happened to travel down to trenton on monday night to see the LC UC game. i would have to say that was the best game i have seen all season. it was definitely a show put on by Weddle and MJ Brown, both being pressed every time the ball was brought down by UC from base line to baseline. Weddle and Brown showed immaculate skill and handling, not to mention Weddle's 34 points. it was a rough game, as i expected, it seems to be the only way teams are able to hold weddle. if UC shows the same determination getting down the court against Humboldt and is able to play all 4 quarters instead of the common 3 1/2, UC should come out of this one with a victory. Humboldt definitely has an advantage with their size, but if they play like the did agains LC at south fulton, UC should handle them. humboldt will have to be careful as LC did about their aggressiveness. UC's speed is hard to handle and Weddle's consistency of 30+ points can cause a lil frustration. best of luck to both teams, it should be a great game. i wouldnt' be surprised to see these two teams again at the 'boro. it is a shame that possibly the best three teams in tn in class a came out of the same region.

Edited by Fossil10

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This should be a good one. Hate i'll miss it. I know Weddle will get his for UC. I'm going to give you people someone to watch for. Some of you know but for those of you that don't, Kelsey Rose is capable of taking completely over a game at the A level. He can rebound, average dribbler, shoot and pass. The other night at South Fulton, Rose was the reason that Humboldt was even in the game. Without Toylon Smith the Vikings didn't have much of a scoring threat outside of Rose. I feel if he hadn't run out of gas in the end, it might have been a different outcome. Rose on the boards looks like a man amoung boys. No disrespect to Xavier Robinson, but he is no match for the bigger, stronger Rose. Humboldt is one of those teams that if they put together a good game and they set their mind to it, they can go all the way. Humboldt is the only team that can beat themselves at the A level. This is going to be a great game.

Does anyone know the status of Sain?

Uc wins this one 77 to 68.Uc will host middle college and humboldt will travel to middleton.Uc and humboldt both win their substate games.Going to be a good one.Uc have to contain Tylon smith,who is an unde player.Didnt have a good game in union city,but had a good game at humboldt and in the districts at so.fulton.I look 4 uc to put a lot of full court pressure this time like lake co did, and to get into humboldts bench.Good luck UC.

Im feeling Humbolt...Thery're back at it again this year only in single 'A'

I'd like to see Toylan and kelsey do their thang

Humbolt by 8.

This should be a good one. Hate i'll miss it. I know Weddle will get his for UC. I'm going to give you people someone to watch for. Some of you know but for those of you that don't, Kelsey Rose is capable of taking completely over a game at the A level. He can rebound, average dribbler, shoot and pass. The other night at South <a href='http://www.coacht.com/inside/team.cfm?SchoolID=159&SportID=3' target='_blank'>Fulton</a>, Rose was the reason that Humboldt was even in the game. Without Toylon Smith the Vikings didn't have much of a scoring threat outside of Rose. I feel if he hadn't run out of gas in the end, it might have been a different outcome. Rose on the boards looks like a man amoung boys. No disrespect to Xavier Robinson, but he is no match for the bigger, stronger Rose. Humboldt is one of those teams that if they put together a good game and they set their mind to it, they can go all the way. Humboldt is the only team that can beat themselves at the A level. This is going to be a great game.

Does anyone know the status of Sain?

From where??

I have to agree. I think Union City will Rack Humboldt. That Marquis Weddle guy Union City has is suppose to be the next big thing. My prediction is Humboldt gets Racked by 15 or more.

Nobody is gonna rack nebody we've played them three times this yr. and beat them twice. They beat us at their home court by 7. Then we beat them by 6 at ours. And at district we had them by alot but they came back and we won by 10. So if they win tonight it will be a close game. They can beat us no doubt, it just comes down to who wants it more. Good Luck to both teams. It's gonna be a great game.

Edited by VikingFan9

Well, nice to see you on here backinthaoc...Seems like since the Humboldt-UC game in Humboldt, you haven't been on as much (wonder why :lol: ) but yea, I do agree...both teams played far from their best Monday night...I did think UC would beat LC due to the fact that UC just matches up well with them...what I didn't see coming was such a close game between Halls and Humboldt...but...when the season is on the line, you can expect to take everyone's best...I do expect to see a well played game Thursday...and as far as the low scoring game you're looking for...I just can't see it...neither of these teams have played defense against each other so far...the game is so fast paced and there's so much shooting...it's hard not to get 80...so, I'll stick with my prediction of 84-82...good luck to your team though...I'm sure that place will be packed...and maybe we won't get that garbage ref that looks like Bob Sagget... :lol:

The game at Union City was UC 70 Humboldt 63....That is what I'm expecting this time...In these types of games the ball seems to get bigger and the rim gets smaller.....If it's high scoring I will be surprised.....

Union City will have to contain Smith..They did in the first game,he wasn't a factor....Union City doesn't get the amount of points put on them like Humboldt put on them in their last two games and I will be really suprised if they put over 80 on the Tornadoes 3 games in a row..Anyway,Shane said after the game(Humboldt game at South Fulton) that he was hoping to get another shot at them because he thought he had a game plan to handle them the next time they played...We'll see,I guess....

I said at the beginning of the year,actually after last season,that Union City would win the state championship this year...If they play to their full capabilities,they can and really probably should.....But,i'll tell you,other than the Bolivar's, Liberty's,Haywood's and Mitchell's Single A is stronger in this area than AA....Union City would have easily won the old District 13AA this year,but would have been hard pressed to get by Haywood in the region and host a substate game rather than travel to Memphis...Single A has got my respect after this season.....