Humboldt vs. Union City @ Trenton

benwoodsuc

Not so sure about Union City winning their old district. Crockett and Dyersburg are no easy match. Both of those teams are athletic and shoot it well from outside. Union City were it still in AA probably would had pulled a repeat of last year. Great regular season only to be beaten by Ripley in the first round of the region. Be happy u are in A. Much easier to compete without size down there than in AA.

Union City,Lake County and Humboldt would have 1-2-3 in no particular order in the old District 13AA......And Union City played Bolivar,Liberty and Haywood TWICE,beating Haywood at Haywood....Liberty was the only one out of those top teams in AA to handle the Tornadoes easily....And Union City had beaten Ripley in the regular season last year by over 30 points......Union City just jumped out of the frying pan into the fire in Single A.....Oh and Union City swept both Crockett and Dyersburg last year and would have done the same this year....Be happy(if you support a AA team),you are there....And I wouldn't have said that at the start of this season...These teams,LC,Humboldt and Halls made believers out of me and I saw what Middleton did last year,so that just adds to the depth of 1A ball in West Tennessee...

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First off..Hats off to Humboldt.....

Red you were right and close on the score....You said 84-82 and it was 86-83....

If Marquis Weddle is not the Mr.Basketball in 1A...There isn't one...He just needed to get 50 last night instead of 46.....Hey team-mates!!!..How about a little help!!!

Something to put on the "TO DO LIST"..Practice FREE THROWS!!!!!!!!!!

I really thought when TONY MOSELY hit two free throws with 17 seconds left to take the lead at 83-82, the basketball Gods were looking down on the Tornadoes..Mosely was hitting a blistering 36% from the charity stripe....12 made free throws all year till he hit the two most important he probably will ever attempt....

I'm not really understanding the game plan....Run with the Vikings...Hey it didn't work in Humboldt or in their game with the Vikes in the district tourney...In theory,it was supposed to wear down the Vikes and get into their bench where UC is supposedly stronger....I think I might have at least tried to slow the tempo a little and make Boykin coach instead of letting his teams athleticism take over..The little hold the ball trick by Boykin almost cost him the game...By the way in his tenure at Humboldt,last night he just got to .500 or now is one game above it....And until the last three games Union City had beaten the Vikings at least 10 times in a row..

All in all it was a great game betwwen two of the best teams in the state..Could possibly be a five-peat in a few weeks..Who Knows???

Lay off the refs...We all know they most all stink...Get thru it...Live with it...Deal with it...And stop complaining about it..It's only gonna get worse....

I guess since his team won,the person who threw the bottle near the end of the game feels kinda stupid now....Show a little class....Whoever was sitting by him/her should have pointed them out......

I guess it could have been worse...Union City could have lost to Humboldt in the region semis,and been done instead of at least one more game to play...

Edited by backinthaoc

First off..Hats off to Humboldt.....

Red you were right and close on the score....You said 84-82 and it was 86-83....

If Marquis Weddle is not the Mr.Basketball in 1A...There isn't one...He just needed to get 50 last night instead of 46.....Hey team-mates!!!..How about a little help!!!

Something to put on the "TO DO LIST"..Practice FREE THROWS!!!!!!!!!!

I really thought when TONY MOSELY hit two free throws with 17 seconds left to take the lead at 83-82, the basketball Gods were looking down on the Tornadoes..Mosely was hitting a blistering 36% from the charity stripe....12 made free throws all year till he hit the two most important he probably will ever attempt....

I'm not really understanding the game plan....Run with the Vikings...Hey it didn't work in Humboldt or in their game with the Vikes in the district tourney...In theory,it was supposed to wear down the Vikes and get into their bench where UC is supposedly stronger....I think I might have at least tried to slow the tempo a little and make Boykin coach instead of letting his teams athleticism take over..The little hold the ball trick by Boykin almost cost him the game...By the way in his tenure at Humboldt,last night he just got to .500 or now is one game above it....And until the last three games Union City had beaten the Vikings at least 10 times in a row..

All in all it was a great game betwwen two of the best teams in the state..Could possibly be a five-peat in a few weeks..Who Knows???

Lay off the refs...We all know they most all stink...Get thru it...Live with it...Deal with it...And stop complaining about it..It's only gonna get worse....

I guess since his team won,the person who threw the bottle near the end of the game feels kinda stupid now....Show a little class....Whoever was sitting by him/her should have pointed them out......

I guess it could have been worse...Union City could have lost to Humboldt in the region semis,and been done instead of at least one more game to play...

The botttle was not thrown by a humboldt fan it was someone from trenton

That doesn't make alot of sense...It came from the right of the WENK broadcast position and they were in the Humboldt section,but whatever.... :thumb:

yea there were some treton ppl in the top corner behind us

I'm not exactly for sure on this but has anybody heard about marcus johnson #10 and Kelsey Rose #00 for humbolt got jumped by several trention guys and johnson was hurt seriouly and should miss the sub-state..

It wasnt them.

I'm not exactly for sure on this but has anybody heard about marcus johnson #10 and Kelsey Rose #00 for humbolt got jumped by several trention guys and johnson was hurt seriouly and should miss the sub-state..

Marcus Johnson and Kelsey Rose weren't even there...2 of Kelsey's brothers (1 graduated, 1 a senior), and a senior off the football team were the ones who were jumped by the Trenton people..it happened the night of the victory over UC in Trenton at the Trenton McDonalds...I imagine the guys from Trenton will get theirs, but the guys off the team don't need to go over there and get into any trouble with the sub-state coming up Monday...

Oh, and as far as the bottle...up above Humboldt's student section were a lot of Trenton guys standing along the rail and it came from there...unless a person from Humboldt was up there w/ them (doubtful since we hate them), it wasn't us...

Hey backinthaoc, how do you see your team stacking up against Middleton?