SOMETHING NEEDS TO BE DONE ABOUT THE OFFICIATING

m-townflyinghigh

THIS IS PROBABLY THE WORST GAME I SEEN CALLED LAST NAME (2/27/06), BESIDES SEEING BOLIVAR BOYS PLAYED LIBERTY LAST WEEK. SOMETHING HAS TO BE DONE ABOUT THE OFFICIATING. THE FANS OF THE LADY TIGERS NEW THAT MADISON WAS GOING TO WIN THE GAME AND HAVE THE UPPERHAND. THE REF THAT CALLED THE MOST FOULS OF THE GAME WAS NOT ONLY FROM JACKSON, BUT HE WAS HUGGING ON THE COACH'S DAUGHTER AND TALKING TO HER THROUGHOUT THE WHOLE GAME. I DON'T MIND IF WE LOST AND WE PLAYED A BAD GAME, BUT MIDDLETON DIDN'T GET A CHANCE TO PLAY. MADISON SPENT THEIR WHOLE NIGHT ON THE FREETHROW LINE, THEY WENT 30 TIMES TO THE LINE. FOULS THAT SHOULD HAVE BEEN CALLED WASN'T CALLED. ONE OF OUR BEST PLAYER GABRIELLE JONES WHO JUST CAME BACK AFTER HAVING KNEE SURGERY WAS BEING TRIPPED AND KNOCKED OVER AND NO FOULS WERE CALLED. OUR LEADING SCORER VALNESSA MILLER WAS CHARGED WITH CHARGING AND THE GIRLS WERE DEEP UNDER THE GOAL AND WASN'T EVEN SET. MOVING PICKS BEING SET THE FOULS BEING CALLED AGAINST US. ONE GIRL OFF OF MADISON EVEN STEPPED OUT OF BOUND IN FRONT OF THE REF AND THE GAME CONTINUED. THE OTHER REF CALLED FIVE SECONDS, BUT WHEN IT WAS TIME TO TURN THE BALL OVER TO MIDDLETON NEXT THING YOU KNOW THEY ARE SAYING COACH PATTERSON CALLED FOR A TIME OUT. AFTER MADISON WON THE REF WENT AND HUGGED COACH PATTERSON. EVERYTIME MIDDLETON GOT WITH IN REACHING DISTANT THE WHISTLE WAS BLOWING. IF YOU LOOK AT THE STATS FOR EACH QUARTER OF THE GAME MADISON MADE MOST OF THEM ON THE FREETHROW LINE. MADISON DISTANT BEAT US WITH THEIR SHOOTING CAUSE NEVER HARDLY GOT A CHANCE TO SHOOT.

TSSAA SAY PLAY WITH GOOD SPORTMANSHIP, BUT HOW CAN YOU PLAY WHEN THE OFFICIAL ARE CHEATING AND NOT CALLING GAME RIGHT. BOLIVAR AND LIBERTY GAME WOULD HAVE NEVER HAVE GOTTEN OUT OF HAND IF THE REFEREES WOULD HAVE TOOK CHARGE OF THE GAME. THE BOY FROM LIBERTY WOULDN'T HAVE BEEN SUSPENDED FROM REGIONAL AND MAYBE SUBSTATE GAMES.

SOME KIND OF PUNISHMENT SHOULD BE GIVEN TO REFEREES THAT CHEAT AND I DO MEAN BLATANTLY CHEAT FOR OTHER TEAMS.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From what I have witnessed, all season, the girls need to dress out as if it were a football game. I can hear your frustration and I understand it. I hope someone can do something about the situation. The TSSAA is supposed to be keeping the children from being exploited, yet it seems that they are the ones responsible for the exploitation.

From what I have witnessed, all season, the girls need to dress out as if it were a football game. I can hear your frustration and I understand it. I hope someone can do something about the situation. The TSSAA is supposed to be keeping the children from being exploited, yet it seems that they are the ones responsible for the exploitation.

This really is a problem and I totally agree about suiting up for a football. THIS IS NOT SOUR GRAPES on my part because Harpeth won its last two games at Lexington, but the atrocious calls against us were blatant; the local girls could do no wrong and the "out-of-towners" could not do anything right...except when they called the occasional foul in our favor so that it wouldn't be COMPLETELY obvious.

In the Harpeth-Chester Co. game, Bianca walked obviously 4 times with 3 refs looking at her and nothing was called. She had very few fouls called against her but LOTS of her points were from the free throw line. Harpeth had to do nothing but breathe in her direction and the whistle was blowing.

I witnessed the McNairy-South Side game and #25 for McNairy totally had her way under the basket ---charging and bulldozing and was never called.

Something has got to be done, but according to former refs and coaches on similar threads I've read recently, all the good refs are at the college level and the irate fans in the stands are to blame. ;)

This really is a problem and I totally agree about suiting up for a football. THIS IS NOT SOUR GRAPES on my part because Harpeth won its last two games at Lexington, but the atrocious calls against us were blatant; the local girls could do no wrong and the "out-of-towners" could not do anything right...except when they called the occasional foul in our favor so that it wouldn't be COMPLETELY obvious.

In the Harpeth-Chester Co. game, Bianca walked obviously 4 times with 3 refs looking at her and nothing was called. She had very few fouls called against her but LOTS of her points were from the free throw line. Harpeth had to do nothing but breathe in her direction and the whistle was blowing.

I witnessed the McNairy-South Side game and #25 for McNairy totally had her way under the basket ---charging and bulldozing and was never called.

Something has got to be done, but according to former refs and coaches on similar threads I've read recently, all the good refs are at the college level and the irate fans in the stands are to blame. ;)

I watched the Harpeth-Chester game and I think the problem is simply numbers. The good officials are either getting out or going to college.....you guys had 3 of the worst officials in the NW association that night. There are good ones but they are becoming less and less interested in refereeing high school games.

I watched the Harpeth-Chester game and I think the problem is simply numbers. The good officials are either getting out or going to college.....you guys had 3 of the worst officials in the NW association that night. There are good ones but they are becoming less and less interested in refereeing high school games.

Glad somebody besides the Lady Indians fans saw it.

Irate fans :lol: Now, Why would the fans be irate? ;)

Catch 22!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm just really concerned about the players. Our team was out in the 1st game of district. During the season our team would have been comical if it wasn't so sad. Broken wrist (out for season), dislocated shoulder (out for season), torn ACL (out for season) and many bloody noses, black eyes and bruises.

Irate fans :thumb: Now, Why would the fans be irate? :D

Catch 22!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm just really concerned about the players. Our team was out in the 1st game of district. During the season our team would have been comical if it wasn't so sad. Broken wrist (out for season), dislocated shoulder (out for season), torn ACL (out for season) and many bloody noses, black eyes and bruises.

Exactly. I was being facetious about the irate fans. Wonder why they are so irate? We're not all crazy...This is a real problem; a safety issue. There's also the issue of bad officiating affecting the outcome of the game and it being unfair for some teams. Especially this time of year, let's get the best OBJECTIVE officials on the court.

Edited by blue-redbball

THIS IS PROBABLY THE WORST GAME I SEEN CALLED LAST NAME (2/27/06), BESIDES SEEING BOLIVAR BOYS PLAYED LIBERTY LAST WEEK. SOMETHING HAS TO BE DONE ABOUT THE OFFICIATING. THE FANS OF THE LADY TIGERS NEW THAT MADISON WAS GOING TO WIN THE GAME AND HAVE THE UPPERHAND. THE REF THAT CALLED THE MOST FOULS OF THE GAME WAS NOT ONLY FROM JACKSON, BUT HE WAS HUGGING ON THE COACH'S DAUGHTER AND TALKING TO HER THROUGHOUT THE WHOLE GAME. I DON'T MIND IF WE LOST AND WE PLAYED A BAD GAME, BUT MIDDLETON DIDN'T GET A CHANCE TO PLAY. MADISON SPENT THEIR WHOLE NIGHT ON THE FREETHROW LINE, THEY WENT 30 TIMES TO THE LINE. FOULS THAT SHOULD HAVE BEEN CALLED WASN'T CALLED. ONE OF OUR BEST PLAYER GABRIELLE JONES WHO JUST CAME BACK AFTER HAVING KNEE SURGERY WAS BEING TRIPPED AND KNOCKED OVER AND NO FOULS WERE CALLED. OUR LEADING SCORER VALNESSA MILLER WAS CHARGED WITH CHARGING AND THE GIRLS WERE DEEP UNDER THE GOAL AND WASN'T EVEN SET. MOVING PICKS BEING SET THE FOULS BEING CALLED AGAINST US. ONE GIRL OFF OF MADISON EVEN STEPPED OUT OF BOUND IN FRONT OF THE REF AND THE GAME CONTINUED. THE OTHER REF CALLED FIVE SECONDS, BUT WHEN IT WAS TIME TO TURN THE BALL OVER TO MIDDLETON NEXT THING YOU KNOW THEY ARE SAYING COACH PATTERSON CALLED FOR A TIME OUT. AFTER MADISON WON THE REF WENT AND HUGGED COACH PATTERSON. EVERYTIME MIDDLETON GOT WITH IN REACHING DISTANT THE WHISTLE WAS BLOWING. IF YOU LOOK AT THE STATS FOR EACH QUARTER OF THE GAME MADISON MADE MOST OF THEM ON THE FREETHROW LINE. MADISON DISTANT BEAT US WITH THEIR SHOOTING CAUSE NEVER HARDLY GOT A CHANCE TO SHOOT.

TSSAA SAY PLAY WITH GOOD SPORTMANSHIP, BUT HOW CAN YOU PLAY WHEN THE OFFICIAL ARE CHEATING AND NOT CALLING GAME RIGHT. BOLIVAR AND LIBERTY GAME WOULD HAVE NEVER HAVE GOTTEN OUT OF HAND IF THE REFEREES WOULD HAVE TOOK CHARGE OF THE GAME. THE BOY FROM LIBERTY WOULDN'T HAVE BEEN SUSPENDED FROM REGIONAL AND MAYBE SUBSTATE GAMES.

SOME KIND OF PUNISHMENT SHOULD BE GIVEN TO REFEREES THAT CHEAT AND I DO MEAN BLATANTLY CHEAT FOR OTHER TEAMS.

Seems like a lot of this going around.

Exactly. I was being facetious about the irate fans. Wonder why they are so irate? We're not all crazy...This is a real problem; a safety issue. There's also the issue of bad officiating affecting the outcome of the game and it being unfair for some teams. Especially this time of year, let's get the best OBJECTIVE officials on the court.

Exactly!!

Something has got to be done, but according to former refs and coaches on similar threads I've read recently, all the good refs are at the college level and the irate fans in the stands are to blame. :ph34r:

I saw the game as well, and I saw quite a bit of feet shuffling nearly every trip down court from BOTH teams. Everything is not going to be called the way we as fans see it. Congrats to Harpeth, by the way. The officiating did not affect the outcome of that game.

Something has got to be done, but according to former refs and coaches on similar threads I've read recently, all the good refs are at the college level and the irate fans in the stands are to blame. :(

If the good ones are at the college level then the game is in real trouble. I've watched 30 college games in person this season and about 5 of them had decent crews. The rest were anywhere from awful to barely tolerable. I'm not sure the problem is money, it might help, but the real problem is accountability. Until officials are held accountable for the job they do on the floor it's only going to get worse. Coaches have their kids watching film after every game. Maybe officials should be required to watch the film after every game they call with someone who is scoring them for that performance and then pay is determined from the score. It might make things much more interesting.

Edited by teachthegame