Rankings for D2

PKnCo42

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I believe coach myers' has his team in topic condition for preseason. With the new modifications to BGA's field this year. (new wall, scoreboard, outfield fence, lights, and clubhouse) BGA will had a definate advantage over other D2 schools. Once again this year Coach Myers is taking the squad down to Miami to compete with top notch compettion. This trip will greatly prepare his squad for the tough schedule that they will have this year in the middle region of Division II

I don't see how making new modifcations to the field will help.. maybe if they improved their weight room but how is making modifications to the field going to help BGA playing baseball? All the BGA players are causing a lot of hype about the team and I just don't think that they can live up to their expectations.. Ridings can't pitch every game and D2 is always a tough division. We'll see where they wind up in a couple months.

In the east there are only 3 teams left, so McCallie, Baylor and Knox. Webb will be battling it out. On paper, Knox. Webb and McCallie have the best chance, but when all of the teams play, it doesn't matter especially between Baylor and McCallie. The last two years, the weaker team has usually won. It it'll be exciting to see which two teams go to state.

1.) Christian Brothers

2.) McCallie

3.) Webb

4 ) BGA

5.) Baylor

Dont take this the wrong way because the season has just started and anything can happen, but shouldnt Father Ryan be on that list. Baylor didnt even make it to the state tourney last year. Ryan eliminated Mcallie in state. BGA has Ridings but what other pitchers? I dont know anything about Webb. Christian brothers will be good. I cant make any predictions because I havent seen these teams play, but I would put Ryan over a couple of those teams.

Just give some consideration where it is due.

Well let's see! CBHS is the team to beat with McCallie a close 2nd.

BGA and Father Ryan should control the Middle unless pitching depth problems arise.

ECS returns almost everyone, Briarcrest was young last and returns some talent. MUS should have been there the last 2 seasons but can't seem win the big game.

Yes McCallie is loaded once again but the 3 teams in the East are proven winners.

Webb has been in the hunt 3 of the last 4 seasons and returns some proven talent. Baylor has a knack of replacing key players with players that are just as good ,and their system works.

Great Baseball in Division II!

Well let's see! CBHS is the team to beat with McCallie a close 2nd.

BGA and Father Ryan should control the Middle unless pitching depth problems arise.

ECS returns almost everyone, Briarcrest was young last and returns some talent. MUS should have been there the last 2 seasons but can't seem win the big game.

Yes McCallie is loaded once again but the 3 teams in the East are proven winners.

Webb has been in the hunt 3 of the last 4 seasons and returns some proven talent. Baylor has a knack of replacing key players with players that are just as good ,and their system works.

Great Baseball in Division II!

Again your not giving credit where credit is due.. how is McCallie a close 2nd when Father Ryan has the same amount of seniors returning and finished higher in the state tournament? Knox Webb that finished 2nd in state is also returning plenty of seniors and should be the close 2nd, not McCallie. Also isn't it the top 2 in the east that go to state? meaning that one of the three between Baylor, McCallie, and Knox Webb won't even make it to state. McCallie has a huge question mark at pitching and pitching is what wins ball games and it could very easily be McCallie staying home in May. All of these replies are McCallie biased so I am sure im gonna get grief for this but it would not be surprising at all to me to see McCallie staying home. One guarantee is that the state tournament is going to be the best in recent years. It seems like every team is returning a heavy amount of seniors and I believe that because of the bracket, either the #1 seed from the east or the #1 seed from the middle have the easiest road to the state championship game and I think one of those teams is going to become state champion.

Again your not giving credit where credit is due.. how is McCallie a close 2nd when Father Ryan has the same amount of seniors returning and finished higher in the state tournament? Knox Webb that finished 2nd in state is also returning plenty of seniors and should be the close 2nd, not McCallie. Also isn't it the top 2 in the east that go to state? meaning that one of the three between Baylor, McCallie, and Knox Webb won't even make it to state. McCallie has a huge question mark at pitching and pitching is what wins ball games and it could very easily be McCallie staying home in May. All of these replies are McCallie biased so I am sure im gonna get grief for this but it would not be surprising at all to me to see McCallie staying home. One guarantee is that the state tournament is going to be the best in recent years. It seems like every team is returning a heavy amount of seniors and I believe that because of the bracket, either the #1 seed from the east or the #1 seed from the middle have the easiest road to the state championship game and I think one of those teams is going to become state champion.

McCallie has no question marks and certainly not at pitching. Jayne, Coleman and Moore are plenty good and they have more. I know little about about some of the others in the state in D2, but if there is someone better than McCallie, I'd have to see them. The only team to compare locally is Ooltewah and I'd say they are even. Ooltewah just gets more hype at this point. Both are very solid.