Bolivar vs. Liberty

PrepFanatic

FFulmer, I love high school basketball. And, I love the B-Town Tigers. However, I am a little ticked off at how this series/rivalry with Liberty is developing. Our rivalries with Haywood and Fayette Ware are nothing even close to as personal and emotional as this rivalry is becoming. I just read that other thread before it was closed and it made me sick. If the fans of both sides really have that much hatred for each other, then maybe the TSSAA and the two school should consider where and when these two schools play in the future. The game is not worth sacrificing the health and well being of the student athletes involved. And the mud slinging and finger pointing by the fans does not do anyone any good at all. I just have a sick feeling that at some point this series is going to boil over into the street and that's just not good.

I think the ones doing all the talking are some young students at the schools. The players and the fans know better.

I was sitting in front of some students from 1 school (not mentioning which 1 because its irrelevant) and they were bad mouthing the other team the whole game. But I was siting behind and beside adult fans from the other school and they never said anything negative. These kids that were talking the whole time had to be freshman and sophmores. 3 rows down from me were older students from the same school and they never got animated at all. The internet its avaliable to all ages, I think the negative comments, specifically ones from people with 1 or 2 post are from young students. Not student athletes.

But more importantly its like Coach Dexter Williams said....If this is going to be a rivalry.....Liberty has to win 1. Until then its should be considered just another game by the Green Tigers.

BTW....

Bolivar 71

Liberty 60

The whole team has geled, its over for the everybody in B-Towns way.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

FFulmer, I love high school basketball. And, I love the B-Town Tigers. However, I am a little ticked off at how this series/rivalry with Liberty is developing. Our rivalries with Haywood and Fayette Ware are nothing even close to as personal and emotional as this rivalry is becoming. I just read that other thread before it was closed and it made me sick. If the fans of both sides really have that much hatred for each other, then maybe the TSSAA and the two school should consider where and when these two schools play in the future. The game is not worth sacrificing the health and well being of the student athletes involved. And the mud slinging and finger pointing by the fans does not do anyone any good at all. I just have a sick feeling that at some point this series is going to boil over into the street and that's just not good.

I think it might help if fans realize that it was a one time incident that shouldn't happen again. The parties involved have apologized, and that is in the past and that is where it should stay.

Like it has been said before, there were no problems in the previous games, so there should be none this time.

Both teams are well coached and know discipline. Now if some of the fans were to get some discipline, I think the problem would be solved.

I guess it can all be boiled down to one statement... "Don't be stupid"

I think the ones doing all the talking are some young students at the schools. The players and the fans know better.

I was sitting in front of some students from 1 school (not mentioning which 1 because its irrelevant) and they were bad mouthing the other team the whole game. But I was siting behind and beside adult fans from the other school and they never said anything negative. These kids that were talking the whole time had to be freshman and sophmores. 3 rows down from me were older students from the same school and they never got animated at all. The internet its avaliable to all ages, I think the negative comments, specifically ones from people with 1 or 2 post are from young students. Not student athletes.

But more importantly its like Coach Dexter Williams said....If this is going to be a rivalry.....Liberty has to win 1. Until then its should be considered just another game by the Green Tigers.

BTW....

Bolivar 71

Liberty 60

The whole team has geled, its over for the everybody in B-Towns way.

Prep,

makes sense. BTW, I agreed with your post on the other thread. I can't make the game tonight but it should be a classic. Barring no injuries, I think Bolivar completes step 2 (district, region, substate, state championship).

After tonight Bolivar improves to 4-0 in this series. Liberty does have a chance but from what ive seen this year, they rely too much on inside shots.Not really anything wrong with that except Chism is too much of an inside force. Liberty needs to show that they can hit shots from the outside.If they do, then they can spread Bolivar out and have a good chance.I just dont see that.Bolivar wins.

Prep and truhoops...well, and everyone I guess(!),

SORRY THIS IS LONG...

If you had the time to go back and look at many of our posts, I think you'd see where a lot of us (both sides) were really looking forward to this becoming a great rivalry.

Now. I'm not so sure..no matter how this turns out in 2006.

A lot of these posters are young. You can usually tell, and they have a right to post. But I wish they'd dial it back a little. We can have a great rivalry tradition here...if it's not ruined. And that'd be sad.

Some adult fans (also BOTH sides) can be just as bad. Even I get mad when people get on here and say it's just the BCHS fans when any objective person knows that we ALL have fans who get out of control. And the other thread (you know) this AM mentioning "birth certificates" and the # of "Honor Students"...please! No offense to anyone on either side, but you don't see a lot of Oxford Scholars who were their team's MVP! No offense guys...many of you are very good students...but you know what I mean.

If Liberty loses...then better luck next year. They are a great team and I want to wish them all the best (when they're not playing Bolivar!).

And IF BCHS doesn't make a 3rd time...well that's OK. I think they've made a pretty good showing of themselves.

No matter what, the world WILL keep on turning!

Unless Bolivar loses...KIDDING!

Still gotta say...BCHS by 7 tonite. And both will go to the 'boro. If not...that would be a shock. No offense to their opponents, but I can't see them not being there.

See ya back after the game.

FF

Prep and truhoops...well, and everyone I guess(!),

SORRY THIS IS LONG...

If you had the time to go back and look at many of our posts, I think you'd see where a lot of us (both sides) were really looking forward to this becoming a great rivalry.

Now. I'm not so sure..no matter how this turns out in 2006.

A lot of these posters are young. You can usually tell, and they have a right to post. But I wish they'd dial it back a little. We can have a great rivalry tradition here...if it's not ruined. And that'd be sad.

Some adult fans (also BOTH sides) can be just as bad. Even I get mad when people get on here and say it's just the BCHS fans when any objective person knows that we ALL have fans who get out of control. And the other thread (you know) this AM mentioning "birth certificates" and the # of "Honor Students"...please! No offense to anyone on either side, but you don't see a lot of Oxford Scholars who were their team's MVP! No offense guys...many of you are very good students...but you know what I mean.

If Liberty loses...then better luck next year. They are a great team and I want to wish them all the best (when they're not playing Bolivar!).

And IF BCHS doesn't make a 3rd time...well that's OK. I think they've made a pretty good showing of themselves.

No matter what, the world WILL keep on turning!

Unless Bolivar loses...KIDDING!

Still gotta say...BCHS by 7 tonite. And both will go to the 'boro. If not...that would be a shock. No offense to their opponents, but I can't see them not being there.

See ya back after the game.

FF

Well said FF

Guest catfish-hunter

David LIpscomb wins 61-59 over MLK. This game was a real barn burner. Lipscomb built up a 20 point lead in the 3rd quarter only to have MLK come back and make it a close game. It looks like you guys will get Humme Fogg and David Lipscomb in your sectional match-up.

Bolivar and Liberty will both roll to Murfreesboro despite how tonight's matchup turns out.