hands down

anspa

the best freshman in the state

5'11" HOLLY ROGERS

CLEVELAND HIGH SCHOOL

LED A PREVIOUSLY .500 TO SUB .500 TEAM TO

A 24-8 RECORD

AND WOULD HAVE DONE BETTER WITH EXPERIENCE

CLEVELAND IS DEEP ON THE BENCH AND HAS 4 OF 5 STARTERS RETURNING NEXT YR AND THE YEAR AFTER WITH TWO FRESHMAN AND TWO SOPHOMORES RETURNING INCLUDING FRESHMAN HOLLY ROGERS AND SOPHOMORE TIFFANY BUCKALEW

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i'll have to negate what you posted. She might be 5'8 (certainly looked taller when we played her in AAU) but what does that have to do with anything? She is a point guard and 5'8 is GREAT size for that position. Tennessee's (lady vols) point guards are 5'6 and 5'9 respectively and if you can play, it doesn't really matter at the guard spots...but inside is a whole different matter. Holly is probably one of the tallest PG's in the state. I'm sure her mailbox is teeming with letters anyway--By the way, super frosh LaToya Bullard is only about 5'6 or 5'7 and that's not stopping her mailbox from running over. Plus, I'm pretty sure that Holly has her about two or three inches easily. Plus, Holly's advantage is that she is well-built, muscular and strong. She is stronger than most guards and penetrates well to the basket. Stop hating on Holly, shame on you!

Personally I would better have Holly over bullard kid.I would probably take the other kid out at Memphis over latoya. What is her name Melissa Ling. great player. Who said anything about hating someone. I was just stating that she is not 5 "11". She is probably one of the best point guards in the state. I think the 2 spot best suit her. Who has the better AAU team this year. Showboats or Stars. Please let me know camelcowchip

Personally I would better have Holly over bullard kid.I would probably take the other kid out at Memphis over latoya. What is her name Melissa Ling. great player. Who said anything about hating someone. I was just stating that she is not 5 "11". She is probably one of the best point guards in the state. I think the 2 spot best suit her. Who has the better AAU team this year. Showboats or Stars. Please let me know camelcowchip

You are entitled to your opinion and since you expect me to stoop to your level and purposely are trying to get me to do so, I'll make sure I won't. If you think that Holly is better then fine. I really think that she is good and I will not compare the two. Melissa Liebswager (sp?) is also very good. A very deadly outside shooter with GREAT size. All three of these kids have played together and like each other and I recognize and respect that and won't get into a "competition" thing. They are kids and there's plenty of college money out there for all of them so there's no need to say who's the best or who is better at what. All of them have bright futures and then there are some that no one knows about who will emerge in the next few years.

As for who is better this year, our team or the Stars, we won't know until the State tournament. I think they have a great program and have been around for decades (since I was playing). We are used to being the underdog and don't expect or welcome spoken accolades from the so-called basketball experts state-wide. We are just doing the best we can to get our girls exposure and to let them play against the best. Last year was our first year and we didn't get a chance to play a lot before state but we are going out of our way to do so now. And most importantly, we want them to have fun!!! I don't want to engage in a flame war with you and will ignore your hateful comments. I hope you get to check us out at state and introduce yourself to me if you do. :)

Center Jessica Jackson from Ridgeway in Memphis might end up being the best freshman in the state. SHe is listed in some recruting services as a top 20 player for her class NATIONWIDE and the only Tennessee player on the list.

However comparing it's apples to oranges when you compare centers to PG's.

Holly Rogers will move to the shooting guard by her Junior season, and over to the 3 by her Senior season. She will be taller, 5'10 or so when she graduates and play the 3 in college. She will more resemble her sisters when she is finished at CHS and that will dictate a position other than point guard.

Holly has division 1 written all over her, but she is not the only one at Cleveland like that. Buckalew is another Brittany Jackson in the making. If the Rader girl keeps improving, Cleveland could very well have 3 future D1 players on their team for the next 2 years and that should equate into a state championship.

Just a friendly suggestion- if you accidentally post twice(like you obviously did) all you have to do is click on the "page"icon right above your post- this is for editing purposes.........and at the bottom of that page you can click the delete box and delete the unwanted message. This could also be very useful to anyone who says something they later regret and want to take back.:):):):) I dont have a horse in this race- just saw the error and wasn't sure if you knew how to correct it!! Thanx!

Yes, Jessie is good. She is more of a finesse big girl and can shoot the mid-range jumper in addtion to having a sweet turn-around jumpshot inside...plus she can run the floor but she would have to be able to to keep up with Tamea Scales and Jennifer Humphrey, Ridgeway's other "TREES". A lot of people downed her for being out of shape last year but boy what a difference a season of Varsity basketball can do. She plays on our AAU team and is doing very well. Its a shame so many people downed her as an 8th grader about her physical abilities because she is a severe diabetic and often gets sick during games. That's something that won't ever change and coaches will have to choose whether they are willing to deal with it or not--so far it doesn't seem to be a problem. She still plays with LaToya and used to play with both Holly and the girl mentioned in a previous thread named Melissa Liebswager. The class of 2005 is going to be one of the best that we have seen in a few years recruiting-wise.