Hunters Lane vs Whites Creek - V

otis

These two fine teams meet for the fifth time tonight.

"Series" is tied at 2-2.

I hope both teams play their best, so we can find out who's really better.

Question: when was the last time two 12-AAA teams played 5 times in one season?

it seems like in 97 WC played PC(slay-henderson) a million times. civitan, reg. season, district, region........

Can't believe HL has so very little depth. 6 player rotation. HL does a good job of staying out of foul trouble. IF henley gets in any foul trouble they can forget it down low.

Scales and Crutcher are HL two big offensive threats.

Graham and Peters will have to step up big. Rouse needs to play like he did against McGavock. HL can't stop WC down low.

These two fine teams meet for the fifth time tonight.

"Series" is tied at 2-2.

I hope both teams play their best, so we can find out who's really better.

Question: when was the last time two 12-AAA teams played 5 times in one season?

This should be a classic game. The answer to the question is in 1999 Hunters Lane and Maplewood played 5 times. Maplewood won the district and Hunters Lane won the Region and both met in the sectional finals at the Municipal Auditorium. Hunters Lane won in double overtime. Both went to the State. Am I correct? :thumb:

I believe Coach Collier and Coach Gamble were the coaches.

You did tell the truth, 1999 was the last time two 12-AAA teams met 5 times. Hunters Lane won #5 in double overtime at the Municipal in front of a huge crowd. Coach Collier and Coach Gamble had many battles but none better than that season. Both teams did advance to the 'Boro.

I hope tonight's game is half as exciting as that on was.

Great game tonight! Whites Creek had Hunters Lane number in the first half, then went ice cold in the second. The Cobras had the extreme height advantage down low, but didnt use it to the their advantage, which suprised me. 44 is a big threat, but got in foul trouble late in the third quarter. Jordan made a small impact...but again, foul trouble.

All 5 starters for Hunters Lane had great games. Henley did his job down low. Crutcher, Scales, and Yarbrough did an excellent job of penetrating the middle, then kicking out for open looks.

That Hunters Lane team you speak of back in 99 was one of the best squads ive seen. Springer...Anderson....big duo in the middle. I remember them playing Hendersonville when I was in high school. Total domination

Red baron you pretty much summed it up. If rouse and jordon played with henley's intensity WC would be tough to beat. HL wanted it. WC went ice cold in the second half. They were stuck on 46 for about 6 minutes.

Jordon also kept getting winded and picked up two cheap fouls. One time trying to dribble drive from the top of the key(charging over yarborough).

HL also got away with an awful lot of handchecking on the perimeter. BUt that doesn't excuse WC for going ice cold in the 4th quarter.

Edited by cobrafan90

Franklin[/url'>HSfan' post='825967592' date='Mar 1 2006 - 07:35 PM']

Gamble should have retired after '99!!! :thumb:

Have you taken your meds today? :blink:

Coach Gamble is not only a winner, he does it the right way. :(

For you to criticize him is ridiculous. :(

And by the way, wasn't this supposed to have been your team's year?

That kinda ended abruptly when they met Hunters Lane huh.

Once again Franklin has a nice record in the regular season, but can't make it out of the regionals. :P

Great game HL just outplayed WC. Better leadership on the court for HL, However, Both will win and go to the State Tournament, The other region is really weak this year except for Beech which got upset. Hunters Lane may go to the final 4 at the State. They are more diciplined and all have good attitudes which is uncommon in Metro. This is why there has been no State Champs in Nashville for almost 30 years in 3AAA, Congrats to HL!

Red baron you pretty much summed it up. If rouse and jordon played with henley's intensity WC would be tough to beat. HL wanted it. WC went ice cold in the second half. They were stuck on 46 for about 6 minutes.

Jordon also kept getting winded and picked up two cheap fouls. One time trying to dribble drive from the top of the key(charging over yarborough).

HL also got away with an awful lot of handchecking on the perimeter. BUt that doesn't excuse WC for going ice cold in the 4th quarter.

I will agree with you cobra. A lot of fouls were missed though, and some calls shouldnt have been made. I am suprised Rouse didnt continue to get the ball down low and make something happen. He has the height, and the good shooting touch. I wasnt to impressed with Jordan though. He has the size...but fatigues quite easily. Not sure how he got through football season, lol..

Not sure who i would rather play in the sectional monday. Lavergne is on a hot streak right now, as is Clarksville. Both have had impressive victorys over good teams. I am glad that we are at home, which will help.